• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
View attachment 182098

Does this means that there is no gonna be new DLC Characters from Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Earthbound, Pikmin, etc...?
Because honestly... that's what I wanted... so this kinda dissapoints me.
So this means Monster Hunter's not happening because of the Rathalos, or is MH still in the running since technically MonHun is new to the series? I'm kinda confused and scared at the same time thinking that the last of my 3 character wants will be deconfirmed just like that. ;-;

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 182098

Does this means that there is no gonna be new DLC Characters from Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Earthbound, Pikmin, etc...?
This is misinformation.
"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."
It's a fluffed up way of re-iterating "it'll only be newcomers please be excited".

Roberk

Smash Champion
View attachment 182098

I wouldn’t lose too much hope, he says new games, not new franchises. I think it just means relevant characters/games

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah, not anymore. P5 is definitely the new fan favorite from what I've seen. Atlus is gonna be milking that bad boy for all it's worth.

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Also, I'm sure it has already been shared, but here's Xander's thoughts:

Oh my god. The announcer finally gets to play a character. That’s gonna be so weird.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yeah that means Rayman is dead... along with characters like dixie kong and bandana dee
That's the kinda sad part for me if this is the case which it most likely is, :(.

Though wait are Lylod and Heiachi done for then? Damn!

D

Deleted member

This is misinformation.
"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."
It's a fluffed up way of re-iterating "it'll only be newcomers please be excited".
So... what you're saying is Elma still has a chance????

im still on stage one of dabda

KMDP

Smash Legend
Joker is a lot more visually interesting. P4 protag just look's like a high school student.
...Kinda the point. :laugh:
--------------------------
By the way, I just had a thought.

For Smash 4, Mewtwo was officially unveiled on October 23rd 2014, and became available Early Access on April 15th 2015, getting officially released 13 days later.

Considering the nature of Joker's reveal (no gameplay, just an animated trailer), I can see Joker getting released in... late May, unless he's more complete than they're letting on.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's the kinda sad part for me if this is the case which it most likely is, :(.

Though wait are Lylod and Heiachi done for then? Damn!
Nah, they're all in the running still.
Nothing hard deconfirming them like Bomberman atm.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So it’s official then.

RIP Dixie, Bandana Dee, Sylux, Porky, Adeline, Poochy, Gen 8 Pokemon, and FE 3 Houses character.

Since most Nintendo IPs without fighters in Smash are already deconfirmed (Golden Sun, ARMS, Rhythm Heaven, etc)

This will most likely mean all DLC characters will be 3rd Parties and if they’re all Joker tier characters then this should be fun.

Zeox

Smash Champion
This is misinformation.
I wouldn’t lose too much hope, he says new games, not new franchises. I think it just means relevant characters/games
Reggie is playing with my feelings and is not the first time... thanks guys.

D

Deleted member

I hope that the inclusion of less likely characters gives these two more of a chance!
Renamon Gunvolt.png

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
So it’s official then.

RIP Dixie, Bandana Dee, Sylux, Porky, Adeline, Poochy, Gen 8 Pokemon, and FE 3 Houses character.

Since most Nintendo IPs without fighters in Smash are already deconfirmed (Golden Sun, ARMS, Rhythm Heaven, etc)

This will most likely mean all DLC characters will be 3rd Parties and if they’re all Joker tier characters then this should be fun.
Pretty much lol. I'm estatic.....

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
When Xander announces Joker in Smash I can imagine him saying something along the lines of "ME!!! ...Oh wait. I mean Joker."

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
This is misinformation.
But does that mean newcomers from new games or new series or what?

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
I’m trying to unlock all the characters but I keep losing to them! I need to practice, I haven’t played Smash 4 for like a year.
I havent had any issue with this except for Zelda, I have lost to her 3 times now for some reason. Inkling just up b'd off the stage

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Holy **** Bub with a sword got announced?
Closest thing that I'll get. But seriously this is making me consider returning to church I can't believe that Joker is in the actual game
He was the one serious pick I had and I thought he was unrealistic so I didn't even support the idea. But oh my God.

I can't get over it. This is single handedly the best announcement I have witnessed for any game.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m pretty sure Reggie means the same thing.
New games=New series, why would he say that a character from an existing franchise is from a new game unless it’s a brand new character?

-Welp, I think Geno’s chances are pretty much dead at this point.

-Banjo’s on the other hand have gotten much higher.

-Sora is looking pretty good as well.

-VGA and CTR was Crash’s perfect chance for a Smash reveal but he’s still likely.

-A Tekken/Mortal Kombat character might happen with the later getting a new title.

-Steve’s chances have thankfully went down but are still in the running.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Is there a way to make the standard Mii's from the banner? The Mii creator doesnt give the option

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom