• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I probably should have asked this earlier, but what does Joker like, do? Ive never played a persona game. Doesn’t he throw cards and summon Pokemon?
He can jump around, shoot, fight with a dagger and summon demons for using magic with his mind.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I probably should have asked this earlier, but what does Joker like, do? Ive never played a persona game. Doesn’t he throw cards and summon Pokemon?
Fight with a dagger reverse grip like Roy.
He use guns.
He summon Persona which act more like JoJo Stands. Literally. And can use multiple spells. His "main" persona, Arsene, is focused on Physical skills and Dark Skills.
He's very nimble and fast.

D

Deleted member

Fight with a dagger reverse grip like Roy.
He use guns.
He summon Persona which act more like JoJo Stands. Literally. And can use multiple spells. His "main" persona, Arsene, is focused on Physical skills and Dark Skills.
He's very nimble and fast.
damn just a pokemon trainer echo then
More seriously, in that case I hope he’s mainly summoner and uses guns. Those sound interesting.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Where did this rule come from that third-parties need to be genre defining or whatever? Can't they simply be from really ****ing good games that are popular?
It came from fans that keep making up rules for the games but actually believe the **** they say despite having zero proof to back up any of them. About the only rules that are actually "rules" is that character's have to be video game characters first and foremost as well as having some history with Nintendo IP wise not necessarily character wise. And those rules only have any actual credibility because they're things Sakurai himself has said. But people keep making up these rules mainly to push whatever narrative they want 99% of them have zero basis on any actual fact. Basically what i'm trying to say it's because people are biased.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That said...

Sakurai, can I be greedy and get Yu as well?

Throw Morgana in while you're at it.
My all-time favorite Persona character is Yukari Takeba. I'm happy to see Joker, because we might get some Persona Q music now, but Yukari would definitely have been one of my mains if she were chosen
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
My all-time favorite Persona character is Yukari Takeba. I'm happy to see Joker, because we might get some Persona Q music now, but Yukari would definitely have been one of my mains if she were chosen
Yukari is great, good taste in characters.

So he loads up a shotgun and fires out ghosts?
Nope. He shoots monsters, than his ghosts shoot monsters.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
damn just a pokemon trainer echo then
More seriously, in that case I hope he’s mainly summoner and uses guns. Those sound interesting.
Since he uses daggers and guns, I could see him as kind of a Bayonetta with a bit of Robin

Adhamdude456

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I really think Nintendo would go all out with these 5 characters (one of which is Joker).

I believe that the next 4 characters are going to be:
1. A Square Enix rep; mainly Sora from Kingdom Hearts or Noctus from FFXV
2. A Microsoft rep; Banjoo or Steve for sure
3. A long requested character; Geno being number 1 in my book
4. Another Fire Emblem character; from 3 houses

What I believe they may do post DLC is release free updates to include more echo fighters in the game, if not free than $2.99, I'm talking people like Inkling, Birdo, Dry Bowser, Black Bull, Ninten, and ,my wildest prediction, promote Shadow from assist trophy to echo fighter, same with Rodin.

They could also release new spirit battles and online modes as part of a free update or something, but these are just my personal predictions...

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yukari is great, good taste in characters.

Nope. He shoots monsters, than his ghosts shoot monsters.
Thanks! And Aigis is my second favorite. Heck, I think Persona 3 has the best cast of characters
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
I'm also betting the second DLC release is either the last days of December, or 100% January

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
I believe that the next 4 characters are going to be:
1. A Square Enix rep; mainly Sora from Kingdom Hearts or Noctus from FFXV
That's fair. I personally lost hope in SE representation lol
2. A Microsoft rep; Banjoo or Steve for sure
Unpopular opinion: Banjo isn't that likely. Steve is a meme, ****ty if that :/
3. A long requested character; Geno being number 1 in my book
Geno is just gone. I really preferred him for the game, but yeah I just can't see it anymore
4. Another Fire Emblem character; from 3 houses
I don't think Nintendo is pushing the whole "Hurr durr enjoy FE and Pokemon DLC"; especially judging from Reggie who said the DLC is gonna be the characters we pretty much meme about.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
84D169DB-39CE-4257-8B10-87FDEAFA79EF.jpeg

Does this means that there is no gonna be new DLC Characters from Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Earthbound, Pikmin, etc...?
Because honestly... that's what I wanted... so this kinda dissapoints me.

Last edited:

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
Yeah that means Rayman is dead... along with characters like dixie kong and bandana dee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom