• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes, why wouldn't you?

Sounds perfectly balanced and fair.
Something, something "Rewarding players for skill". Something like that.

How long a compaign is it Multi-Day (not take you multiple days to finish, i'm talking longer than 24 hours)

Why would you ever give me a thought like that? :(
I mean, Bayonetta got a generous heaping of songs. I think you'll be good. But you'll have to be satisfied with 8-10 or them.

Last edited:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I should admit one thing:

Joker (Persona 5) in Smash Bros Ultimate was cool, but i prefer Yuu Narukami (Persona 4) for Smash.
Anyone agrees?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The bad thing about the "Spirits disconfirm characters" argument is that we won't be able to get an idea as to whether or not they count as deconfirmations until a first-party gets in. Missing third-party Spirits like Joker mean little to nothing, as there's dozens upon dozens of third-parties who could get in Smash. Nintendo isn't going to bother working out the rights to add a Spirit of every notable third-party franchise, so seeing someone like Banjo or Steve isn't necessarily suspicious.

We're basically stuck going back and forth with nothing to support our claims except personal opinions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realised that joker puts a stop to exactly none of the arguments we’ve been having over the past month.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Joker (Persona 5) in Smash Bros Ultimate was cool, but i prefer Yuu Narukami (Persona 4) for Smash.
Anyone agrees?
I love Yu, but I think Joker was a better choice.

Something, something "Rewarding players for skill". Something like that.

How long a compaign is it Multi-Day (not take you multiple days to finish, i'm talking longer than 24 hours)
I think you can finish it around 11-12 hours.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Anyone agrees?
Not I. My favorite protag would be Minato Arisato. Or is it Makoto Yuki? Whichever one is his name. The dude from Persona 3

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just realised that joker puts a stop to exactly none of the arguments we’ve been having over the past month.
Yes he does.

"Only ballot result/ Fan favorite will get in"

But you can see the reception that break something I talked about.

People need to look OVER the smash bubble

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Morning!

*Wanted to preface this by saying i had a feeling if they didn’t have a lot to show at the VGAS, it would be shown at a direct, which if they do it every 3-4 months, we are due for one this or early next month if trend is to be followed*

Sorry for being so inactive. I know the talk for Persona 5’s Joker was all over since last night. As a fan of the series (Got em bois! From my top 5 characters wanted) I am thrilled to have representation in some form and Persona 5 (THAT EPIC MUSIC FROM THE SERIES) being the most recent game and from a popular game for many who were not aware of persona as much.

i can totally understand why people feel the way they do. i know i would be similar if i saw a character whose game (wouldn’t count persona q2) isn’t even on the switch...yet and seems a little sudden or pushed back. I am not 100% sure on the licensing end, but if sony mainly has the persona side and nintendo has moreso of the Shin Megami side, it makes things a little trickier.

That being said, i think it’s a matter of info being moreso of a small cinematic vs actual gameplay, which would be nice but...for the VGA itself it was very heavily advertised by other games. Not to say smash or nintendo couldn’t have put more into it, so i get why people are upset about that. I just think they didn’t have a lot to present yet (we all know how nintendo is, not always going by the grain)

I do think the hate and anger for this is a little much, but i also get people have expectations for the smash series and who the 5 dlc characters. It wouldn’t stop me from having the dlc characters as the option is ours if we want to even get it. If people don’t want him, no need to buy the full pass.

So i hope we can see more actual gameplay footage and more info on the dlc in the coming months.
To end....WE NEVER SAW THIS COMING!!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I love Yu, but I think Joker was a better choice.

I think you can finish it around 11-12 hours.
Jeesh. So much for the whole "You'll spend a week and a half alone on World of Light" thing. Still faster than classic mode (which I'm doing in addition anyway), and way more fun than spamming the system.

Can't wait for reviews to start going up in the YouTube space.

D

Deleted member

Yes he does.

"Only ballot result/ Fan favorite will get in"

But you can see the reception that break something I talked about.

People need to look OVER the smash bubble
I mean that’s one, but I’m talking more “spirits deconfirm” and “who’s the square rep”. Also who seriously thought that only fam favourites would get in as DLC? Pretty much everyone is saw was more pessimistic than that.

D

Deleted member

does anyone have any opinions on my new avatar? I really want to hear them! :3

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The FE reps, Cloud, Shulk, Joker, and every other character on the roster who people term as an"anime character" are just video game characters who look like they came from an anime.
I know right? It's almost like they're characters in a game made in a country where that is a predominant art style & thus influenced many artists or something.

Let's be fair here though, a bunch of anime-style characters is a LOT better then having a bunch of Family Guy-style characters or CAL Arts meme characters.
While I agree, Rodin's trophy mentions Hell's Gates, so who knows.
While true, Bayonetta & Rodin are morally ambiguous so they can kinda get away with it, but having a character meant to be 'good' summoning essentially Satan could rub some people the wrong way (you know the ones), so I could see Nintendo just avoiding Satanael since it's not really needed to represent Joker when just Arsene or a handful of iconic Personae can do the trick. I mean, we know Jack Frost is getting in this in some way now.

I wonder if Joker's Emblem will be the Phantom Thieves logo to represent just Persona 5 or the Card/Mask logo to represent Persona as a whole.
I swear to God Atlus. You better not pull off a FFVII with 2 songs.
They won't, I think Atlus actually retains full rights to all of their music unlike Square-Enix..plus they're owned by Sega, who is pretty buddy buddy with Nintendo.
Why better choice? Isn't Persona 4 more popular?

Who's Minato Arisato?
Not anymore, Persona 5 managed to blow it out of the water.

Minato Arisato is another name for Makoto Yuuki, aka the Persona 3 protagonist..similar to how Joker's name is Akira Kurusu (manga) or Ren Amamiya (Anime/Dancing).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lots and lots of people thought DLC would be fan favorites/Ballot related sadly.
Oof, can’t blame them for holding out hope though but what did they expect.

Also we’ve probbaly already discussed this, but what if one the DLC picks is Scorpion?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not I. My favorite protag would be Minato Arisato. Or is it Makoto Yuki? Whichever one is his name. The dude from Persona 3
Me too, Leader is great.

does anyone have any opinions on my new avatar? I really want to hear them! :3
Saw better edits but not bad.

No, Persona 5 is more popular and sold more.

Who's Minato Arisato?
Manga name of Persona 3 protagonist.

D

Deleted member

Nah, not anymore. P5 is definitely the new fan favorite from what I've seen. Atlus is gonna be milking that bad boy for all it's worth.

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

Also, I'm sure it has already been shared, but here's Xander's thoughts:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I saw that. Is that photoshopped or official promotional material?
It really happened in-game. Persona 5 actually has a lot of references to other video games.

Thank you! I don't think anyone else would think of Zoe Joker, and I'm only 15, so the bad editing can be forgiven, right?
Better than what I could do, certainly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if Joker's Emblem will be the Phantom Thieves logo to represent just Persona 5 or the Card/Mask logo to represent Persona as a whole.
Never thought about that. I think they'll go with Phantom Thieves' logo, but a mask or butterfly would be great.

inb4 it's Mara

D

Deleted member

I probably should have asked this earlier, but what does Joker like, do? Ive never played a persona game. Doesn’t he throw cards and summon Pokemon?

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
Joker
Something even more Crazy
Something pretty predictable
CRASH BANDICOOT
Fan requests
Fan requests

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Oh boy

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440346534/

A leak that guess atlus rep correctly
I would gladly take this list because it has Edelgard. Fite me FE haters :p. I'm kind of expecting at least one of the characters to be female. I don't think they'd choose five male characters. And if Sylux makes it in that would mean Metroid would have gotten the same treatment as FE did last game. Is that good or bad?

D

Deleted member

That said...

Sakurai, can I be greedy and get Yu as well?

Throw Morgana in while you're at it.

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
There's a LOT of Crash supporters here it seems. I'm so happy :D

GameFAQS ****s on him too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom