• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but one thing that got debunked with Joker is that the DLC was finished alongside the project plan

i.e. Dec 2015 might not be the cutoff date for DLC at all.

i.e. i.e. DLC wasn't planned at the same time the roster was.

Fire Emblem rep, here we come.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If everyone's calmed down now after the big reveal, I have some stories to tell regarding my ventures in Smashing.

I find Incineroar super scary to fight, so far I've fought him twice; the first time was as Pikachu, he spent the first few seconds of the fight literally just throwing me around helplessly.

Apparently I'm pretty good with Young Link. I had a really good fight against a LV9 CPU Link playing as Young Link, where I won with 2 (out of 3) Stocks, Link was in the process of Forward Smashing me as the timer ran out, I was incredibly close to having the fight go into Sudden Death.

I'm having difficulty beating Kirby's Classic Mode, despite it being my highest scoring CM so far (1,091,380 points). The time I got that over 1M score, I spent the entire session breezing through the rounds, rapidly beating the enemies and getting "Nice Plays!"... and then King Dedede 0-Deathed me. I couldn't pay to continue and had no Classic tickets, so I had to quit.

I almost clean sweeped in a 4-man 5-Round Smash Down against LV9 CPUs, Round 4 went to Sudden Death (which I almost won), and I picked the wrong character in the Final Round (I picked Ness, probably shouldn't have).
Young Samus from Other M.
Apt that you got Samus, considering your Avatar.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, I think Joker proved we don't need a 3D model for a reveal. So next reveal can be literally anytime. (I mean, not anytime but you got it)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
:sees Joker and Smash in one sentence:

What. The. Flying. ****.

Joker is IN??

Like... this Joker? Seriously!

You’re telling me I can make this world burn by playing as Joker along with Mega Man, Sonic, Snake, Pac-man, Ryu and Ken, Cloud, Bayonetta, and Simon and Richter?! It better be Heath ****ing legendary Ledger or I’m walking out!!!

You don’t like the king of comedy in Smash?!!

Deal with it!

And Sakurai said no 4th party characters. Bah! Move over Son Goku and Spongbob!

It’s the Jok....

Huh...?

What the **** do you mean? ****ing Persona 5?

I have no idea what the **** that is! Is it some sort of men’s cologne?! Nah man, they are talking about Joker!

:watches the trailer in absolute silence:

:eyes twitch:

:overcame with anger:

Don’t even joke with this!

It’s not my lovingly insane Joker?! Are you kidding me???

Noooooo!!!!

Sakurai, you are not putting a smile on my face!!!

You are not putting a smile on my face!!!!

Persona 5 Joker in Smash is super awesome amazing even if I don’t play those games. Can’t wait to see more of him.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
God, I really hope Joker comes soon-ish.

I realize he's probably still very early in development, but imagine having 2 brand new characters in Feb.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Also, I think Joker proved we don't need a 3D model for a reveal. So next reveal can be literally anytime. (I mean, not anytime but you got it)
Well uh...:ultlittlemac:and :ultpalutena:‘s trailers were 2D animated but their models and gameplay were shown later so I see your point.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Everyone's already playing the game it seems, but I just got a notification that my copy of Ultimate shipped and will be here tomorrow... Or later today I guess, if we're being technical. But yea, I'm so excited! Didn't think it'd arrive so soon.

Shroob

Sup?
So Joker's Classic mode will probably, if I had to guess, play out like the Palace's in P5.

:ultyoshi:'s days of Tax Evasion are finally coming to an end.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
:sees Joker and Smash in one sentence:

What. The. Flying. ****.

Joker is IN??

Like... this Joker? Seriously!

You’re telling me I can make this world burn by playing as Joker along with Mega Man, Sonic, Snake, Pac-man, Ryu and Ken, Cloud, Bayonetta, and Simon and Richter?! It better be Heath ****ing legendary Ledger or I’m walking out!!!

You don’t like the king of comedy in Smash?!!

Deal with it!

And Sakurai said no 4th party characters. Bah! Move over Son Goku and Spongbob!

It’s the Jok....

Huh...?

What the **** do you mean? ****ing Persona 5?

I have no idea what the **** that is! Is it some sort of men’s cologne?! Nah man, they are talking about Joker!

:watches the trailer in absolute silence:

:eyes twitch:

:overcame with anger:

Don’t even joke with this!

It’s not my lovingly insane Joker?! Are you kidding me???

Noooooo!!!!

Sakurai, you are not putting a smile on my face!!!

You are not putting a smile on my face!!!!

Persona 5 Joker in Smash is super awesome amazing even if I don’t play those games. Can’t wait to see more of him.
That would have been cool, but realistically he's not getting in before Batman.

And yes, that's where we are in terms of Smash speculation at this point.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wasn't really feeling the newcomer line-up for the base game, even though I got Isabelle. Now with DLC, I am very much looking forward to it. Surprises being a notable direction this time gets me seriously excited.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, about voice actors;

Matthew Mercer: Chrom and Fox
Ikue Otani: Pikachu and Morgana
Jun Fukuyama: Joker and Roy
Xander Mobus: Joker and Announcer

We already have three Phantom Thieves in Smash

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Wow! I’ve never played Persona but I watched some gameplay of it a while ago and I thought how cool Joker would be in Smash. And now he’s actually in! That’s so hypeee!!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey man.

You got enough air in your lungs after that scream of yours? Need an oxygen mask?

Lol. :p
Making fun of me are you? /s

To everyone asking if I'm alive, yes, I am alive. More alive than ever. This is what it feels to have your never-ever character get in.

Who's the real underdog right now?

<------- this guy, that's who.

osby

Smash Obsessed
By the way,

With Joker, how many god-killers we have now in Smash?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
By the way,

With Joker, how many god-killers we have now in Smash?
Palutena must be shaking in her boots. Poor Pit is going to be on the clock 24/7...

D

Deleted member

To everyone asking if I'm alive, yes, I am alive. More alive than ever. This is what it feels to have your never-ever character get in.

First Noipoi gets Incineroar in Smash, and now you've gotten Joker. This is the year of the underdogs it seems.
*Slick Wylde has died.

Also, I hate all of you.
Why?

Shroob

Sup?

Hey, I'm super happy for ya, lol.

I ****ing love P5, it just never crossed my mind that he had a chance.

Considering this round of speculation, I'd argue that you of all people deserve your never-ever pick the most.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't believe this is how it feels to have your most-wanted yet totally-impossible want in.

I still haven't passed the main menu in Smash because I'm too busy crying tears of joy in bed.

I think I'm finally calm now though. See you all on the other side of the World of Light.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
All I have to ask is one question in response to this announcement...

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon ARE YOU OKAY BUDDY?!

EDIT: NVM just saw the above message. Still though so happy for you man!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So hey, Smash Ultimate. God's gift to mankind. Feels so different. Joker from Persona 5 is still in Smash Ultimate. In the meanwhile, I don't know if it's posted yet, but Spawn Wave just apologized for teasing the whole "Metroid @ The Game Awards" thing.

You don't really see people apologize for mistakes. Gotta give it to 'em.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe this is how it feels to have your most-wanted yet totally-impossible want in.

I still haven't passed the main menu in Smash because I'm too busy crying tears of joy in bed.

I think I'm finally calm now though. See you all on the other side of the World of Light.
Hey man, that's how I felt when I got Ridley and Simon. And hopefully I can feel that same feeling again. *cough*DanteAndDoomguyForUltimateDLC*coough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom