• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wow, my bad. I thought he was a lot more firm about the SE character being first. Sorry.
No one is firm about anything about the SE rep
We all SPECULATED that he will be first because TOO MANY PEOPLE were hearing the names. And not from ONE sources.

Square-Enix rep is probably still happening. But the fact that Joker happened shows that fan demands might be an non argument putting a new light on the list of 7

D

Deleted member

I remember when everyone was all doom and gloom about Nintendo choosing the DLC, and they were wary about buying the pass because of it.
Good times. If they were that open about adding Joker, I'm felling pretty good about Banjo.
Also a close friend of mine is flipping her **** and it makes me happy to see so much joy

Last edited by a moderator:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo choosing DLC to me now means we're getting big and marketable names, im getting my hopes a little higher.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
This is literally what I'm saying the ****.

I'm trying to make the point that Joker has no real connection to Nintendo, and people are bringing up tiny *** inclusions in 3ds titles as if it was the breaking point that allowed him access into Smash.

No, Joker was just popular enough.

3rd Party doesn't need any relevant connection to Nintendo, this is what I'm saying.

Joker is proof of this.

At this point Crash and Master Chief are plausible
I'd argue there's a difference between a "weak" connection to Nintendo and "no connection" to Nintendo. Regardless of who's chosen, I do not think a character that has never been on Nintendo will be chosen. How this affects Master Chief, I don't know considering the Minecraft costume. Either way, he's in a different set of which I don't think western darlings like Lara Croft, MC or an MK character will get in.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I remember when everyone was all doom and gloom about Nintendo choosing the DLC, and they were wary about buying the pass because of it.
Good times. If they were that open about adding Joker, I'm felling pretty good about Banjo.
Also a close friend of mine is flipping her **** and it makes me happy to see so much joy
Me too, brother/sister, me too

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So what're the odds that we get Persona 5 ported to Switch. I really want that game on the go

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also, did you know that Prince from Katamari is a Pacman taunt?

Also...man I guess Crash is really on the table ain't he?

and what of Banjo?

Last edited:

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
This is easily one of the most pleasant surprises Ultimate has given us yet. Yeah, the reveal of Ridley and K Rool were fantastic, and Pirhana Plant was meme worthy, but they were either leaked or expected. Joker from Persona 5 is FINALLY that character that no one has speculated upon, that no one leaked or tried to predict; everyone was so busy arguing about Banjo, Steve, the Seven Square Reps and more than no one stopped to think what other characters could be in.

And before anyone says "OMG Joker doesn't deserve to be in the game his game was only on PS4", think about this for a second...

When Nintendo stated that THEY picked the DLC characters this time around, we almost universally agreed that Nintendo would either pick characters from their own IPs that THEY want to promote, or a third party character that THEY want to court over to make games for the Switch. Atlus DOES ghave a game on the Switch, and they have had Persona games on Nintendo systems. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if Atlus would port Persona 5 on the Switch using the PS3 version as a starting point. There was also an Atlus fighting game on the Switch that had Persona 4 characters as well, so Joker's franchise at least has more of a representation on Nintendo systems that Cloud did up until now.

Plus, with Joker being in Smash, this would generate interest in Persona and even give Atlus a nice boost, which is a very niche developer when compared to what third parties are in the game.

This is what I want from the DLC fighters; nice, unexpected surprises that bring variety to the roster. Yes, I want Banjo and Sora, but if Nintendo can keep surprising us like this, I will be happy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Welp, tonight was a doozy. I better get to bed, i've got an important package coming today ;).
If there's anything we learned tonight, it's that dlc is gonna be crazy-go-nuts.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I sure do hope this doesn't mean we are getting only 3rd parties as DLC. That would be pretty disappointing.

However if Amaterasu is among them I might forgive them.

Shroob

Sup?
Box theory is real
Ken is in
Piranha Plant and JOKER are DLC
........I still don't have a Switch

This is a good timeline for everyone but me right now

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So what're the odds that we get Persona 5 ported to Switch. I really want that game on the go
Guess it depends.

If Atlus is going to break the Persona Playstation Exclusivity, it's now or never. However, lately it's seemed like they're keen on making SMT their defacto Nintendo Exclusive. Which is fine. I more prefer SMT to be honest.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
This is easily one of the most pleasant surprises Ultimate has given us yet. Yeah, the reveal of Ridley and K Rool were fantastic, and Pirhana Plant was meme worthy, but they were either leaked or expected. Joker from Persona 5 is FINALLY that character that no one has speculated upon, that no one leaked or tried to predict; everyone was so busy arguing about Banjo, Steve, the Seven Square Reps and more than no one stopped to think what other characters could be in.

And before anyone says "OMG Joker doesn't deserve to be in the game his game was only on PS4", think about this for a second...

When Nintendo stated that THEY picked the DLC characters this time around, we almost universally agreed that Nintendo would either pick characters from their own IPs that THEY want to promote, or a third party character that THEY want to court over to make games for the Switch. Atlus DOES ghave a game on the Switch, and they have had Persona games on Nintendo systems. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if Atlus would port Persona 5 on the Switch using the PS3 version as a starting point. There was also an Atlus fighting game on the Switch that had Persona 4 characters as well, so Joker's franchise at least has more of a representation on Nintendo systems that Cloud did up until now.

Plus, with Joker being in Smash, this would generate interest in Persona and even give Atlus a nice boost, which is a very niche developer when compared to what third parties are in the game.

This is what I want from the DLC fighters; nice, unexpected surprises that bring variety to the roster. Yes, I want Banjo and Sora, but if Nintendo can keep surprising us like this, I will be happy.
That's actually a good point. It is nice to know that there are some more surprises in store and the leakers didn't ruin all the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom