• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
For real though with this news Sora makes too much sense now in my opinion there is no way in hell he doesn't have a chance now. We got someone as crazy as Joker "HIS GAME ISN'T EVEN ON THE SWITCH GUYS!" (get yeeted literally everyone who used that bull**** excuse as an argument against Sora).

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Okay, game time, people.
How is Verge gonna respond to accusations of being wrong?
A. Delete his GameFAQs account
B. Say Steve is coming later down the line
C. Say he was lied to by his "inside sources"
D. Admit he was lying and everything up to this point has been a lucky guess
Yes

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The following insider claims just got blown the **** out:
  • No characters past 2014 being planned
  • Sephiroth being an option on the SE list
    • Geno and Sephiroth making it to serious negotiations (Could be true if they went with Geno and Sephiroth got passed up)
Also most DLC picks just got blown out too. Can we get an F for fans of all the characters that just got absolutely blown the **** out by Reggie?

Is Geno a Mario character?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Remember that there's that January Direct for Metroid, y'all.

But uh... Wow.

LITERALLY EVERY LEAKER JUST GOT BTFO'D.

NO SQUARE REP.
NO GRANBLUE.
NO NAMCO REP.

ALL. BETS. ARE. OFF.
And good cuz these cats were getting fat on their high horses.

No one knows anything, now let's find that one 4chan post under all the garbage that called it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am at the store now ready to pick up a copy of my game, guys. No body odor here, but it is cold.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
As soon as i saw Joker I just thought of that one guy here who had that Joker icon/sig.

Hopefully now the KH fans can finally get Sora, they have been requesting him for years

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
ME TOO.

I was thinking "Persona 5 Crimson for Switch? A welcome surprise."

AND THEN THE ****ING LETTER WITH THE SMASH SEAL ON IT SHOWED UP AND I SCREAMED
Just a few days ago I made a post on here saying, "Persona Q has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a videogame and I'd love to see Persona get in Smash just to hear that awesome music again". And now it seems very possible to get some Persona Q music

D

Deleted member

Well, I think we can now officially say we are living in the most unpredictable timeline ever.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I thought the Grinch leak was real and that nothing would be announced at Evo and The Game Awards. I also thought Geno was a lock.

If I think I'm right about something I should just guess the opposite at this rate.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay. Someone tell me about Joker.

I want to be hype, but I'm just like ''Okay, I'm glad for his supporters."
Joker is sort of like a Stand User from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

If that stand user could freely change what Stand they had and had both a Sword and a Gun (neither of which are magic).

In all likelihood, he'll use Arsene, his basic Persona, along with some SMT mainstays like Jack Frost. I imagine he'll be a stance changer, where he changes the element of his specials by switching Personas. Something like that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sonic, Bayonetta and Joker are in the same game now. Goodness, I love being alive

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ME TOO.

I was thinking "Persona 5 Crimson for Switch? A welcome surprise."

AND THEN THE ****ING LETTER WITH THE SMASH SEAL ON IT SHOWED UP AND I SCREAMED
I have to admit that i also was thinking a switch port.. (even if i think that there may be exclusivity isues with sony)

but the way they revealed that card... it was pretty amazing.

Haven't played Persona 5 because i don't have an ps4, and persona fans might crucify me for this...

but i watched the anime and enjoyed it :3

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well guys. The game is finally out now. Y'all have fun playing it for the time being. I still have quite a while though until I get a Switch and this game but as I said multiple times. I ain't in no rush to getting them especially since I got other things in life to get out of the way first like moving into my own house next year.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Y'know that one music track in Persona 5 that plays when a party member awakens their persona in their first battle?
I want that as a remix really badly.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited that the DLC is coming from new series. The spirit of Smash is the crossover nature of it all, and I do think most of the main characters from series we already have are here. I'm super excited to look at the character list by game in a year and see five more games.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Can someone spare an extra PS4 with P5?
I've been looking at the game with longing but now I'm desperate to play it

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's hoping this means we get Persona 5 on Switch. Always wanted to play it, but didn't really want to buy a PS4 just for that.

From what I know of it though, Joker sounds hype as hell. Can't wait to play him. And more JRPG reps in Smash are always welcome

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
there's too much animuh!1!11!!!! i onl ywant fat uglie lizard boys in my super smesh bruthers this game stinks!!!!!

if "only new franchises" is true then i imagine geno is out...and so is dixie ;-;
and probably loads of other characters i can't think of rn
but it's not all bad news because muhfireemblem won't even have to be a discussion, at least not over dlc

Untouch

Smash Master
So, only characters from unrepped series huh? That means no FE or Gen 8 Pokemon.

Interesting...
Reggie didn't actually say this.

"Everyone's in smash. So we've said that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest crossover in gaming history, may I say the biggest crossover in entertaining. And so yes. So this gives the flavor as to how we're approaching DLCThese are going to be characters that are new to the series such as Joker from Persona 5, characters that you would not expect to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate."- Reggie

This was his quote.
But it sounds like they're going to be newer characters, Luminary is probably the DQ rep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have to admit that i also was thinking a switch port.. (even if i think that there may be exclusivity isues with sony)

Haven't played Persona 5 because i don't have an ps4, and persona fans might crucify me for this...

Anime is okay, I got into Persona 4 with anime after all.

Joker is sort of like a Stand User from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

If that stand user could freely change what Stand they had and had both a Sword and a Gun (neither of which are magic).

In all likelihood, he'll use Arsene, his basic Persona, along with some SMT mainstays like Jack Frost. I imagine he'll be a stance changer, where he changes the element of his specials by switching Personas. Something like that.
Personally, I think they'll stick to Arsene.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Reggie didn't actually say this.

"Everyone's in smash. So we've said that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest crossover in gaming history, may I say the biggest crossover in entertaining. And so yes. So this gives the flavor as to how we're approaching DLCThese are going to be characters that are new to the series such as Joker from Persona 5, characters that you would not expect to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate."- Reggie

This was his quote.
But it sounds like they're going to be newer characters, Luminary is probably the DQ rep.
Wait a minute...steve is technically a newer character...

he's in boys

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Outside of my first 5 characters in my Signature, Joker was tied with Rex and Pyra for 6th I'm still shaking even after the news.

Wow what a time to be alive

O_o

Speaking of alive...

Hey DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , hey speak to me are you still alive?

I know we don't talk much, but it was your infectious love for the character and Persona that made me really want Joker for Smash too. It's cause of you, and others explaining why he and his game are so cool, that I got Persona 5 last month and why I'm still shaking of excitement from the news so thanks a lot. :D

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

It's on the PS3 too if you have one of those lying around.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Y'know that one music track in Persona 5 that plays when a party member awakens their persona in their first battle?
I want that as a remix really badly.
Will Power? Yeah, I want a remix of that, too. As long as it comes with half of the P5 OST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom