• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well if the remake is real please don't ruin GAME OVER Grunty with new-age sensibilities.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Smash Ultimate's DLC doesn't get revealed at the VGAs but PSASBR2 does.

Real talk, I would actually be hyped for that as long as they fix the gameplay. I never had any issues with the roster, just with how utterly repetitive and boring it was.
Keep the platform fighter but either copy the % from Smash or go with traditional lifebars. If they want to stick a new gameplay style, then sure as long as it works.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

Real talk, I would actually be hyped for that as long as they fix the gameplay. I never had any issues with the roster, just with how utterly repetitive and boring it was.
Keep the platform fighter but either copy the % from Smash or go with traditional lifebars. If they want to stick a new gameplay style, then sure as long as it works.
I'd play it if Parappa was still in it

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So apparently, a fully charged Flare Blade does 72 damage now.

I cannot wait to land that in a real match for the first time.

D

Deleted member

So apparently, a fully charged Flare Blade does 72 damage now.

I cannot wait to land that in a real match for the first time.
Flare Blade? Whose move is that?
edit: t-minus 11 hours 14 minutes until ultimate

Last edited by a moderator:

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
Hey yall. I was wondering if I bought Smash digitally could I later transfer the data to a physical copy when I got it.

D

Deleted member

Hey yall. I was wondering if I bought Smash digitally could I later transfer the data to a physical copy when I got it.
I don't think that's how it works...
T-minus 11 hours and 13 minutes until ultimate

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Well if the remake is real please don't ruin GAME OVER Grunty with new-age sensibilities.
I love how even though “sexy” Grunty isn’t meant to be tacit approval of that look being preferable or “right”, there could still be controversy over it. It’s an exaggerated caricature, and Grunty is feckless and tacky. That she’d choose to look that way should speak to the quality of her character rather than imply anything about body image. Just IMO.

D

Deleted member

About the Rare data found in the game files, someone on Resetera posted about it earlier, and someone else came up with another theory:

“To add some more info from what people were saying in the datamine thread - the franchises appear in the code but there's no actual content attached to them. What likely happened is the devs in Japan added Spirits from the games because there's some weird scenario where Nintendo owns some rights to the franchises in Japan, but everywhere else they're owned by Microsoft. When they realised Nintendo didn't actually own the franchises, the spirits got scrapped.”

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sm...in-the-code-for-the-game.83155/#post-15362708

D

Deleted member

how the **** is kirby supposed to ditch copy abilities now! I hope there's SOMETHING at least for the pink boi

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Depends on what new chars are announced.

This is sad really but at least you can still taunt in lobbies and with friends.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I love how even though “sexy” Grunty isn’t meant to be tacit approval of that look being preferable or “right”, there could still be controversy over it. It’s an exaggerated caricature, and Grunty is feckless and tacky. That she’d choose to look that way should speak to the quality of her character rather than imply anything about body image. Just IMO.
Yeah but screw art, people's emotionally charged opinions about a fiction character are what matter today.

Also bewbs is be the devil

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This has been confirmed to only be in quickplay. In lobbies though, you're free to taunt as much as you'd like.

Not the worst thing in the world.
Quickplay as in the gamemode that will be the most used online and where you would want to taunt the most.

It's pretty damn disappointing.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Quickplay as in the gamemode that will be the most used online and where you would want to taunt the most.

It's pretty damn disappointing.
wait what's this taunt thing? CAN YOU NOT TAUNT AT ALL? Or is it limited to after a kill or like 2 in smash 4

D

Deleted member

real talk do people ACTUALLY get tilted by taunts? How am I gonna ask people to show me their moves? Or tell them that I'm really feeling it? :p

D

Deleted member

real talk to people ACTUALLY get tilted by taunts? How am I gonna ask people to show me their moves? Or tell them that I'm really feeling it? :p
Oh god that's the worst part of this.
How are we gonna start off our Falcon dittos now if not a mutual request for a display of moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom