• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yesterday went by so slow, and today is gonna feel even slower. Friday needs to stop being a Slowpoke and hurry up and arrive :(

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Huh, some competitive Smashers are also part of the Dev Team at Ultimate!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
aMSa :yoshimelee: - Melee Yoshi player who currently ranked 8th at Melee PGR Top 100
9B :4bayonetta:- Smash 4 Bayonetta player who recently ranked 44th at PGR 100
Earth :4pit::4corrinf:- Smash 4 Pit/Corrin player who recently ranked 42nd at PGR 100
Ranai :4villager:- Smash 4 Villager main who formerly ranked around the top 20s at PGR v3

These guys are testers, testing the gameplay at Ultimate during the time prior to Release!

As a competitive lover, this makes me smile :)
Maybe Earth managed to sneak in some quick buffs for :ultpit:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Maybe Earth managed to sneak in some quick buffs for :ultpit:
Speaking of Pit, I've always wondered what that weapon that he has in his hand when he does his side special is, that blue thing that looks like a metal...thing. A fist, maybe?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pit, I've always wondered what that weapon that he has in his hand when he does his side special is, that blue thing that looks like a metal...thing. A fist, maybe?
It's an Arm, a type of weapon from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

D

Deleted member

Tonight's the night.

It's gonna be a good time. :ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkrool:

Oh, and seeing as how I'm sure others are placing their predictions for the Game Awards, I'll go ahead and post mine real quick:

No Smash DLC, no Metroid. Bayo 3 footage and maybe something else.

D

Deleted member

If an Inspector Gadget reveal were at all accurate, then it would end with "Penny & Brain Cover his Screw-Ups!"

D

Deleted member

You know what, I'ma make a bet too. If a character will be revealed tonight I will give my bird a treat and pet her dumb little head

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Huh, some competitive Smashers are also part of the Dev Team at Ultimate!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
aMSa :yoshimelee: - Melee Yoshi player who currently ranked 8th at Melee PGR Top 100
9B :4bayonetta:- Smash 4 Bayonetta player who recently ranked 44th at PGR 100
Earth :4pit::4corrinf:- Smash 4 Pit/Corrin player who recently ranked 42nd at PGR 100
Ranai :4villager:- Smash 4 Villager main who formerly ranked around the top 20s at PGR v3

These guys are testers, testing the gameplay at Ultimate during the time prior to Release!

As a competitive lover, this makes me smile :)
Really, no Shuton? With the massive buffs Olimar got I thought for sure he'd be part of any Japanese comp testing going on. Oh well, It's great to see Nintendo take feedback from the pros. Especially aMSa and Ranai, who emphasize movement a lot, which is exactly the direction I want to see the game take.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You know what, I'ma make a bet too. If a character will be revealed tonight I will give my bird a treat and pet her dumb little head
If a character gets revealed tonight I'll flush my copy of Smash Wii U down the toilet. Oh wait, I don't own Smash Wii U... In that case, if a character gets revealed tonight, I won't pick up my copy of Ultimate at midnight and instead will wait until tomorrow evening.

D

Deleted member

If a character gets revealed tonight I'll flush my copy of Smash Wii U down the toilet. Oh wait, I don't own Smash Wii U... In that case, if a character gets revealed tonight, I won't pick up my copy of Ultimate at midnight and instead will wait until tomorrow evening.
don't potentially put yourself through that torture fam, it ain't worth it

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Taking a second out of my little break to make a character prediction if there's a reveal tonight:
Steve.

Going back to break, see y'all whenever

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
don't potentially put yourself through that torture fam, it ain't worth it
I'm waiting until tomorrow evening either way though, because I'm waiting until I meet up with my friends tomorrow night so we can all experience it together. So I'm gonna have to endure the torture no matter what

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Since we're on character predictions now, I just want to reiterate that my money is still on the other 2 of the three characters I picked for newcomers in Ultimate (Since Daisy was already announced) which are of course Fawful and Jeanne.

Come on Nintendo, you know it'll be great.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Your reaction if we got a Smash trailer that started with Inspector Gadget holding an iPad?
It starts with Gadget saying "I love building brown bricks with Minecrap!"

The camera switches focus to show what's on the iPad. It seems like it's going to be a Steve reveal, but then we see Mike Matei running from a Creeper and get the splash screen "MIKE MATEI JOINS THE BATTLE!".

After the trailer, Sakurai says

And leaves. Perfect way to start the DLC hype imo.

D

Deleted member

My bet is that there will be no character reveal tonight and if there is I'll use their render as an avatar until I get the game

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Lloyd has the benefit of his series still being alive (afaik) while Xenosaga is dead in the ground (especially with Takahashi moving to Nintendo)
Eh? Takahashi said he would be willing to revive Xenosaga/make more sequels if somebody funded it. Never say never and if Xenosaga were dead they wouldn't acknowledge KOS-MOS as a thing still. With all the money he got from XB2, I wouldn't rule out Saga stuff in the future.

https://twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/878447601208573953/photo/1

Pakky

Smash Hero
So, since I'm poop posting

What if Kim Kardashian joined the battle and had a 0-to death grab combo using her rear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom