• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if everyone here has seen this already, but Heihachi is a part of Pacman's moveset. Does this mean Lloyd not Heihachi is the Bandai Namco rep? Or will they pull a Chrom and have him in the game as a playable fighter and also in another characters moveset?

View attachment 181833
It's just a sprite, I heavily doubt it'll effect anything.

D

Deleted member

> Be me
> Bought Smash Ultimate digitally to be 100% certain of getting the game
> See people in Australia and Japan being able to play the game in their respective timezones
> Goes into Switch settings and switch regions and language to Japan
> Japan route didn't work
> Tested Australia route
> "You cannot play this software."

...well you must be playing.png

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Get ready for SUPERMAN 64 2 to be announced tonight. And get ready for the return of Wave Race.

And I was just watching a Punch Out Wii Let's Play yesterday...Could this mean something??!! ;)
Superman 64 2 will be GOTY next year

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
And Jin Kazama
I actually have had a theory that Bandai Namco might choose Jin over Heihachi. We know Heihachi dies in Tekken 7, and we know in Tekken 8 Jin will be the main focus. We have seen Bandai Namco push Jin as the face of Tekken before in Tekken 3. So what if they use Jin in Smash Bros Ultimate to really solidify the fact he is now the main face of Tekken not Heihachi. Aslo Heihachi has been consistently chosen before in other cross promotions, but now that Bandai Namco is pushing Jin. They might say its time for Jin to be the one pushed. Im not saying it will happen, but it is a very big possibility. In my opinion its now Jin vs Lloyd in competition for the Bandai Nacmo spot. It could still be Lloyd, but I wouldn't dismiss that Jin might be in the running now.

Also how great would this be? Just my opinion, but Ryu vs Jin in Smash would be epic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don Flamenco always was one of my favorite Punch-Out!! boxers. :p

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Have I missed anything since last night? Saw GameXplain’s review. Bout what I expected. Shame they said WOL was a bit of a slog, but they had to get the review out in time so that might be a result of that.
I guarantee that's why. WoL seems like a mode meant to be played in bursts on the train or before bed. It's the same design philosophy as Mario Odyssey's moons - reward short bursts of play with tangible rewards. I'm looking forward to it.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I actually have had a theory that Bandai Namco might choose Jin over Heihachi. We know Heihachi dies in Tekken 7, and we know in Tekken 8 Jin will be the main focus. We have seen Bandai Namco push Jin as the face of Tekken before in Tekken 3. So what if they use Jin in Smash Bros Ultimate to really solidify the fact he is now the main face of Tekken not Heihachi. Aslo Heihachi has been consistently chosen before in other cross promotions, but now that Bandai Namco is pushing Jin. They might say its time for Jin to be the one pushed. Im not saying it will happen, but it is a very big possibility. In my opinion its now Jin vs Lloyd in competition for the Bandai Nacmo spot. It could still be Lloyd, but I wouldn't dismiss that Jin might be in the running now.

Also how great would this be? Just my opinion, but Ryu vs Jin in Smash would be epic.

I think I recognize Jin, but I'm not familiar with him or his name as I've never played a Tekken game before. At least I don't think I have. What was that fighting game on the Sega Saturn that had that guy that got drunk before battle and would drink more after he won?

D

Deleted member

Jin would be cool, but what if it’s Kazuya?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Huh, some competitive Smashers are also part of the Dev Team at Ultimate!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
aMSa :yoshimelee: - Melee Yoshi player who currently ranked 8th at Melee PGR Top 100
9B :4bayonetta:- Smash 4 Bayonetta player who recently ranked 44th at PGR 100
Earth :4pit::4corrinf:- Smash 4 Pit/Corrin player who recently ranked 42nd at PGR 100
Ranai :4villager:- Smash 4 Villager main who formerly ranked around the top 20s at PGR v3

These guys are testers, testing the gameplay at Ultimate during the time prior to Release!

As a competitive lover, this makes me smile :)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I guarantee that's why. WoL seems like a mode meant to be played in bursts on the train or before bed. It's the same design philosophy as Mario Odyssey's moons - reward short bursts of play with tangible rewards. I'm looking forward to it.
Minus the hour of my life wasted trying to figure out where the flying taxi was. That's one advantage Ultimate has over Odyssey.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

lol imagine thinking heihachi is actually dead

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Not sure if everyone here has seen this already, but Heihachi is a part of Pacman's moveset. Does this mean Lloyd not Heihachi is the Bandai Namco rep? Or will they pull a Chrom and have him in the game as a playable fighter and also in another characters moveset?

View attachment 181833
I watched it, there's also the Prince from Katamari Damacy and Don Chan from Taiko no Tatsujin. Remember that Lloyd ****ing Irving was a Mii costume in smash 4... :oneeye:

LLOYD IS OUR BOY

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Combine that with Jin's moveset being in Soulcalibur and the fact that he may have a little more moveset potential with the devil transformation...you may have a point.

Of course my Tekken main is Alisa because I love robots so I'd want her. But really, Jin would be sick.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
With the rumor that we won't get dlc at the VGA, I'm not sure what to talk about now... Oh look, a cute Lillie and Nebby
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
So... I had a dream last night about Sora getting revealed at VGA... Maybe it will come to be?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I think I recognize Jin, but I'm not familiar with him or his name as I've never played a Tekken game before. At least I don't think I have. What was that fighting game on the Sega Saturn that had that guy that got drunk before battle and would drink more after he won?
The only person I can think of is Bo Rai Cho from mortal kombat, but I don't think thats who you are referring to.

Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin are the big three of Tekken. Originally Kazuya was the main character, but they switched it to Jin in Tekken 3. Then they all sort of meshed together, Heihachi is the face of Tekken though, or at least he was. It remains to be seen who will be the main face in the next Tekken games.

Jin would be cool, but what if it’s Kazuya?
Kazuya, could be considered, but I doubt it. Considering its obvious they are going to push Jin, based on Tekken 7's ending. Also im not sure if Kazuya is more popular than Jin. Kazuya hasn't really been the face of Tekken since Tekken 1 & 2. And like I said I don't think they will make him the face of Tekken in Tekken 8, based on Tekken 7's ending.

It's just a sprite, I heavily doubt it'll effect anything.
That is true, thats why I said it could be like another Chrom instance. Where the character is part of moveset, but also a playable fighter.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The only person I can think of is Bo Rai Cho from mortal kombat, but I don't think thats who you are referring to.

Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin are the big three of Tekken. Originally Kazuya was the main character, but they switched it to Jin in Tekken 3. Then they all sort of meshed together, Heihachi is the face of Tekken though, or at least he was. It remains to be seen who will be the main face in the next Tekken games.
Honestly I'm probably thinking of Virtua Fighter since it was on the Sega Saturn. I think that was the only Sega Saturn fighting game I've played. Well, that and Sonic the Fighters

D

Deleted member

Your reaction if we got a Smash trailer that started with Inspector Gadget holding an iPad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
tfw you want to quote LOTR but you're half asleep and end up referencing TES instead.
I don't know too much about LOTR, but I was referencing Skyrim :p

Edit: I didn't realize at first that TES stood for The Elder Scrolls

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I heard tales of word from Reggie that there'll be some special talk at VGA's tonight? Have there been stirrings in the Leaker World? Beyond the word of possible Square Enix reps that is? (Unless the Square rep has been narrowed down further from the purported 7 possibilities?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom