• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
To be fair, Simon is the OG Belmont, and the one with biggest ties to Nintendo...
So it isn't about popularity, right?

Ryu is also far from the most popular SF character yet he was chosen also. In the end I think the 3rd party should be chosen that represents their franchise the best.

Eh, but what do I know. Never played a Tales game and never played a Dragon Quest game but yet I'm always arguing for certain character's inclusion...

D

Deleted member

Ryu is also far from the most popular SF character yet he was chosen also. In the end I think the 3rd party should be chosen that represents their franchise the best.

Eh, but what do I know. Never played a Tales game and never played a Dragon Quest game but yet I'm always arguing for certain character's inclusion...
Ryu is the most popular.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Y-y'all are just casuals like me, right?
View attachment 181683
Yeah, at least I am lol.

@GothFluttershy -Okay, that pic makes me feel a little sick but a deal is a deal. Sorry about the name lol. But I'm still not worried. Plus, everyone who's doubting me should put "Slick Wylde is a sexy beast" in their signature for a week when I'm right. (Also, I will change my signature and picture for 1 month, not forever lol)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So uh, are you guys aware that you can buy Ultimate off the Australian e-shop right now and play it? Cause that's exactly what ZeRo did.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The best case scenario for me is a character who isn't a SE rep (preferably first-party) getting announced at the VGAs, then everyone goes into complete disarray because a lot of leakers and reliable sources start making comments that makes it seem like they're backpedaling.

I dunno. I just want this whole DLC thing to be a suprise rather than going down a list of characters leaked by Verge and other insiders.

Droodle

Smash Lord

You do have a point. In a worldwide sense, Lloyd is a more recognizable as a Tales of character even though he isn't the most popular character.

What makes things more confusing is that ToV definitive is releasing in January. Also that Yuri was put into Granblue Fantasy as a crossover rep over Lloyd. In the end, I can see them going either way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, at least I am lol.

@GothFluttershy -Okay, that pic makes me feel a little sick but a deal is a deal. Sorry about the name lol. But I'm still not worried. Plus, everyone who's doubting me should put "Slick Wylde is a sexy beast" in their signature for a week when I'm right. (Also, I will change my signature and picture for 1 month, not forever lol)
If Crash gets revealed, you need to buy the Marvel 2 in 1 comics.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Maybe...
Despite my arguments making it sound otherwise, I do think they'll still choose Lloyd, if that DLC Mii outfit in Smash 4 is anything to go by...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have I missed anything since last night? Saw GameXplain’s review. Bout what I expected. Shame they said WOL was a bit of a slog, but they had to get the review out in time so that might be a result of that.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Damn, it really is 1 day until the game comes out....

God, this feels weird... it's like the end of an era today

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I imagine they didn't intend it to be played in one go.
Well thanks for that Osby, I couldn't have figured from the 40 hour length :mad088:

jokes aside, a long time doing the same thing is a long time doing the same thing even when it's split up

D

Deleted member

Well the game’s out lol.
Side note: kinda wish Heihachi was a spirit instead of just being a taunt. Although it is a neat sprite.

Last edited by a moderator:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Not sure if everyone here has seen this already, but Heihachi is a part of Pacman's moveset. Does this mean Lloyd not Heihachi is the Bandai Namco rep? Or will they pull a Chrom and have him in the game as a playable fighter and also in another characters moveset?

B14C9301-19AA-4D4E-BFB1-F6B13331DABB.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine if Sakurai added Don Flamenco as DLC simply because it was his first Spirit.

Also, really wondering what's up with the 3rd Party Mii Costumes. It can't be a license thing as a bunch of those characters are still in the game in some form and Monster Hunter even has new content, so what gives?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Imagine if Sakurai added Don Flamenco as DLC simply because it was his first Spirit.

Also, really wondering what's up with the 3rd Party Mii Costumes. It can't be a license thing as a bunch of those characters are still in the game in some form and Monster Hunter even has new content, so what gives?
They're going to resell them?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is what we'll say right before we get creamed online tomorrow by that one Dedede player who keeps spamming Gordo Throw. Then we'll throw down our controller and take a few breaths to remind ourselves that it's just a game.
True
Welp, gonna sleep in the hopes that I wake to see Ultimate's release. See you guys on the other side.

Hype Time
What Heihachi has to do with Lloyd?
Gives Lloyd supporters hope that the character joins I guess

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Most likely they'll be resold to offset the licensing costs. Unfortunate as I really want the Knuckles, Proto Man, Zero, and X costumes back but I can understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom