• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To get Doomguy in Ultimate you must kill him, John Romero.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Guessing the review embargo is up as I'm starting to see Ultimate reviews on youtube.

Mostly seems very positive, but I'm getting a lot of "World of Light is WAY too long and WAY too repetitive."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guessing the review embargo is up as I'm starting to see Ultimate reviews on youtube.

All seems pretty good, but I'm getting a lot of "World of Light is WAY too long and WAY too repetitive."
I can't wait to laught at the Eurogamer review where they compare the game to Dark Souls.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Doom has more than one creator.

Really? A shame. Stage hazards and cameos inside final smashes and victory screens are still available. Since Tales of is a team game, I really hope that at least a few members of the team are there.
Colette and Genis could be in his final smash

D

Deleted member

Probably. After cutting colors for Ridley, I can't see them adding costumes to just a few characters.
Yeah but honestly I really really want Hooded/Gerudo Link please daddy Sakurai

Or Monado II for Shulk

Or Detective Pikachu

All of those would be cool

D

Deleted member

Yeah but honestly I really really want Hooded/Gerudo Link please daddy Sakurai

Or Monado II for Shulk

Or Detective Pikachu

All of those would be cool
I would like the Varia suit from Samus Returns, the Fusion suit, the Varia suit from Prime, Dark Samus from Prime 2, Fire Mario, Chronicles Simon Belmont, Justin Bailey and Detective Pikachu alts too.

Naked Snake too.

D

Deleted member

I would like the Varia suit from Samus Returns, the Fusion suit, the Varia suit from Prime, Dark Samus from Prime 2, Fire Mario, Chronicles Simon Belmont, Justin Bailey and Detective Pikachu alts too.

Naked Snake too.
Bro who wouldn't wanna see Snake naked

i know you're talking about another character im joking

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
D

Deleted member

Ahh, guess I was wrong. She’d be a good addition I’d say, I’d much rather her over Elma but tales of being as big as it is. I still think Lloyd has a higher chance over them. (I’m also bias)
Lloyd has the benefit of his series still being alive (afaik) while Xenosaga is dead in the ground (especially with Takahashi moving to Nintendo)

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Lloyd has the benefit of his series still being alive (afaik) while Xenosaga is dead in the ground (especially with Takahashi moving to Nintendo)
KOS-MOS herself is still making appearances as recent as literally last year, plus being dormant hasn't stopped series like Mega Man or Punch-Out getting into Smash.

Droodle

Smash Lord
At this point I am inclined to agree that Tales of will most likely get a rep. I'd be down for Lloyd but I really want Yuri.

KOSMOS is a popular character but unless a Xenosaga remaster comes out, I can't see her getting in over a relevant series. With that said I do think chances are decent for a KOS-MOS spirit/costume along with whatever Namco rep we get.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Mostly seems very positive, but I'm getting a lot of "World of Light is WAY too long and WAY too repetitive."
Sounds about right lmao
I'm super hype for it but It is kind of the same gimmick for a long time.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'd rather have Lloyd than Yuri

And I do think Sakurai will go for Lloyd since he's the most recognizable Tales of character
Maybe in NA, but in Japan Yuri is easily way more popular and recognizable. Again, I'm fine with either character getting into smash. I don't think what Sakurai wants matters for DLC since it is chosen by Nintendo, also it is up to Namco to decide which rep gets in, if any at all.

D

Deleted member

Im starting to be like my sister. Im seeing smash as being the same thing over and over and over and its getting kinda boring
I blame the competitive scene and the modders who make Battlefield clones.

It's a Tekken reference, why would it be a plus for a Tales of character? Plus, Bandai-Namco has more series than those two.
Like Digimon.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Maybe in NA, but in Japan Yuri is easily way more popular and recognizable. Again, I'm fine with either character getting into smash. I don't think what Sakurai wants matters for DLC since it is chosen by Nintendo, also it is up to Namco to decide which rep gets in, if any at all.
Well yeah

But looking at the Castlevania situation (with Richter being classified as the echo instead of Simon) makes me think Lloyd will be a priority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom