• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
i can't wait for us to get really excited and then for nothing to happen
We can at least ride out the potential **** show until the game releases on the eShop. Smash unlocks either during the awards or just after, not sure when they end

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"You can now listen to 'How to Play.' This original track from Melee has a fresh update. Enjoy this arrangement by Motoi Sakuraba as you wait for the game launch in just two days!"

"as you wait for the game launch in just two days!"

Let me translate:

"stop leaking our game you [censored to protect Nintendo's image]"

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I was going to quote people on FE Warriors, but I feel it's unnecessary now. Roster was absolutely flawed and I can identify a number of gameplay and map changes I want made, but I've had a lot of fun with that game and very much hope we get a proper, expanded sequel down the road (Camus, Katarina, Sigurd, Deirdre, Myrrh, Innes, Tana, Clair and Clive please).

Xeno Warriors would be great, plus Monolith Soft doesn't seem to be aggressive about which characters to use like Intelligent Systems and the series doesn't have the massive baggage that FE does so things would be a lot tamer. Could probably get some Saga characters in too since Namco likes playing ball so much.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
We can at least ride out the potential **** show until the game releases on the eShop. Smash unlocks either during the awards or just after, not sure when they end
if the thing about crash team racing is real i could end up happy either way

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
At least Erdrick will be cool. I have a theory about Smash Ultimate as a celebration of gaming in regards to DLC and each character will represent a different genre of gaming.
  • Erdrick represents classic JRPGs, and I imagine him actually having an MP meter that he uses for his specials. Think of it like a cross between Robin's specials and Cloud's Limit Burst. I'll admit I'm unversed in Dragon Quest, and will likely have a better idea for it once I play Dragon Quest 3 for SNES (which is now on my backlog)
  • Lloyd Irving represents action RPGs and completes the big three JRPG series. He'd have a fast combo based moveset revolving around chaining attacks (lvl 1-> lvl 2 -> lvl 3 -> lvl 4) into combos. Think Bayonetta, but more technical and easier to disrupt.
  • Steve represents the sandbox genre, and is essentially a trapper-type character who adds hazards to the environment. Think Villager or Snake's C4, but for a good amount of his moveset.
  • Doom Slayer represents the FPS genre, and pretty much all of his attacks involve different (non-real) guns from throughout the series, with each having different projectiles. Think Mii Gunner, but actually good.
  • I'm less confident in my last pick, but potential inclusions are:
    • Phoenix Wright, who is a fighter who doesn't fight (like in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3) and represents the visual novel/mystery genre
    • Rayman, who (obviously) represents modern and classical platformers
    • Arle Nadja, who represents the puzzle genre...somehow (Puyo Puyo fans are free to elaborate here)
    • Yu Narukami/Joker, who represent modern JRPGs with a more action-based approach to combat compared to Erdrick
I'm very confident in Erdrick, Lloyd, Steve, and Doom Slayer, not so much on the fifth pick.
Diablo represents dungeon crawlers.
Kerrigan represents RTS.
Saber represents light novels
Ezio represents stealth
2B represents waifus into the future

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
Same here. My delivery date is still the placeholder date (Dec. 31) and I'm starting to worry.
That’s strange. I chose standard and it says estimated arrival is 13th-14th. (Or maybe I’m misunderstanding you.)

That is, until:
I preordered from amazon. got a discount and day 1 shipping.
Thanks for the reminder. I had a gift card lying around. Changed shipping preference. Says it will arrive Friday but idk about that.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Honestly Marth and Roy have multiple ideas that work. Give :ultmarth: Leif and Erika, and :ultroy: Alm.

also give :ultryu: sawk
I would put Leif onto Roy given the option since Leif is canonically reckless like Roy's gameplay in Smash and Roy's fire effects could be changed to light effects to reflect Leif's Light Brand.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, we know for sure that Meta Crystal is in the game? I would have it play on Battlefield or FD if I can.

D

Deleted member

Eirika as a Marth Echo
Alm as a Roy Echo
Eliwood as an Ike Echo
Horseless Reinhardt as a Robin Echo
SAKURAI IS A COWARD FOR NOT DOING THESE

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hygiene ain't a meme btw, it's a real deal thing.

Once, i went to a local in an eb games, which was rather tiny and enclosed. Looots of sweaty, sadly stereotypical smashers...and a mom with her kid, who wanted to play the new smash 4. Mother looked queasy the whole time, steps out, and just ralphs on the sidewalk, gagging from the smell of everyone in one room like that.

Then the TO sent a long detailed message about hygiene maintenance.

Pyr

Smash Lord
I must of been lucky with my Smash locals and majors. Nothing, NOTHING has topped the MtG M16 pre-release I went to. I literally haven't played a game of Magic since.

peachy!

super princess
That’s strange. I chose standard and it says estimated arrival is 13th-14th. (Or maybe I’m misunderstanding you.)

That is, until:

Thanks for the reminder. I had a gift card lying around. Changed shipping preference. Says it will arrive Friday but idk about that.
I have Amazon Prime and got the game as soon as the pre-order went live, I chose the delivery on release date option as well. I checked my order today and my delivery date says Dec. 31 (which was the placeholder release date back when I pre-ordered the game). I contacted customer support and they assured me the date was wrong and it would be delivered this Friday.

The game is sold out on the German Amazon site, so that worries me a little.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Eirika as a Marth Echo
Alm as a Roy Echo
Eliwood as an Ike Echo
Horseless Reinhardt as a Robin Echo
SAKURAI IS A COWARD FOR NOT DOING THESE
Heck, Reinhardt as Robin works too well.

>Sword and magic user
>Most notable for thunder magic

Having le epic tiny hands horse-man without his horse is a crime though.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
For Games Award Nintendo will show off free Smash DLC characters... for Assist Trophies. Featuring:

Geno
Elma
Porky
Rex
Erdrick
Sephiroth
Slime
Crash
Banjo
Sora
Crono
Bandana Dee
Dixie
Lloyd
Dante
Poochy

and more!

EDIT: Added Poochy

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I would put Leif onto Roy given the option since Leif is canonically reckless like Roy's gameplay in Smash and Roy's fire effects could be changed to light effects to reflect Leif's Light Brand.
If they put Alm on Roy, they better mirror the animations so Alm is holding his sword in the left hand.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Huh, so apparently the unique melody in the Final Destination theme is just the Main Theme's notes but reversed.

(apologies if you all knew this already; I just found this video)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
For Games Award Nintendo will show off free Smash DLC characters... for Assist Trophies. Featuring:

Geno
Elma
Porky
Rex
Erdrick
Sephiroth
Slime
Crash
Banjo
Sora
Crono
Bandana Dee
Dixie
Lloyd
Dante

and more!
You could've put Poochy in that list and I would've been happy. Some AT representation for my boi would be appreciated...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Day two, featuring Snake from Metal Gear Solid! (Yes, you read that right, he's our original third party veteran in Brawl along Sonic)
That Pit one made me smile so much. Not as big as Pit's smile there though, because he's just that good at it. :ultpit:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Like I said, I am going to one. It happens at 9:00 PM Mountain time where I am at.

Wait, there is body odor in the midnight releases in your area?
I went to the midnight release of Sm4sh 3DS four years ago, and all I'll say is that there's a reason the joke about Smash Bros. players not showering has picked up traction.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If Sylux gets in and I don't see anyone ******** about Metroid overreparesentation, I'm gonna personally go to the houses of each person in this who complained about FE overrepresentation.
"Oh but it'd be 5 characters, not 6!"
Big ****ing difference. Not to mention people were already whining when Robin and Lucina were announced.
Also, fyi, Roy was a vet, not a newcomer. Melee fans were asking for him even before DLC, you guys brought this onto yourselves.
I'd rather complain about other series not getting repped before I go for the FE discussion again

Roberk

Smash Champion
If they put Alm on Roy, they better mirror the animations so Alm is holding his sword in the left hand.
If Chrom's animations could get rid of the reverse grip with Chrom being a super low-effort Echo, I think it'd be fine. Now that I think about it though, Alm could actually take a bit of Link's moveset since he's left-handed, can use a bow, and carries a shield in his promotion class.

D

Deleted member

Alm gets his animations mirrored and Neutral B is replaced with Link's Bow. Final Smash is scendscale Shield Drop, where Alm just throws his shield off, jumps and then strikes the enemy, it's a OHKO move.
Eirika keeps the tipper mechanic but Down B is replaced with Wii Fit Trainer's Deep Breath. Final Smash is Sacred Stone and it works just like Zelda's.
Reinhardt is pretty much the same as Robin, wielding a Bronze and Levin Sword but with some differences. All of his Thunder spells are recolored blue and Thoron is renamed Dire Thunder. His attacks with the Levin Sword are multi-hits, dealing more damage than Robin's single strikes but less knockback. Down B is replaced with Pikachu's Thunder, being called Bolting. His Final Smash is Magic is Everything, where he summons a number of thunder strikes across the stage much like Pit's pillars of light in his Three Sacred Treasures FS.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
The secret behind the Smash Bros. stench is that instead of the players stinking the game itself stinks. Literally.
All physical and digital copies of every Smash game give off an imperceptible odor.
This odor only becomes noticeable when it seeps into clothing/hair/skin.
Therefore every Smash player stinks without knowing it. Even you.

D

Deleted member

Ah **** I forgot about Eliwood. He gets, uhm *checks smudged writing on hand" teh red hot phyre
Sounds good to me.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I actually really liked Fire Emblem Warriors. I do admit, though I don't have that much of a issue with Fates as a whole, there may have been too much Fates stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom