• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I just thought of something. If this has already been discussed, then I'm sorry. Mostly relying on what I remember happened back then lol

Back in September/October, from my memory, some source (forgot the name, someone help me, pls) said there was a leak that was circulating on the internet that SE didnt like. We talked about it for a bit on here. At the time, we all thought it was a picture of Geno. After the game came out, most people came to the conclusion that the pic was fake (And let's face it, it probably is).

If the SE character actually is a Dragon Quest character, I'm curious what the leak was that Square didn't like, because I don't remember hearing about any big leak (image or text) with a DQ character in it on here...

Am I the only one that remembers that leak floating around? Or maybe I'm just going crazy. Considering how long I've been here, probably the latter haha.
LeakyPandy alluded to a DQ character being revealed at the VGAs. They published that info at the End of September. Tansut's claims (Which you're talking about) were made in the middle of October, iirc. Timeline wise, it fits.

Shroob

Sup?
Netherrealms always disappoints me with their rosters.

Freddy in one game but Jason in the other? Scorpion in one Injustice and SubZero in another?

Like, how can you split these two pairs up? It's unthinkable.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
With this talk of bosses, is there an explanation for why Masked Lumen is in the menu UI for WoL? Last I checked, he seems absent from the game.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Before the datamined. I guess Medusa was a boss for Isabelle since when you add up all the female playable characters, it's only 22. But I dismissed that with the first datamining. If this is true, then Medusa is likely the boss for Isabelle and Pit.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
You know what Smash needs badly? A Scythe user. Obscure side of Smashboards, show me your cool scythe users who could be in Smash so I can support them too.
Ruby (RWBY): cheerfully murders you to death, fires a gun to air dodge, and doesn't remotely have to worry about how realistic her weapon is.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
LeakyPandy alluded to a DQ character being revealed at the VGAs. They published that info at the End of September. Tansut's claims (Which you're talking about) were made in the middle of October, iirc. Timeline wise, it fits.
Thanks a lot. I tried remembering that insider's name (Tansut), but I forgot lol. I will admit, a part of me does find this really funny. If a DQ character is revealed at the VGAs (a big if), then I guess LeakyPandy was right all along. Of all the sources who could be right, the last one I would think is them lol

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ruby (RWBY): cheerfully murders you to death, fires a gun to air dodge, and doesn't remotely have to worry about how realistic her weapon is.
Honestly, I'd love Ruby in Smash just for Crescent Rose.

I don't watch RWBY anymore, but the weapons in RWBY are honestly some of the coolest things ever, especially Crescent Rose.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
IIRC, didn't someone make a spreadsheet on which characters you need to use to unlock other characters?
Yes they did

Although Yoshi is missing Chrom and Lucario for his route, Red is missing King Dedede and Sheik with Sheik ALSO being unlocked via Dedede, Samus also being unlocked via Captain Falcon, and Peach possibly unlocking Wolf

Hope this helps!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hot take:

Gameplay and story-wise Sun and Moon is probably the weakest entry we've gotten in the mainline Pokemon series.

However, it did give us kick ass Pokemon designs like Lycanroc, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Buzzwole, and a whole lot more.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you're talking about coolest scythe users, literally none of them beat the final boss of bloodborne.

Not.
Even.
Close.

Seriously yall.
Play Bloodborne.

D

Deleted member

If you're talking about coolest scythe users, literally none of them beat the final boss of bloodborne.

Not.
Even.
Close.

Seriously yall.
Play Bloodborne.
Oh boy I get to use this image again.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Hot take:

Gameplay and story-wise Sun and Moon is probably the weakest entry we've gotten in the mainline Pokemon series.

However, it did give us kick *** Pokemon designs like Lycanroc, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Buzzwole, and a whole lot more.
I'm not sure that's a very unpopular opinion, Sun and Moon and USUM were probably the worst, yeah, unless you're counting LGPE as mainline.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hot take:

However, it did give us kick *** Pokemon designs like Lycanroc, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Buzzwole, and a whole lot more.
I will fight you on the story opinion.

I actually think its the best.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Ok, so with this I think DLC characters like Sylux have gone out the window.

This is evidence that Spirits can and will be added for promotion tie-ins with games. One of Sylux's big things going for him was the potential tie-in to MP4, but now I just think they left him out to add him as a promotional Spirit for MP4 later.

It's not just Sylux, this affects all of the other "potentially promotional" characters as well like Poochy for Yoshi and Porky for the speculated Mother 30th anniversary game (totally baseless other than next year being the anniversary btw).

Inb4 "we'll I guess Pikachu is deconfirmed", Pikachu is a veteran, they're already in the game. The theory is that Spirits disconfirm newcomers, which is still standing.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It'd be even bester if Hau was either removed or had any sort of reason to exist.
Eh? Hau is legitimately one of the best written rivals period.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Well, this makes promotional Ninty picks less likely but I wouldn’t count on it too much, Edelgard and Gen 8 are probably happening anyway.

They still gotta make more money somehow.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Well, this makes promotional Ninty picks less likely but I wouldn’t count on it too much, Edelgard and Gen 8 are probably happening anyway.

They still gotta make more money somehow.
There's still going to be promotional picks, but it's largely left in the air as to what they'll be.
After all, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was seemingly deemed too early for DLC. So I honestly doubt we'll see any FE Three Houses rep, especially since XC2 missed the cut off.

I could definitely see us getting another Pokémon, but outside of that, I honestly have no idea.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I've been thinking of how the DLC is not only to sell itself, it is to sell the accompaning amiibo. Does anyone NOT plan to buy an amiibo of a character that they are looking for in the game? (I thought about asking the opposite question, but I'd buy all my wants in a heartbeat.)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'know who hasn't been deconfirmed by Spirit Theory?
3rd parties.
Y'know what's a really popular and historical game series?
SMT Logo National weird.png

Eh?
Eeeeeeeh?

Throw me a bone here guys.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
There's still going to be promotional picks, but it's largely left in the air as to what they'll be.
After all, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was seemingly deemed too early for DLC. So I honestly doubt we'll see any FE Three Houses rep, especially since XC2 missed the cut off.

I could definitely see us getting another Pokémon, but outside of that, I honestly have no idea.
Rex (or any XC2 character) not making it in was likely a base roster problem before they started on DLC and since they’re still developing :ultpiranha:, this means they’ll take notice of their upcoming titles and the characters they feature.

After all, :roymelee: & :4corrin: who are funny enough, FE characters.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Spirit Theory really is trying to make it so no one gets in huh?

''These are the only people who aren't a Spirit! It's probably them getting added."
''Well these people can't get in now since they're adding Spirits!"

Sakurai looks into the camera like he's on The Office.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If Smash did a BBTAG Pack with her, Hyde, Ragna, and Narukami, that would be awesome, but alas...Ruby is not a video game character. It's a shame really.

Not gonna lie, I'd feel slighted if every brand new game and beyond makes it into Smash Ultimate all throughout each potential DLC Wave while Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and ARMS are thrown under the bus despite their relative successes. It's understandable that there will be neither in our Fighter's Pass, but I hope Nintendo can strong-arm Sakurai into including Rex and Spring Man in a future pack eventually, with Spring-Tron as an Assist Trophy substitute for the latter.

Sakurai: "We couldn't include Rex or Spring Man because they're too new."

Also Sakurai: "Lol enjoy Byleth and your new Gen 8 shill rep."

Seriously, we don't need that kind of situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom