• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
No rules. No realism. Just pure dreams.

Top 11 characters I want in Smash Bros (I like to go one step beyond)
  1. Geno (Obvs)
  2. Banjo and Kazooie (Obvs)
  3. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  4. Dig Dug
  5. Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
  6. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  7. Rayman
  8. Doom Slayer
  9. Crash Bandicoot
  10. Spyro the Dragon
  11. Circus Baby (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
Top 11 Stages
  1. Mario Party
  2. Endless Ocean
  3. Tetris
  4. Skyrim
  5. Roivas Family Estate
  6. Freezeezy Peak
  7. Minecraft (Nintendo launches a special Minecraft server where users can actually build the stage within a set area. Server frequently patrolled to remove unauthorized copyrighted material and NSFW content)
  8. Band Land
  9. Wumpa Islands
  10. Giygas Battle
  11. Gyromite
Fine, I'll go pure dreams. Pure bias. I got this.

Characters:
1. Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers)
2. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
3. Minako Arisato (Persona 3 Portable/Persona Q 2)
4. 2B (NieR: Automata)
5. Sophie (Style Savvy: Fashion Forward)
6. Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney)
7. Ringo Andou (Puyo Puyo)
8. Agent J (Elite Beat Agents)
9. Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You)
10. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
11. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales)

Stages:
1. Imperial HQ. An enemy base at war where Clancer soldiers rocket in on jetpacks, strange creatures appear as stage hazards, and sometimes missile launchers and shotguns fall from the sky. The Beastector is a stage boss. (Marina)
2. Santa Destroy Stadium. Takes place in the field where you fight Dr. Peace, but halfway through the ground is shattered by Charlie MacDonald's cheerleader mech and you fight in Bad Girl's dungeon. (Travis)
3. Tartarus during the Dark Hour (Minako)
4. The Abandoned Amusement Park (2B)
5. The city behind the door of the dollhouse. Fashionable customers cheer you on. You can get knocked into a house and fight inside it. (Sophie)
6. Courtoom No. 4 from Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. (Athena)
7. Primp Town, with falling Tetris blocks and Puyos to avoid, plus cameos from Witch, Rulue, The Dark Prince, and sometimes even the crew of the Tetra. (Ringo)
8. Jumping Jack Flash. Those who played EBA will know. (Agent J)
9. Shibuya Scramble Crossing (Neku)
10. The Song of Nephilim. Probably better places to represent Xenosaga and I see it somewhat like a Lylat Cruise-esque level in terms of scenery but I have nostalgia for this locale. (KOS-MOS)
11. Scrooge's Mansion. Halfway through the fight you blast off to the moon. (Scrooge)

THERE LOOK I CAN DREAM SERIOUSLY TOO

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Can you give us some examples. I’m having a hard time thinking of who they’d be.
Toad, Pauline, Shy Guy, Koopa, Goomba (if they can make PP work...), Birdo, King Boo, Monty Mole, Petey, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Toadette, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Professor E. Gadd, Toadsworth

That's a good start

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Toad, Pauline, Shy Guy, Koopa, Goomba (if they can make PP work...), Birdo, King Boo, Monty Mole, Petey, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach

That's a good start
You could even argue Toad and Captain Toad separately.

If we go sub series we have Poochy, several WarioWare characters (Mona, Ashley, and 9-Volt especially), Captain Syrup, E. Gadd, Fawful, Paper Mario...

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Meanwhile we're talking about all of these Mario characters

And we still haven't gotten an unique Zelda newcomer since 2001.

I'M SALTY MAN

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey if Ryu Hayabusa gets in Smash Bros somehow that definitely will open the door to Hyrule Warriors Impa, Lana and Linkle also getting in.
Ha, I think we'd quicker see Lu Bu or Kasumi or hell, even William Adams before we get spinoff characters like those.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
A.G.L. A.G.L. Did you know? That one of Goemon's musicians did a Final Fantasy track (FFX), not the game though X)

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Ha, I think we'd quicker see Lu Bu or Kasumi or hell, even William Adams before we get spinoff characters like those.
Can you imagine Lu Bu in smash that would be scary ha, bunch of Do Not Pursue Lu Bu's everywhere. I think it could possibly happen Koei Tecmo is nowhere near as stingy as other companies. They are actually on the more generous side, and have a high partnership with Nintendo. So you never know, if we get a second fighters pass. I can really see Ryu Hayabusa being announced, especially since Ninja Gaiden is coming to the NES library this month (December).

Edit: Looks like Koei Tecmo has a special game announcement planned for The Game Awards. Looks like another Warriors game or Ninja Gaiden is on the horizon.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
A.G.L. A.G.L. Did you know? That one of Goemon's musicians did a Final Fantasy track (FFX), not the game though X)
I did not my friend can you link me a video where a song plays? And "not the game though", not sure I understand what that mean.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

I'M SALTY MAN
This. Zelda being another popular and best selling Nintendo franchised would get another rep. I would gladly take Impa or Skull kid. Heck I would take Midna. I just don’t want another Link lol.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

You think THIS is negativity? Oh my sweet summer child, lucky enough to join when it was all over, you haven't seen anything.

The Summer Leak Conflict, the Theory Wars, The Great Leak War incited by the Grinch hoax, and those are just the notable incidents of this speculation cycle. If you think this is the worst this fanbase has to muster then you'd have hated the actual speculation period.
lol i kept thinking in my mind when people saw that grinch leak"do people actually believe this?"

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I go back in time to when Melee was being made:
I stop Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch and Sheik from being playable characters.
I make it so Ganondorf and Falco have completely unique, non-cloned movesets.

I travel forward in time to when Brawl was being made:
I stop R.O.B, Zero Suit Samus and Pokemon Trainer from being playable characters and add Charizard instead.
I make it so Lucas, Wolf and Toon Link have completely unique, non-clone movesets.
I replace Galleom, Duon and Tabuu as bosses with Metal Gear REX, Death Egg Robot and Andross.
I make R.O.B., Ice Climbers and Game & Watch assist trophies.

I travel forward in time to when Smash 4 was being made:
I stop Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Lucina and Dark Pit from being playable characters.
I make Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt assist trophies.
I replace Master Core as a boss with Giygas.

I travel forward in time to when Ultimate was being made:
I stop Piranha Plant, Chrom and Incineroar from being a playable characters and add Decidueye instead.
I make Isabelle have a completely unique, non-clone moveset.
I make Piranha Plant, King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard assist trophies.
I add Dr. Mario, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus as alt costumes.
I add Pichu, Lucina, Dark Pit, Dark Shadow, Bass and Shadow as echo fighters.
I replace Galeem and Dharkon as bosses with Mother Brain and Medusa and make sure all of Brawl's bosses return.

At this point, I have removed a grand total of 12 unique movesets from the game. And added a total of 7 unique movesets back into the game. So with my last 5 surplus movesets, I add Ryu Hayabusa, Bill Rizer/Lance Bean, Arthur, Kunio and Erdrick to the game.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It does increase her chances, but it would be weird to have Mythra without Pyra or Rex. Possible transformation-type character?
I don't see it. Pyra isn't a fighter. Mythra is. Plus, with Torna, you're more likely to say 'make her fight by herself than with anyone.'

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I did not can you link me a video where a song plays? And not the game though, not sure I understand what that mean.
Hmm, that would be tricky to find. Tried but failed to find it.
As for not game, hehe, I'll keep this for a bit later X)

Calane

Smash Ace
Okay, I walked into this thread and seen some major misinformation being thrown around about the DQ Heroes. I think I even saw someone say that all the heroes can be every class in the game, which just isn't true for most of them. I'll try to explain why the heroes being alts of each other doesn't work for various reasons the best that I can.

DQ1 Hero: He is not able to utilize the Hero Class's signature "Zap" spells because that class hadn't been invented until Erdrick hit the scene in DQ3. Because of this, he seems to be limited to mostly healing and fire spells.

DQ2 Hero: He has no magic at all and is purely a physical fighter. He's entirely different from every other hero in the series because of this. Making him fight like Erdrick wouldn't make any sense as he cannot use magic of any kind.

DQ3 Hero [Erdrick]: He Introduced the iconic "Hero Class" to the series and established the heroes being known for their electrical "Zap" spells.

DQ4 Hero [Solo]: Essentially expanded on the "Hero Class" moveset, I believe.

DQ5 Hero [Abel]: A complete contrast to the rest of the heroes, Abel is mostly known for wielding staffs, not swords. He mostly focuses on healing and support spells, him completely lacking the signature "Zap" spells in favor of the windy "Woosh" spells instead. Also, Abel is something of a monster master. He recruits various monsters and fights alongside them as a team.

DQ6 Hero [Rek]: Seems to be one of the few heroes able to change vocations, but Rek only has to master one class to become the "Hero Class".

DQ7 Hero [Arus]: Like Rek, Arus is one of the heroes that can change his vocation, but can also attain the "Hero Class" as expected.

DQ8 Hero [Eight]: He cannot change his vocation and is always the "Hero Class", like Erdrick and Solo.

I won't go further than this, but I just wanted to show you how some of the hero's differ from each other to the point where they cannot accurately be costume swaps of each other. On top of that, some have differing heights and builds from one another. They also don't all share the same mannerisms and whatnot (it would be weird to see Abel posing like Arus, for example).

The only Heroes that could maybe work (though they'd probably have to change their animations to more fit them individually) would be Erdrick, Solo, Rek, Eight, and Luminary. The rest probably wouldn't work very well, and would just feel sort of wrong.

Even with the ones I mentioned, I can't get behind the idea of having them all as alts of each other because they'd probably have to give them extremely generic victory poses and animations as to try and fit them all into one instead of referencing stuff about them individually, like poses in their official art pictures, referencing things from their specific games, and other cool things like that.

I think the best, and most respectful thing to do would be to pick Erdrick as DQ's main rep, and package along a Luminary echo for free. That way, they can both have their own animations and whatnot, like Simon and Richter, while representing the series' past and present.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Edit: Looks like Koei Tecmo has a special game announcement planned for The Game Awards. Looks like another Warriors game or Ninja Gaiden is on the horizon.

OHMIGOD PLEASE BE NINJA GAIDEN!!

I'll take a Warriors game too though.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I won't go further than this, but I just wanted to show you how some of the hero's differ from each other to the point where they cannot accurately be costume swaps of each other. On top of that, some have differing heights and builds from one another. They also don't all share the same mannerisms and whatnot
The info is great, but it's also not necessarily an issue. Since Simon gets moves he didn't have from a later character in the series, the same could be true of a Dragon Quest hero.

Like if Erdrick gets in, I fully expect him to have, like, a Super High Tension Gigaslash for his Final Smash, even though those moves weren't in the series yet.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can you imagine Lu Bu in smash that would be scary ha, bunch of Do Not Pursue Lu Bu's everywhere. I think it could possibly happen Koei Tecmo is nowhere near as stingy as other companies. They are actually on the more generous side, and have a high partnership with Nintendo. So you never know, if we get a second fighters pass. I can really see Ryu Hayabusa being announced, especially since Ninja Gaiden is coming to the NES library this month (December).

HARD GUESS.
SOUL CALIBUR WARRIORS
"THE STAGE OF HISTORY"
"THE FIGHT OF DESTINY"

IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Top 11 characters I want in Smash Bros (I like to go one step beyond)
  1. Geno (Obvs)
  2. Banjo and Kazooie (Obvs)
  3. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  4. Dig Dug
  5. Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
  6. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  7. Rayman
  8. Doom Slayer
  9. Crash Bandicoot
  10. Spyro the Dragon
  11. Circus Baby (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
Top 11 Stages
  1. Mario Party
  2. Endless Ocean
  3. Tetris
  4. Skyrim
  5. Roivas Family Estate
  6. Freezeezy Peak
  7. Minecraft (Nintendo launches a special Minecraft server where users can actually build the stage within a set area. Server frequently patrolled to remove unauthorized copyrighted material and NSFW content)
  8. Band Land
  9. Wumpa Islands
  10. Giygas Battle
  11. Gyromite
Sure why not

1. Amaterasu
2. Lyn
3. Krystal
4. Elma
5. Shantae
6. Sora
7. Fjorm
8. Blaze
9. Tetra
10. Spyro
11. Valkyrie

1. Kamiki Village
2. Sacaen Plains
3. Sylvalum
4. Mermaid falls
5. Destiny Islands
6. Kingdom of Nifl
7. Sol Dimension
8. Fonsett Village
9. Avalar
10. Namco Museum
No
Literally the most iconic gaming series ever
There's a plethora of Mario characters remaining who are iconic in their own rights
I would love to see Paper Mario in action, as well as Chain Chomp as a playable character Don't know why we didn't get it instead of Piranha Plant T_T

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fans: "Wow, why Sakurai keeps adding characters to niche series like KI or FE? Give popular series some love!"

Sakurai: *adds Pokemon and Mario characters*

Fans: "That's not what we meant!"

Toon Link is unique (kind of...).

Impa (not as an echo plz), Skull Kid and Tetra would be nice additions imo (ok and maybe Tingle...).
I'M SALTY MAN
Did you mean SALT MAN? Like in:
This. Zelda being another popular and best selling Nintendo franchised would get another rep. I would gladly take Impa or Skull kid. Heck I would take Midna. I just don’t want another Link lol.
Midna too, it would be great! The only good reason to add another Link:
Wolf Link?

D

Deleted member

Fans: "Wow, why Sakurai keeps adding characters to niche series like KI or FE? Give popular series some love!"

Sakurai: *adds Pokemon and Mario characters*

Fans: "That's not what we meant!"
Fans never know what they mean :V.

Calane

Smash Ace
The info is great, but it's also not necessarily an issue. Since Simon gets moves he didn't have from a later character in the series, the same could be true of a Dragon Quest hero.

Like if Erdrick gets in, I fully expect him to have, like, a Super High Tension Gigaslash for his Final Smash, even though those moves weren't in the series yet.
That's true, but I don't think it'd look right seeing Abel holding a sword and shield performing Gigaslash. It just isn't in his character to do that.

I can see them giving abilities to Erdrick that he probably didn't originally have, but I'd hope they wouldn't go too far with it.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That's true, but I don't think it'd look right seeing Abel holding a sword and shield performing Gigaslash. It just isn't in his character to do that.
Though it would be right to have his son doing it, as he's the actual Hero of that game. Eventually.

I can see them giving abilities to Erdrick that he probably didn't originally have, but I'd hope they wouldn't go too far with it.
Giving him Tension makes sense since it let's them get away with putting a Super Saiyan in the game.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hmm..
Things to omit:
*Characters:
- I'd lessen FE characters. No Lucina, Corrin, Chrom and Robin.
- No fighters from fighting games.. so Ryu and Ken out.
- No cheat winners.. Bayonetta out.
- I don't think Greninja was needed or added much.. out.
XD.. this is fun XD
*In Smash:
- Any silly unneeded mode. (Glad they got rid of that board game from 4... uggh)

I'll add:
*Characters:
Definitely my ultimate choice, the whole gang and their stage (Two, Edo and My go.. nah, that'd be overboard), but also..
Sparkster, Marina, Klonoa, Ninten.. basically any character unique or cool enough with a small fanbase.
*Stages
I need another Mega Man stage, one that flips between Robot Masters ones (only Classic :D)
*Other:
Even more color varients for Mega Man (How about all 88 of'em :D)
I'll add Mega Man skins. His 8 looks, 11's.. like that.

*I'll correct:
Wario's Waft needs more gas. It's shame they cut some clouds of that... XD

That's about it. Smash is almost perfect.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Hmm, that would be tricky to find. Tried but failed to find it.
As for not game, hehe, I'll keep this for a bit later X)

Ah I was hoping you would be able to find the track :(. Also what do you think buddy which sounds like the better investment, Smash pro controller or 400gb Micro Sd card? Try to figure out which is a better investment all around.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Guys we really need some more Zelda characters

At this point, I'd take Impa or Vaati

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As much Yoshi content as I can get away with

Poochy, Kamek and Boshi as fighters
Prince Froggy, Grinders and the Spirit Who Loves Surprises as Assist Trophies
Fuzzy as an item
3 more stages, one of the being Yoshi's Island Bowser's Castle
Remixes of Underground and Final Boss (Yoshi's Island)
Raphael and Naval Piranha as bosses
etc.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, the most iconic and well known Zelda character that isn't already represented as a character is....Tingle. And he's hated in the west, which is probably why he's an assist/stage hazard.

The Zelda series doesn't have tons of recurring characters. A lot of one offs. I guess Impa counts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom