• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
This makes no sense. Mario & Luigi has nothing to do with Geno's chances. This just seems like a made-up reason just to be used against Geno.
It doesn't? I'm not very knowledgeable about those Mario games nor Geno. I was just going off of what was said in the post I was quoting. But the main point I was trying to make is that if he doesn't have a major role in a new game I don't think his chances for DLC are good

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Agree, and in the same way Sega partnered with Nintendo and got something out of it. Its very likely Disney is partnering with Nintendo on something and in return Nintendo wants something back. It makes no sense that Nintendo is partnering with Universal and Warner Brothers, but not with Disney the biggest media company on something. Its very likely Disney and Nintendo are partnering on some sort of deal, it just does not make sense Nintendo would be making deals with all these other media companies. And not the biggest media company, so if this is the case it could turn into another insert this Disney owned character in this game.
You know, what if Sora doesn't happen because Disney literally tried to buy Nintendo?

Like, Disney wanted something from Nintendo and they made a deal where they both get something and Nintendo gets Sora in Smash and it fell through and Disney just tried to straight up buy them out like they pretty much did to Pixar? Would there be any way to know if this happened besides public news?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Hmm.. interesting. Thanks for the links :) I hope it's not something silly as I don't think I'll put a penny on something I don't know.
Btw, I didn't know you wanted Sora that much. I mean over Noctic!
Oh God no, I way prefer Noctis. Noctis is my favorite Square character, but his chances for Smash are so low its not even funny. He is already in Tekken 7 and its very unlikely Square will want to promote the same character twice in two different fighting games. Had Noctis not been in Tekken I definitely could have seen it more. For now Im just happy he is in Tekken, and possibly may have a cameo in KH3.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh God no, I way prefer Noctis. Noctis is my favorite Square character, but his chances for Smash are so low its not even funny. He is already in Tekken 7 and its very unlikely Square will want to promote the same character twice in two different fighting games. Had Noctis not been in Tekken I definitely could have seen it more. For now Im just happy he is in Tekken, and possibly may have a cameo in KH3.
Lol, it really shows you how different Noctis is after the timeskip so that people don't even recognize him in your profile picture.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know, what if Sora doesn't happen because Disney literally tried to buy Nintendo?

Like, Disney wanted something from Nintendo and they made a deal where they both get something and Nintendo gets Sora in Smash and it fell through and Disney just tried to straight up buy them out like they pretty much did to Pixar? Would there be any way to know if this happened besides public news?
TPC has ascended and I think it's time for him to shleep

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
im pretty sure its namco making the renders with sega's directions

I think most renders nintendo has done are by 3rd parties rather than in house. I know Mario Kart's 8 renders were by Sega's Marza Animation Planet
that is possible, but since they’re used for Nintendo stuff I went with using their name...except for with his Smash 4 pose cause I couldn’t dig it

D

Deleted member

If something like that happens, the RIP my interest in Nintendo lol.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Someone in Nintendo obviously cares for Geno, otherwise he wouldn't keep re-appearing the way he does so often. Off the top of my non-Geno supporter head, you have:
  • Sakurai saying he wanted Geno for Brawl
  • The Geno Mii costume with it's own splash screen
  • The #TeamGeno and #TeamMallow tweet
  • Super Mario RPG on the SNES Mini (which would've required Nintendo to initiate negotiations with Square Enix for the game)
  • Geno and Mallow being the only two SE spirits besides Cloud's Smash Ultimate renders
Like, the proof's there man.
I would argue that the tweet and game being on the mini might be more for the overall game itself than any specific element in it for the most part. The tweet referencing both OC party members.
The other three points likely are Sakurai himself considering he seems to like the character. and has a fair bit of pull it seems in Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That’s moresoe the straw that broke the camel’s back. There is just so much negativity here now. It’s like everyone is so resigned to the idea that they won’t get any characters they like, even though we really have no official idea, that no one is excitedly posting there ideas but shooting down everyone else’s.

You think THIS is negativity? Oh my sweet summer child, lucky enough to join when it was all over, you haven't seen anything.

The Summer Leak Conflict, the Theory Wars, The Great Leak War incited by the Grinch hoax, and those are just the notable incidents of this speculation cycle. If you think this is the worst this fanbase has to muster then you'd have hated the actual speculation period.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It’s illegal in Japan for foreign companies to buy national ones.

Last post till after game awards

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I hope a Smash announcement doesn't happen at the VGAs because I said that if it happens I would livestream myself drinking water on Instagram.
Edit: Frick, I said I would if it's specifically Geno lol. I want it to happen now.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You think THIS is negativity? Oh my sweet summer child, lucky enough to join when it was all over, you haven't seen anything.

The Summer Leak Conflict, the Theory Wars, The Great Leak War incited by the Grinch hoax, and those are just the notable incidents of this speculation cycle. If you think this is the worst this fanbase has to muster then you'd have hated the actual speculation period.
If THIS is what it’s like then I don’t think i’ll come back at all. I mean. Who wants to spend there time trolling around a desert of bad memes and shattering dreams.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That’s moresoe the straw that broke the camel’s back. There is just so much negativity here now. It’s like everyone is so resigned to the idea that they won’t get any characters they like, even though we really have no official idea, that no one is excitedly posting there ideas but shooting down everyone else’s.
I think it's mainly due to the "let down" of the November direct (though I thought it was great) and the lackluster final character reveals that's making people try to think more realistically and less over-optimistically. Because the Grinch leak turned out to be fake and we didn't get the characters we like or wanted, maybe we feel the same will happen with DLC? I dunno, that's how I feel at least. I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything. We could get the worst possible outcome for DLC and I'd still love the game. I just don't want to get my hopes up too much, just to be safe, incase things take a turn for the worst with DLC.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If THIS is what it’s like then I don’t think i’ll come back at all. I mean. Who wants to spend there time trolling around a desert of bad memes and shattering dreams.
I walk a lonely street, on the boulevard of ****ty memes. Next to shattered dreams, I'm the only one and I walk along.

It's not pessimism, it's realism. There was some true optimism in the speculation period, but most of it went with the Grinch hoax. It's kinda sad really.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
At heart this is a speculation thread
Shoocking somebody knows this and has been on topic. Thanks, Luigi, BUT.....I am really tired, and this wait is making me tired. At best my most wanted was the Ice Climbers. I LOVE that Snake's back, Pichu too.....

this nerd loves the old characters that was cut

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I walk a lonely street, on the boulevard of ****ty memes. Next to shattered dreams, I'm the only one and I walk along.

It's not pessimism, it's realism. There was some true optimism in the speculation period, but most of it went with the Grinch hoax. It's kinda sad really.
Realism? Pessimism? A distinction without a difference!

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

Very unlikely this happened, Disney would not want to add more to their plate. They are already dealing with all the mess that is the Disney FOX merger and then having to implement all those franchises into their franchises. Such as adding the X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four to the MCU. Then theres the whole Hulu part in that Disney will be the majority share holder, its more likely they will want to buy the rest of the shares. Also Disney is cancelling all their Marvel series on Netflix because they are focusing on their own streaming service. Finally they are busy trying to add all the Marvel & Star Wars content to their parks.

So its very unlikely at this time Disney would have tried to buy out Nintendo, as they know that is too big of a fish to catch at this time. Very unlikely Bob Iger & Alan Horn would focus Disney's energy on acquiring Nintendo at this time as they have their hands full. I can very much see them pursuing to buy Nintendo in the future though. And iv actually been predicting for years that in the future Disney will try to buy Nintendo

Lol, it really shows you how different Noctis is after the timeskip so that people don't even recognize him in your profile picture.
Actually a lot of people say Older Noctis looks like Kurt Cobain lol, he also kind of looks like Older Dante.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Shoocking somebody knows this and has been on topic. Thanks, Luigi, BUT.....I am really tired, and this wait is making me tired. At best my most wanted was the Ice Climbers. I LOVE that Snake's back, Pichu too.....

this nerd loves the old characters that was cut
I don't discuss it much since it never really comes up but the moment Snake returned is probably the best Smash moment ever for me
Pure bliss in those seconds. No worries about life or Smash leaks or speculation. Just the return of one of gaming's best protagonists.

That almost sounds like a threat
You'll learn.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
First based on a tweet by The Game Awards themselves they seem to be hinting at the fact there will be a Smash announcement.

Second based on a tweet by Shesez where Reggie makes this statement.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Smash 64's intro had toys coming to life...

Hmmmmm..........

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Very unlikely this happened, Disney would not want to add more to their plate. They are already dealing with all the mess that is the Disney FOX merger and then having to implement all those franchises into their franchises. Such as adding the X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four to the MCU. Then theres the whole Hulu part in that Disney will be the majority share holder, its more likely they will want to buy the rest of the shares. Also Disney is cancelling all their Marvel series on Netflix because they are focusing on their own streaming service. Finally they are busy trying to add all the Marvel & Star Wars content to their parks.

So its very unlikely at this time Disney would have tried to buy out Nintendo, as they know that is too big of a fish to catch at this time. Very unlikely Bob Iger & Alan Horn would focus Disney's energy on acquiring Nintendo at this time as they have their hands full. I can very much see them pursuing to buy Nintendo in the future though. And iv actually been predicting for years that in the future Disney will try to buy Nintendo

Actually a lot of people say Older Noctis looks like Kurt Cobain lol, he also kind of looks like Older Dante.
I hope they either buy Nintendo after I'm dead, or that they fail at trying. If Disney were to ever own Nintendo, I'd be out. Done. Son...daughter.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd actually like some Disney movies based on Nintendo games; like an animated Earthbound movie, akin to the same quality in animation like the old Pokemon and Doraemon animes, or maybe just simply the old Disney animated movies.

However, if Disney bought Nintendo, I'd be afraid of their games starting to go downhill in quality. The old Disney games were great, and then Wreck-It Ralph came out for the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom