• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well you're in luck because someone already leaked the Dissidia NT DLC characters and after the end of Season 1 having Snow, they're going to be putting in the season 2 characters Tifa along with Gilgamesh, Zack, Vivi, Laguna, and Gabranth.
I wonder. Is NT a good game to jump into that fighting series with?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
True. Though, I feel like that if we get a Smash 6 it's gonna have a smaller stage and roster size compared to Ultimate because Sakurai did say that this proportion of things in one Smash will probably not happen again.

I think the next would maybe be a sorta "reboot" possibly? Idek tbh.
I agree that it'll be a smaller roster and stage size. After all, Ultimate is called Special in Japan for a reason. It's a celebration of 20 years of Smash. We'll probably get less veterans and more new characters, and less old stages with more new stages. A reboot seems possible to me but I don't know if they'd consider it a reboot. Maybe a very soft reboot

Eru13

Smash Apprentice

Hey, finally some decent gameplay with some decent players on a decent stage.
After watching this I really like the prospects of watching SSBU tournaments

Not only are the new mechanics going to make players more aggressive on their play but also the added visual and sound flare is amazing when it's an itemless 1v1, just watching the smoke of the fighters flying away and hearing the sound of the hits feels amazing, you really feel like the weight of the strikes

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
It seems the general idea is that the next Smash is going to be a disappointment.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Hey fellas, a friend of mine put a lot of work into this moveset for the Wanderer from Mii Plaza, so I'm just going to drop it here for him. Let me and him know what you guys think!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nintendo Dream, Japanese magazine, did a poll a little while ago about "Favorite Nintendo Characters".
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/...eveals-readers-favourite-nintendo-characters/
  • Kirby (Kirby) – 189
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda) – 123
  • Pikachu (Pokémon) – 117
  • Mario (Super Mario)
  • Luigi (Super Mario)
  • Corrin (Fire Emblem)
  • Eevee (Pokémon)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Yoshi (Super Mario)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem)
  • Robin (Fire Emblem)
  • Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Rowlet (Pokémon)
  • Camilla (Fire Emblem)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Ike (Fire Emblem)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Sans (UNDERTALE)
  • Daisy (Super Mario)
*Looks at the second to last character*
HE'S ******* IN!!!!!
My boy Chrom putting in work! :D
Oh my god why is Marth below Camilla wtf Japan Marth is a good boy.
Why is Lucario a playable character if he first appeared in the anime?
Lucario debuted in a 90 minute video game commercial.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It seems the general idea is that the next Smash is going to be a disappointment.
That's why it needs to be a special kind of reboot: One that brings 4 of the closest companies together ala Project X Zone, but as a Smash game.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nintendo Dream, Japanese magazine, did a poll a little while ago about "Favorite Nintendo Characters".
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/...eveals-readers-favourite-nintendo-characters/
  • Kirby (Kirby) – 189
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda) – 123
  • Pikachu (Pokémon) – 117
  • Mario (Super Mario)
  • Luigi (Super Mario)
  • Corrin (Fire Emblem)
  • Eevee (Pokémon)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Yoshi (Super Mario)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem)
  • Robin (Fire Emblem)
  • Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Rowlet (Pokémon)
  • Camilla (Fire Emblem)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Ike (Fire Emblem)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Sans (UNDERTALE)
  • Daisy (Super Mario)
*Looks at the second to last character*
HE'S ******* IN!!!!!
My boi is 10th. Yeet :yoshi:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
After watching this I really like the prospects of watching SSBU tournaments

Not only are the new mechanics going to make players more aggressive on their play but also the added visual and sound flare is amazing when it's an itemless 1v1, just watching the smoke of the fighters flying away and hearing the sound of the hits feels amazing, you really feel like the weight of the strikes
I think this is why I'm so interested in competitive Ultimate. Way more than I was in any other game's competitive scene. There's just so much weight and flair to everything that happens on screen. Every death feels meaningful, every victory feels big. It's all so much more dynamic now. Can't wait to become the best ROB in Ohio. :p

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I agree that it'll be a smaller roster and stage size. After all, Ultimate is called Special in Japan for a reason. It's a celebration of 20 years of Smash. We'll probably get less veterans and more new characters, and less old stages with more new stages. A reboot seems possible to me but I don't know if they'd consider it a reboot. Maybe a very soft reboot
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It'd probably have a roster of, I'd probably guess 50 something? Somewhere within that range of numbers. Basically where you've got a good amount, but it's not "overwhelmingly" huge like Ultimate. Probably something along the lines of Smash 4's.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's why they should lean hard into the DBFZ method and make a super flashy competitive fighter with a smaller cast size, but far more unique and deep characters to make up for it.

Or y'know, cut some stupid stages that no one plays on.
hyperbole.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Hopnestly just thinking about the next smash now is pointless. we can't imagine the next smash becasue for starters.. we don't know neither what smash ultimate is lacking nor how is gonna age.

if you ask me, Nintendo gonna support for a couple of years with various updates, and if the gameplay ages well may do a huge expansion akin to a port for teh switchU. then in 2029 the game will be showing its age and it wll be more clear what the game actually needs to change. Maybe add panvision support? who knows.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Hey fellas, a friend of mine put a lot of work into this moveset for the Wanderer from Mii Plaza, so I'm just going to drop it here for him. Let me and him know what you guys think!
Once again, I know that this phrase is usually used to dismiss chars, but I must ask because I sincerely dont know. "Who is that?"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Royalty1702 Royalty1702
*sees Japan's favorite Nintendo character list*
*Camillia, Robin, and Corrin over Ike*
*Freaking Sans made the list*
*Absolutely no Metroid is present*
Man, Japan has some garbage taste.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ugh this makes me sad...I really hope she’s not bad.

I don’t really play as her but I LOVE her games and her character, I just really feel like she SHOULD be good...a solid high tier. Sad sad day. Hopefully he’s just being -dramatic-
Every other comp smasher I've seen has been saying she's still one of the better characters in the game. Also reading his tweets, sounds like he played her in a way that Sakurai never really wanted anyway. So basically Bayo players are gonna have to readjust and learn a new gamestyle. I can almost guarantee you she'll still be "A" Tier (aka with the top 15 characters).

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Once again, I know that this phrase is usually used to dismiss chars, but I must ask because I sincerely dont know. "Who is that?"
It's the Wandering Hero from StreetPass Mii Plaza (this one specifically is from Find Mii)! You can use Play Coins to purchase them for use in StreetPass games if you haven't tagged enough people.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wow, never played a lot of this game, but that's a lot of effort and some pretty great animation to boot.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
That's why they should lean hard into the DBFZ method and make a super flashy competitive fighter with a smaller cast size, but far more unique and deep characters to make up for it.

Or y'know, cut some stupid stages that no one plays on.
hyperbole.
I gotchu, fam

Roberk

Smash Champion
A bit too late since it's from the 3DS and not too memorable (for most Smash players, I instantly recognized it lol), but I'm open to another Mii/Nintendo rep that takes more inspiration from stuff like Sports Resort, Tomagachi Life, Miitopia, etc.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Royalty1702 Royalty1702
*sees Japan's favorite Nintendo character list*
*Camillia, Robin, and Corrin over Ike*
*Freaking Sans made the list*
*Absolutely no Metroid is present*
Man, Japan has some garbage taste.
Metroid as a whole is incredibly unpopular in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom