• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Its not the first time that he says that he will be gone forever and in the next day he is back.

Jesus ****in' christ, did you not get the part where I said grazien stopped posting in this thread? I even show the screenshot of my pm with him here

See?

Also can you please prove your claim about graizen returning tomorrow? because Grazien was seriously about not posting here, and I think you are pushing this topic too far. I said that ****ING DROP IT NOW.
I'm on your side and I believe that what you're doing is right, but instead of feeding the conflict by responding just report his posts and profile to moderation and let them handle it. You're better than this.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultinkling:: Like their style of moves, and their gimmick, but their playstyle might not be for me.
:ultridley:: I was quite excited at Ridley, and I also like that he's basically a bigger Roy with a projectile.
:ultdaisy:: Am fine with her, but honestly I kind of forgot she existed. Hope she's a more easier Peach (In comparison)
:ultsimon:: Although I'm not a castlevania fan, I really do like his design, as well as HIS FRICKING MOVESET, OH MOLLY!!
:ultrichter:: Similar, but I find his design to be a bit more basic, so I prefer Simon.
:ultchrom:: Interested in playing him since I main both Lucina and Roy, but his recovery and Simon make me only see him as a secondary (Or not)
:ultdarksamus:: REALLY like her animations as this floaty neon shifting shooter character, so I'll prefer her than Samus.
:ultkrool:: He's not really my childhood thing, but I do like his moveset.
:ultisabelle:: Really do like her Down, and Side B, but her aerials make me feel a bit disappointed for some reason. Too bad she partly suffered the casual pick syndrome.
:ultken:: Like Dark Samus, preferred him over Ryu for his aggressive play.
:ultincineroar:: Really liking his normal, and specials, but he is probably not for me.
:ultpiranha:: One of the more interesting characters just for his aerials (Which are ****ing great from what I seen), and his specials.
Um, what's a "casual pick syndrome"?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Here's a fun game because I'm bored. If you were to add one more stage for each character/series, what would you add?

I'll start (only doing the ones I have answers for though) :
:ultkirby:- City Trial (Air Ride)
:ulttoonlink:- Minish Woods
:ultdoc: - A Dr. Mario stage (Duh)
:ultness: - Saturn Valley
:ultlucas:- Tazmily Village
:ultsamus: - Phendrana Drifts (so we'd have a non-lava Metroid stage)
:ultmegaman:- Central Highway
:ultsnake:- Mother Base
:ultsonic:- Scrap Brain Zone
:ultrob:- A ROB "Stack-Up" stage (just so he could have his own stage)
:ultyoshi:- Underground or Bowser's Castle

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Gaming INTEL explained it themselves. The Nintendo Live event was mistaken for a second Direct in November. Like, it happened. There was a Nintendo Live event in November, and If their source is to be believed then they were technically right because there was a second Nintendo event in November, it just wasn't a Direct like they said it was.
In your personal opinion DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon . Do you think we still have a chance for the first Smash DLC to be revealed at the game awards?

I think it could happen as Luigi The President Luigi The President stated Metwo was announced pretty early for the Smash Wii U DLC.

I think the first DLC will be released January or February 2019. So if they announce the first DLC character in December it could make sense.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Um, what's a "casual pick syndrome"?
Some people from the Smash Fandom not liking her because she's not interesting to their eyes, not as cool, is not (Insert "Popular" character request here) and/or a bit more obvious compared to some other characters like K. Rool and Richter. Kind of the same with Inkling.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Stop talking about the Graizen stuff please.

Also, please don't respond to those trying to make off-topic banter as well. It doesn't help. Constantly telling them to drop it won't work because you're still replying to them. Just don't reply and if they still keep going, the Moderation can handle it.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I love that! He looks REALLY good! Now I want to see Isaac's Mii costume if Skull Kid's looks THAT good.
Same!! It looks like he is actually in the game lol I was trying to find the Isaac costume can’t find it :( but I’m curious to see the amount of details the costume may have gotten....low key kinda want a Shadow mii costume of this quality >.>

osby

Smash Obsessed
Some people from the Smash Fandom not liking her because she's not interesting to their eyes, not as cool, is not (Insert "Popular" character request here) and/or a bit more obvious compared to some other characters like K. Rool and Richter. Kind of the same with Inkling.
So my favorite type of character, good to know.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
>Its not the first time that he says that he will be gone forever and in the next day he is back.

Jesus ****in' christ, did you not get the part where I said grazien stopped posting in this thread? I even show the screenshot of my pm with him here

See?

Also can you please prove your claim about graizen returning tomorrow? because Grazien was seriously about not posting here, and I think you are pushing this topic too far. I said that ****ING DROP IT NOW.
You're continuing it too, bud. Just saying
Edit: Sorry, didn't see mod post.
Double edit: Seriously typing messes up the text alot and upsets me.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Lol Dairy Queen rep, if thats true I hope its a Mint Oreo Blizzard rep :p. Actually you know @Calane gave some real insight for DQ music to be added to Smash.

So the 1st on your choice I agree is the DQ Theme.

The second and third music choices I would think would be.

Ocean from Dragon Quest 5

Go for Broke from Dragon Quest Swords

As for Sephiroth I think they could use the Forgotten City from FF7 Advent Children. I think they could use George Nibelheim since he isnt union. However not sure they would want Cloud to stay with a japanese VA and Sepiroth to have an english one. As for music he could come with if they do give him an Advent children stage then one winged angel advent children version. Also he could have the following two songs as well.

Battle in the Forgotten City

Those who fight Advent Children version

As for Banjo stage agree Spiral Mountain. For his music they would definitely put his main theme song in. I think they would put the Spiral Mountain song as its very iconic and for the final one I think it would be.

Jinjo Village from Banjo-Tooie
The first DQ you chose is ok, yet I really like the Viloent Enemies one.
Haha, you wrote George Nibelheim XD But oh, now I get why you asked that question, because of being in 11 languages. Huh! I didn't know Cloud would stay in Japanese! Are you sure? I mean even Marth started speaking English (intensive courses :p). Hmm, I have no idea, it would make most the sense to let him voice Sephiroth. Let's wait and see.
Battle in The Forgotten City is really good, agree. Not so much with Those Who Fight AD ver..
Banjo, I'd still take Click Clock Wood. If you haven't asked I wouldn't have realized how little variety Banjo had in his music department. Not so many good options. I haven't looked at Tooie btw.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Opinion of the new 12:
:ultinkling: Quite an original char and faithful to the source material. They come in male and female forms with different outfits. I knew they would be joining smash this time around so it wasnt that shocking to see them but definitely a pleasent surprise.
:ultdaisy:I am happy her fans finally get her as her own char instead of a costume. I wonder why it took so long since we had Dark Pit and Lucina doing the jump before her.
:ultridley:I won a bet against a friend that Ridley would make it this time around. I was looking forward to the char joining since I first saw it on the melee opening.
:ultsimon: I think he is a fine addition for the most part. My biggest complain is where is his red headed alternative?!
:ultrichter:The one char my friends want me to play the most since they said his personality reminds them of mine. 0_o
:ultchrom:I think it is cool that he was added but am I the only one who thinks that he looks kinda weird?
:ultdarksamus:Probably the best looking echo. It has such amazing looking changes. It is a shame that the character doesnt seem as different to their original counterpart as Ken does.
:ultkrool:I have zero attachments to the char but the music is of his trailer is really great.
:ultisabelle:I still thinks she was the second most obvious addition for this smash. I dont understand why anyone would think otherwise. And she seems like a pretty interesting addition moveset wise.
:ultken:He doesnt look that much an echo to me. He is also the best looking 3d Ken. Congratulations for making what Capcom cant seem to make!
:ultincineroar:I defended incineroar since I joined. And he was even more amazing tan I could ever imagine. His render looks great. His moveset looks fun. And he exudes personality. Couldnt ask for more for the Pokémon representative of this generation.
:ultpiranha:I love surprise characters and piranha plant was agenius addition. People were already starting to see behind retro picks and Sakurai probably wanted something that nobody could guess. It was also an excellent meausre to prevent leaks since who would pay attention to a Piranha Plant leak?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I saw that tweet before, and jesus christ, there will be more than 10 video games announcemnt at the show?!

How many new games that got announced at TGA last year? because I'm sure that is many than just few games revealed at TGA last year.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Here's a fun game because I'm bored. If you were to add one more stage for each character/series, what would you add?
:ultmario: Bowser's Castle. Why don't we have one already???
:ultkirby: Dark Star
:ultdk: Punch Bowl
:ultolimar: A traveling cave stage.
:ultvillager: T&T Emporium
:ultrob: An actual giant R.O.B that moves around gyro blocks that you use as platforms
:ultinkling: Spawning Grounds

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So any news on Nintendo banning leakers?
Curiosity got the better of me and I started looking for World of Light cutscenes, mainly because I wanted to know if the rumors of bad endings existing were actually a thing.
I only saw Galeem's boss fight (where Simon apparently forgot that he could do things other than throwing axes) and Dharkon's introductory cutscene. (The sight of Galeem GTFO was quite amusing.)
Oh, and Crunchii's YouTube channel still exists, but all of his old videos are gone.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
someone just made comparison image of ken leak from September to final game

To be honest, I'm surprised that someone was lucky to snap the picture of ken back in september.
They changed the camera focal angle. Huh.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
:ultmario: Bowser's Castle. Why don't we have one already???
:ultkirby: Dark Star
:ultdk: Punch Bowl
:ultolimar: A traveling cave stage.
:ultvillager: T&T Emporium
:ultrob: An actual giant R.O.B that moves around gyro blocks that you use as platforms
:ultinkling: Spawning Grounds
Can't believe I forgot Bowser's Castle; that is definitely a much needed one. Also I'd love a cave-themed Pikmin stage.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:ultmario:: Bowser’s Castle
:ultdk:: Frantic Factory
:ultlink:: Kokiri Forest
:ultyoshi:: Return of Wooly world
:ultpikachu:: Ecruteak City
:ultmarth:: Literally anything, they need a new stage. Maybe that pond where they kept showing Azura swimming in the promos.
:ultrob:: The Subspace Bomb Factory
:ultsonic:: Chemical Plant Zone
:ultpacman:: Return of Pac Maze, even if they don’t have the gimmick

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
I saw that tweet before, and jesus christ, there will be more than 10 video games announcemnt at the show?!

How many new games that got announced at TGA last year? because I'm sure that is many than just few games revealed at TGA last year.
Apparently this is the biggest TGA for game announcements

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Does anyone REALLLLLY love Mii Gunners Grenade special? That special is one of my favorite specials in the ENITRE SMASH SERIES! That move is soooo good with it's multi-hit, bouncy, pill-shaped, combo into grab, arc flying pressure tool, that makes me really want to do jank with more than others.

D

Deleted member

The only ones announced off the top of my head were Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Bayo 3. I'm going to ballpark a guess of 4 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom