• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Okay so what's everybody's kinda opinion on each character as of now?
:ultinkling: Meh, don’t like Splatoon or Inklings.
:ultdaisy: Was bitter at first but now she’s just there to me
:ultridley: THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST THAT MADE ME LOSE MY MIND
:ultsimon: Dope
:ultrichter: Really unexpected and dope
:ultdarksamus: THERE IS A GOD AND HE LOVES METROID
:ultchrom: Lame, just lame. Would trade him out for literally anybody else.
:ultkrool:Happy he’s in and looks hella fun, best animations.
:ultisabelle:Meh, really don’t like her archetype and she was fine as an Assist.
:ultken:Cool but lame to end on him, and he didn’t bring Shadow.
:ultincineroar:Has flair but again eh, not a Pokefan.
:ultpiranha:Tossing aside all the ironic posts and salt, actually looks really fun and creative. But don’t do this again please.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Here's my thoughts on most of them.
Uhhh...

:ultinkling: The freshest squid kid. Woomy~

:ultdaisy: For real though, I was so happy to see her.

:ultridley: Imo, he had the best reveal trailer. Extremely satisfying.

:ultsimon: I love him. I love his face. I love his voice. I love his thighs. I love Castlevania. Absolutely amazing.

:ultrichter: I love him. So cute. So pure. He deserves the world. I love Castlevania. ****ing superb.

:ultchrom: HE GOT HIS CHANCE! BEST DAD GOT HIS CHANCE! That was a good day.

:ultdarksamus: She's cool. I love how brutal the Metroid villains are, with the way they move and such. Plus she floats.

:ultkrool: The King just droppin in with a great moveset and an amazing theme. Stellar. Wonderful.

:ultisabelle: She's so cute, I can't even take it. She looks like she's having so much fun. You're doing amazing, sweetie.

Did I do it right?
As for the rest...

:ultken: Looks really fun! I like him a lot more than Ryu from what I've seen. His personality and unique animations/moves make me wanna give him a shot.

:ultincineroar: Couldn't get his moves more perfect if you tried. You can see how much work went into Incineroar, and it's amazing. Wonderful character.

:ultpiranha: I'm still in limbo about how I feel about PP. On one hand, it shows that you can make a unique fighter out of anyone (and it breaks a lot of fan created Smash rules), but on the other hand, it's a little underwhelming that it was the last character in the Direct shown. I still need some time to form a better opinion.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Spawn was right in a way.
It was confirmed the intel of a second November Direct was the Nintendo Live.

In a very roundabout way Spawn was correct, but his info was wrong. I hope I'm making sense here.
I feel a TGA reveal is incredibly unlikely, they probably don't have anything to show off yet unless it's just a minor tease.
Ehhhhhhhhhhh

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

doubting it
It really does depend, because during all this time the past few months, I've combed through the videos and any possible SpawnCasts and don't see his sources say anything about a second Direct or even this month or a Smash DLC reveal.

Judging by his Twitter, most chips are on Metroid Prime Trilogy + Metroid Prime 4 @ The Game Awards. That being said, he doesn't deny it happening. Add on the pretty much perfect streak he still has, it could be possible. Remember that Spawn knows stuff before we do like three to four weeks or even months ahead of all of us for anything so who knows lmao
Not likely.
Even if we do get anything at the VGAs, he would be correct through mere coincidence rather than inside info.
I see unfortunate, I was really hoping we would get to know who the possible SE 2nd rep is sooner. Oh well, I guess we might not know until Januray.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I see unfortunate, I was really hoping we would get to know who the possible SE 2nd rep is sooner. Oh well, I guess we might not know until Januray.
No, there's definitely still a chance. My point was to prove that Spawn's still reliable.
We won't know if there is an announcement of the SE rep at TGA until it happens with how secretive they are-and remember Mewtwo was revealed less than a month after 4 came out on the 3DS. Very much a chance. Not super likely but a chance.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
:ultisabelle:Meh, really don’t like her archetype and she was fine as an Assist.
:ultpiranha:Tossing aside all the ironic posts and salt, actually looks really fun and creative. But don’t do this again please.
Inkling: Totally Expected. Love Splatoon. Glad to see them here.
Daisy: Eh. I don't want her but I know people do.
Ridley: Really happy for other people
Simon: Another great retro pick
Richter: Huh. I didn't know third partied could get echos
Dark Samus: Eh. I don't want her but I know people do.
Chrom: Oh god. Another Fire Emblem character. Prepare for rage!
King K. Rool: Glad to see him finally here.
Isabelle: Really mad with how she was revealed. That's not her fault, but it left a sour taste in my mouth.
Ken: I literally once said a couple days after E3 that they could get away with Ken and I would only be kind of mad. Now he's here and I'm happy. (Didn't think third parties should get echos)
Incineroar: I'm glad my personal fav is here, but I feel bad for everyone who wanted Decidueye.
Piranah Plant: The Five Stages of Grief.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nope

- Final Smash roster
- Birthday month
- Got WWE 2k19 Deluxe Edition used for only 42 bucks
- Christmas shopping FINALLY done
- Have the money for Smash
- Thanksgiving food

The **** you on about? November is one of the greatest months to ever exist when the Smash hype train is quickly coming down
Survivor Series sucked, and much more importantly...Stan Lee and Stephen Hillenburg both passed away this month...this November was definitely not as great as you're making it to be
Corrin doesn't even hint at any LGBTQ+ topic during their Smash appearance. Not even the slightest. It goes completely unmentioned. So...not the best example.
You don’t have to have someone’s LGBTQ+ ways mentioned to know how they roll (the likes of Steven Universe, Star vs TFOE, and Loud House are examples of such ways)
Okay I'm trying to picture everything together for the unlockables based on the information that we have right now

View attachment 180365

MIA: :ultbowser::ultmetaknight::ultcorrin::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultmewtwo::ultwolf::ultvillager: (MIA on some are for how to unlock them before their string can happen)
I think that's all of them. Lemme know if any of these are wrong
Where the **** is :ultpit:?
:ultpit: > Everyone Else

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
:ultinkling: Saw this coming from from miles and miles away

:ultdaisy: Really got shocked and pleased by this

:ultridley: THANOS USE THE SNAP TO DESTORY ALL TOO BIG MEMES PLEASE ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!

:ultsimon: The last main retro and new rep from the new era finally in

:ultrichter: “Die monster you don’t belong in this world” didn’t see this coming and surprised

:ultchrom::ultdarksamus: The moment I saw the alts missing in Ike and samus I knew it was happening

:ultkrool: HIM AND RIDLEY DADDY SAKURAI IM NEVER ASKING FOR ANYTHING AGAIN IF YOU KEEP THESE TWO IN FOREVER IN SMASH AS PLAYABLE!!!

:ultisabelle: Glad it happened from assist trophy missing I fugred

:ultken: It hit me he’s the original echo fighter no avoiding this and ryu friend

:ultincineroar: I was glad to be wrong about the grinch leak

:ultpiranha: HOLY... no more arguements this one kills all of them especially the jumping problem for toad and the genaroc enemies for bandana dee.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so Abby Trott sings Lifelight? Neat. She also revealed that her musical director for it was Greg Chun (voice of Ike). Cool beans.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
:ultinkling: Love Splatoon and think Inklings are a great addition. Comes with fun music
:ultdaisy: Not a fan of hers too much and not a fan of Peach herself so eh. Good for her sane fans.
:ultridley: Fantastic that he is finally in. Great addition.
:ultsimon: Makes sense as a Castlevania addition though I would prefer others. Wish he had his redhead design as an alt.
:ultrichter: Love him. Stars in some of my favorite games in the series and glad to see them here
:ultdarksamus: Love Metroid Prime so love this mostly. Her being a 1:1 clone of Samus who is looking terribad as usual stings though.
:ultchrom: Can understand people wanting him but his inclusion as yet another clone outside one move makes him eh to me. If we were to get another sword lord I would prefer Lyn myself. Or if pulling another character from Awakening either Tharja(yes I know she wouldn't happen) or Anna
:ultkrool: Happy for his fans and he looks fun but not a character I care about. More a Dixie fan myself.
:ultisabelle: Love her. Really cute and like her spin on the AC moveset. She has quickly become the mascot for AC so I think she deserves to be here
:ultken: Cool if a bit obvious of an addition.
:ultincineroar: Not my favorite pokemon but a pro heel wrestler is super interesting from a gameplay standpoint and he has tons of personality which is great visually.
:ultpiranha: Unexpected but fun addition. Really pushing things when it comes to additions when there are more wanted from the same series though honestly. Being free helps things immensely though.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Oh, so Abby Trott sings Lifelight? Neat. She also revealed that her musical director for it was Greg Chun (voice of Ike). Cool beans.
Wait, Abby Trott? The voice of Windblade in those awful Machinima Transformers shows? Huh, never would have guessed but that's good for her, she has a nice voice when directed properly.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not as up on competitive stuff in 4. Why is that?
Because there's a LOT of funny misinformation in that article, almost as if the guy was trolling. Such as "you can slightly move left or right when Yoshi Bombing from great heights" or "no invincibility frames for opponents exiting out of Egg Lay, and they exit SIDEWAYS in TUMBLE!!!" Yeah, no...

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Have not post on here in awhile just been noisy looking at this thread lol anyway..
:ultinkling: Probably going to main them and can’t wait to play them!!
:ultisabelle: Tbh I was not hype with her inclusion but after awhile she grew on me. She going to be another character I will main. Besides Isabelle adorable can’t stay mad at her forever lol
:ultrichter::ultsimon: Never played a castlevania game but I want to one day because I like the gameplay style of those games. So yeah can’t wait to play as them.
:ultchrom: meh. Wasn’t really hype for him and don’t see myself using him that much.
:ultdarksamus: Same thing as Chrom. I don’t have much attachment to this character. I still want to get into Metroid though.
:ultincineroar: Still meh. Don’t care for Pokémon but his gameplay looked fun.
:ultken: Not a fan of street fighter so I don’t see myself playing as this character same with Ryu.
:ultpiranha: don’t know how to feel. Tbh was salty he got in over Shadow and other highly request characters. But I’m over it so idc about this character tbh. (Don’t hate me)
:ultdaisy: I main Peach so I see myself playing as her more than Peach.
Edit: forgot :ultkrool::ultridley: lol. Again don’t have much attachment to Metroid series so idc for Ridley but I will give him a try. K rool looks fun so I’m looking forward to play him. Probably will be my first heavy character I will main.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
someone just made comparison image of ken leak from September to final game

To be honest, I'm surprised that someone was lucky to snap the picture of ken back in september.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
someone just made comparison image of ken leak from September to final game

To be honest, I'm surprised that someone was lucky to snap the picture of ken back in september.
Oh my God. The version of the picture in the final game actually looks worse.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
:ultinkling: Haven't played Splatoon so I have no personal attachment to them, but I like that they're here.
:ultdaisy: Indifferent, but I'll probably play as her more than Peach.
:ultridley: Still in awe that he actually made it in. Not really my playstyle, but Sakurai did the impossible by adding him and I really respect that.
:ultsimon: So hyped. He and Isaac were my most wanteds, so I'm extremely greatful that I least got one of them. Plus the amount of love Castlevania got in Smash is so amazing.
:ultrichter: Completely shocked me when he showed up too. Never thought I'd see the day where I can play as 2 Belmont bois. It's a dream come true.
:ultdarksamus: I'm happy we were able to get not only 1 Metroid villain, but 2! After all this time! Would've preferred she had an original moveset, but I'll take what I can get.
:ultchrom: Meh. Happy for his fans I suppose, but I forget he's even in the game half the time... Oops.
:ultkrool: Never been much of a DK fan, but I love seeing all of his fans so happy. It makes me happy. Plus I think he looks fun.
:ultisabelle: Can see why they added her, but she's still probably the least hype for me along with Chrom.
:ultken: Coming from someone who supported this dude since before he started appearing on leaks, I still can't believe Ken actually got in. I like Ken more than Ryu, so I'm excited to try him out. And he's the least echo-y echo, which is pretty neat too.
:ultincineroar: Not really a huge fan of Pokemon, so I'm indifferent on him too. At least he's got charisma; I'll give him that.
:ultpiranha: Hype. That is all.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
:ultinkling: : I mean, they were expected, but I didn't care. I wanted them so badly, even during Smash 4 DLC. I Love Splatoon, and I'm glad that they are here!
:ultdaisy:: Eh. I don't want her but this was probably for the whiny fanbase that did wanted her, so meh. :rolleyes: Hi, I'm Daisy, isn't even a taunt of hers so what was the point of Daisy again?!
:ultridley:: Really happy for people that wanted him for so long. Now, they can finally be in peace and not debate about Ridley size in the next Smash cycle, whenever that happens.
:ultsimon:: BIG Castlevania fan, my most wanted third party. I cried during the August direct, His range looks sick and huge array of projectiles looks like it'll be tons of fun! I'm going to have such fun with that whip!
:ultrichter:: Just like Simon, I cried even more once I saw the blue vest. Hyped as hell! He may be my preferred to use of the Belmonts, after seeing some gameplay.
:ultdarksamus:: Just like Ridley, glad she's here so that fans can shut up about Metroid representation!
:ultchrom:: Oh god. Another Fire Emblem character. Prepare for rage! (sarcasm) I love Fire Emblem, so I don't mind. I was rooting for Chrom to get in! I have a reason to play as Roy now! Eh. :p
:ultkrool:: The king is FINALLY here. A great addition. My second most wanted first party character, after the Inklings. The Dedede troll in the trailer was hillarious.
:ultisabelle:: She looks so adorable, how can you be mad at a precious being in Smash. I still hope for her to take EVO next year
:ultken:: I'm dropping Ryu from my main rotation. That is all.
:ultincineroar:: The third newcomer I was disappointed in. Even after seeing his moveset, I'm still not feeling him honestly, would've prefered Decidueye. First time being disappointed in the choice for Pokemon for Smash. :rolleyes:
:ultpiranha:: I laughed so hard during this reveal. I was like, someone please hold me. Hopeful new main. :joyful:

Most of them I'm hoping to be in my new main rotation are: Inkling, Simon/Richter, Chrom, Isabelle, K. Rool, Ken, and Piranah Plant.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Let's see.

:ultinkling: SUPER STOKED TO PLAY! I remember seeing them at E3 in the reveal, and seeing how the ink worked blew my mind! It's such a cool mechanic that I'm really looking forward to using! The rest of the moveset is super interesting as well! Hoping to learn more about this one. (I love the alts as well. Especially the Agent 3 one)
:ultdaisy:Yesss, Daisy!! She's my favorite Mario character, so I was super happy to see her implemented somehow! Sadly I'll probably refrain from playing her a lot since I don't play Peach good at all. X'D
:ultridley:He's looking super cool! Happy his down-B wasn't nerfed. I think the thing I like the most about him is just the fact that Sakurai went out of his way to contradict himself and make the seemingly impossible POSSIBLE! And I bet it was all cause the fans! :)
:ultsimon:He looks cool! His range and huge array of projectiles looks like it'll be tons of fun! Sadly him coming was not a huge surprise because of what Vergeben said and the leak the night before, however...
:ultrichter:We got Richter! I had no clue as to who he was, but I was very much pleasantly surprised to see us get an echo for Simon right off the bad! Opinions on his moveset are the same as Simon lol.
:ultchrom:MAN, was I hyped! Now that may sound crazy, but yes, I was legitimately hyped! I actually wanted Chrom but was very mute about it because I thought Sakurai wouldn't do another FE rep, but he did anyways and it was who I wanted! I just wish his recovery wasn't trash. XD I'm honestly gonna be trying him out a bunch though!
:ultdarksamus:Sadly, I had/have no attachment to this character at all, mainly due to the fact I've never played it's/her game and I don't use Samus. However though, I'm glad that the fans of this character got her! I know that it was looking a little unlikely at the start and was definitely not a first pick, they did it by using the echo fighter system! It's great!
:ultkrool:Oh man, King K. Freaking Rool. His reveal was SO HYPE! With the troll at the start, to his "Comes Aboard" splash screen, to the up beat and joyous Gang-Plank Galleon remix, the DK 64 throwback FS, and that final show off against DK and Diddy at the end, it was amazing! My favorite thing in all of this is just the fact that he happened because the fans happened. Without the support of this amazing community, he wouldn't of been here in Smash Ultimate as a playable fighter. It's truly incredible what a fan base can do! As for his moveset, it looks amazing! He's fast, his up-B is super good and has a hit box that damages opponents, his got the Blunder Bust (I believe it's called? Someone correct me if I'm wrong), his throwable item-esque crown, he looks super fun!
:ultisabelle:OHHH, I'm super excited for Isabelle! As someone that likes to use Villager a lot himself, I was glad to see that we were getting another AC rep that wasn't an echo like what leaks and rumors were suggesting! She's very much a semi-clone, but I like it as I'm already used to her base fighter as is, and the extra things such as her fishing pole and new tilts look pretty enticing! I may be looking into maining her tbh!
:ultken:Ehhhh.... I'm sadly not too big on Street Fighter and I didn't get Ryu in Smash 4, plus he was super leaked in advance, so I wasn't too hyped lol. However though, his moveset looks super cool! Glad to see our final echo being probably the most unique!
:ultincineroar:And... Incineroar. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy for those that wanted him, butttt.... He's not that hyped imo lol. His moveset looks interesting though! Especially his super unique side-B.
:ultpiranha:And we got this as well. I was very pleasantly surprised that this even happened, but I was very confused and lost, and wasn't sure about it. While I much prefer a ton of other characters over it, it's still a neat little thing everyone's gonna have fun with lol. His moveset is pretty interesting as well. I'm wanting to know more about that one where he goes inside the pot itself and it's poison.

That's that lol! For the most part, I'm pretty excited for everyone!

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
:ultinkling: - She seems to be complicated to play lol
:ultdaisy: - My boi blue toad is back since SMB2
:ultridley: - One of the holy trinity
:ultsimon: - Most wanted of all time and new main
:ultrichter: - same
:ultchrom: - Marth number 4
:ultdarksamus: - Now Samus isn't the only low tier of the game lol
:ultkrool: - Another one of the holy trinity
:ultisabelle: - Villager was my main so that's great
:ultken: - The basic character from street fighter 5 online lol
:ultincineroar: - Always playing grappler in versus fighting games so I'm interested
:ultpiranha: - Did this ****ty flower ate my Geno ?
:ultganondorf: - "HE PULLS THE SWORD !!"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, Abby Trott? The voice of Windblade in those awful Machinima Transformers shows? Huh, never would have guessed but that's good for her, she has a nice voice when directed properly.
Also Maya Fey from Ace Attorney and Nier Automata Ending Song lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom