• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I have to play as Lucina to get Ridley?

Damn...the rounds method of getting the characters sounds like the better option just now. XD
I mean, it's not like Lucina is a difficult character to play.

She's arguably one of the most straightforward characters in Smash history.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
So it seems unlikely we’re getting an eShop demo. I realize they’ve been generous with the amount of demos they’ve had around the US and Canada for the game, but I’ve been nowhere near any of them to my knowledge.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm going to a Smash Bros party on the 7th, so I'm taking the whole day off. Hoping I can unlock all the characters before the party lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That ***** better have a Charlotte echo or something considering she stole Charlotte's best spell
Nah Charlotte's WAY cooler.
She can like, summon **** from her books and Sypha just does generic mage garbage.

Plus we all know we have to have a switching mechanic with JONATHAN, CHARLOTTE, JONNATHAN, CHARLOTTE

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Hold up

Excuse the sloppiness of the highlight, but it seems Princess Peach's Castle is in fact in the game, but renamed, as I believe PPC is the only song from melee to include both the ground and underground themes from smb1.

This new name would also make sense considering other songs have gotten renamed such as Rainbow Cruise now being called "Slide" as seen in the image, and Poké Floats is now "Pokémon Red/Blue Medley".

Looks like there was nothing to worry about.

D

Deleted member

Hold up

Excuse the sloppiness of the highlight, but it seems Princess Peach's Castle is in fact in the game, but renamed, as I believe PPC is the only song from melee to include both the ground and underground themes from smb1.

This new name would also make sense considering other songs have gotten renamed such as Rainbow Cruise now being called "Slide" as seen in the image, and Poké Floats is now "Pokémon Red/Blue Medley".

Oh yeah, that's right, they're renaming those songs.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm going to a Smash Bros party on the 7th, so I'm taking the whole day off. Hoping I can unlock all the characters before the party lol.
On the 8th I'm also going to a Smash party and I've taken the responsibility to bring my copy of the game

Which is why I'm eager to unlock all characters within less than 24 hours

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
No offense, but waiting 10 minutes only to unlock a random character you may not want doesn't sound nearly as good as going down a straight set path for your character.
I mean, it's not like Lucina is a difficult character to play.

She's arguably one of the most straightforward characters in Smash history.
It was joke, really. I'll likely do the easier route, I'm just not a fan of Lucina. XD

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I’m doing a Smash Party two weeks after release for my friends and I can take time to get used to our characters and find new mains etc. My friend made a nice little Chain Chomp Trophy. He might make a Golden One and we’ll have that be the first place and the regular one be the second place.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm just gonna have one or two people over a few days after I have the game and if I haven't unlocked everything they can eat my pants

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I’m doing a Smash Party two weeks after release for my friends and I can take time to get used to our characters and find new mains etc. My friend made a nice little Chain Chomp Trophy. He might make a Golden One and we’ll have that be the first place and the regular one be the second place.
That sounds pretty rad, yo.

I just got my Switch in the mail today, so I'm pretty excited.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I think I figured out the way I'm going to unlock the characters

I'll be playing time matches of 4/5 minutes long, which should mean I can unlock a character every two matches.

It's a great way to get to know the 100+ stages now that they're all available from the start.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think I figured out the way I'm going to unlock the characters

I'll be playing time matches of 4/5 minutes long, which should mean I can unlock a character every two matches.

It's a great way to get to know the 100+ stages now that they're all available from the start.
If you really want the full roster ASAP just turn the game off after unlocking someone. Restarts it and then the timer's already full and you can unlock someone after a quick VS match. Lather, rinse, repeat, full roster in an hour or so depending on your VS match length. Set it to single stock and SD the whole time to make it even quicker

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright 1.5 hours to unlock everyone sounds reasonable.
Just hope it gives me a notification once it's all unlocked.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If you really want the full roster ASAP just turn the game off after unlocking someone. Restarts it and then the timer's already full and you can unlock someone after a quick VS match. Lather, rinse, repeat, full roster in an hour or so depending on your VS match length. Set it to single stock and SD the whole time to make it even quicker
God I get wanting to unlock people but that sounds so boring.

like I'm gonna be doing everyone's Classic anyway, I might as well have fun and unlock people while trying everyone out.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Alright 1.5 hours to unlock everyone sounds reasonable.
Just hope it gives me a notification once it's all unlocked.
Palutena seems to be the last one when unlocking outside of WoL/Classic so even if there isn't that should be your cue (the miis are unlocked by creating a fighter of each category)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hold up

Wait, Checker Knights was cut!?

Aw... that was one of my favorites.

At least we have the awesome new City Trial remix in, and Celestial Valley appears to still be present, so it's fine.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

like I'm gonna be doing everyone's Classic anyway, I might as well have fun and unlock people while trying everyone out.
Yeah same, but I get why people would wanna do this ASAP, such as for events (of any size) that they wanna do immediately.
I think that's a reasonable thing to want, too. Game is hype.

I have the luxury of not wanting to do that though so I can take my time, like most other people.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I think it's just people who want them all off the bat or to have a specific character.
(May be worth it in some cases too where you just want the roster for a tourney or something)
But yeah I think it's worth playing through with what's there and steadily get new ones to play with :)

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Castlevania's Netflix series kinda made me want Sypha in Smash lol.

Also apparently Chrom and Lucario are both unlocked by Yoshi. Which one has priority though?
I’ve actually been wanting Sypha for a while... :p

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Like Flyboy Flyboy said it does sound kinda boring

Think I'll just stick to my original plan I'm sure I'll unlock everyone before the deadline

It's not like I'll be able to get sleep anyway knowing that I have the freaking game in my custody

AIM0001

Smash Lord
That sounds pretty rad, yo.

I just got my Switch in the mail today, so I'm pretty excited.
That’s awesome dude! I just got mine on Thanksgiving. I had to be one of those people who waited outside of a GameStop. Only waiters 45 minutes and I was like 5th in line though. So far I have Mario Kart 8, Pokken DX, and Undertale so far. So ready for Smash Ultimate!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So... to unlock Ridley I have to unlock Lucina... and to unlock Lucina I have to unlock Marth... oh godammit...
You got be kidding

Marth can be the second character to unlock in world of light and it does add them to the roster

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Wait, Checker Knights was cut!?

Aw... that was one of my favorites.

At least we have the awesome new City Trial remix in, and Celestial Valley appears to still be present, so it's fine.
I think I heard it was cut due to licensing issues, because the song originates from Right Back At Ya, which stinks as it was one my favorites as well.

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Hold up

That's good to hear. It might be a little confusing at first since the songs are renamed, but it probably won't be too bad after I get used to the new names. Also, "??? probably something obscure" despite "- Super Mario Bros." being in the title. :upsidedown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom