• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Master Hand dittos evo 2019, confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Slime could work, based on the multiple different Slimes there seems to be (I haven't played DQ) and plus it's, well...a Slime, it can just stretch part of its body and use it as a limb...

tbh it'd be the only DQ character I'd be interested in, although I wouldn't complain about the others (I simply wouldn't care).

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not surprised either.
I'm just surprised that someone would go their way to leak that DM
It's the Geno thread, what else would you expect? Those people are desperate for any proof that the SE rep could be Geno. It's why they're taking "don't take him seriously" as a sign of personal bias instead of a disconfirmation.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
I think Slime could work, based on the multiple different Slimes there seems to be (I haven't played DQ) and plus it's, well...a Slime, it can just stretch part of its body and use it as a limb...
Well, we have Jigglypuff and Kirby in the game, I'm sure they can make slime work

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well...at least if this SE rep thing is true, it’s not Sora. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not necessarily he is on the list. And we should take things like this with a grain of salt. Stuff like this has happened to Vergeben before, didnt Loz18 leak his conversations too? Unless Vergeben confirms who it is, anyone on that list we shouldn't rule out. Even Slime as much as I really would not want that to happen.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
If Sephiroth is the rep... I really want to see how they would manage the Masamune

That thing is almost twice as long as Cloud's

D

Deleted member

I wonder how big spoiler guy controls. He has so many moves but there’s only so many buttons.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Do we need a topic for Master Hand as a character now?
The guy said Master Hand is UNLOCKED in the CSS as well. So you can use her in Free For All and etc as well

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
It's the Geno thread, what else would you expect? Those people are desperate for any proof that the SE rep could be Geno. It's why they're taking "don't take him seriously" as a sign of personal bias instead of a disconfirmation.
Aka denial, right?
Why the hell would we do that? The game isn't even out yet, Bud.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
If we get a second FF7 character before we get even a sliver of any content from the first six I'm going to pop a blood vessel. My rage will be uncontrollable. Uncontainable. My wrath will bring forth a devastating power heretofore unseen in this realm.

Or I'll be slightly miffed for a bit and then get over it. One or the other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Leaking a leaker about Smash leaks.

Also, K.Rool will be my revenger on every Mario, Bayonetta, Marth, Kirby and Corrin player that made fun of me for being a Samus main.

They will finally know the consequences of treating me like trash.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
A DM from Vergeben Leaked, where he...Basically verifies some claim, end up slipping up stuff about the SE characters since said person also had information.
I don't know who did it, or how it did but that DM Leaked.
This seems sketchy. As much as I want to believe this leak DM, mostly because it means Geno is still in the running. I would have to hear it from Verg himself.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
The guy said Master Hand is UNLOCKED in the CSS as well. So you can use her in Free For All and etc as well
Maybe? But I don’t see the point in it since it seems to be a one-time use thing and I don’t buy the claim that MH shows up in the CSS.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Really weird how they got the rights to put him in as a Spirit, but not as a Mii Costume (which would have made his Spirit fight pretty cool). I guess they just couldn't get a lot of the 3rd party costumes back, so for consistency's sake they chose to cut them all. Or maybe they'll just be DLC later as the companies want them to rake in money, who knows.
My guess is that all 3rd party costumes need to be resold.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I wonder how big spoiler guy controls. He has so many moves but there’s only so many buttons.
Well...

In the Melee debug menu, his moves were based on various button combinations. D-Pad up+B, for example. In Smash 64 he was fully controllable, while in Melee he hovered in one place until you pressed a combo. Based on his placement in the images I'm going to assume it's like that. Wonder if this could mean Crazy Hand tag team moves too?

D

Deleted member

If Sephiroth is the rep... I really want to see how they would manage the Masamune

That thing is almost twice as long as Cloud's
He only uses it for his final smash. For his normal attacks he just punches. Make him a little mac echo.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
master hand is a she?

Graizen

Smash Champion
If Geno is disconfirmed based on the leak, then Sora, who had something worse said about him, is too.

I can't tell if this means there's a mode where bosses are playable, it's a glitch, or it's just some secret thing in multiplayer Smash.
The guy said this:

"You need to have all Spirits and Master Hand is Unlocked in the CSS"

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
But Skyward on Switch would be an upgrade, KHIII on Switch would be a downgrade.
Btw,
Cloud CAN be found and unlocked playing through the map, not as many thought at first
I agree my friend, but we shall see anything is possible at this point. I mean seriously I never thought FF15 was coming to the Switch much less FF7, but it is. So we really can't 100% rule out stuff, Nintendo just might surprise us. I did see that, thats good Square is willing to add more content. Im still disappointed about One Winged Angel not being apart of the song choice. However if you look at Vergebens leaked conversation for SE rep, perhaps their is a reason for that.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
This is an example of an off-topic post.
I know this is a spoiler thread but gee.
I hope you like them!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
1) That's.. kinda wishful thinking, don't you think?

2) More talked about isn't necessarily equivalent to most wanted. That would be Waluigi. No, for starters Sora is not Kingdom Hearts, just part of it. Bomberman IS the game. So sorry but what Bomberman left for gaming is far richer than what Sora did. Again, you're investing way too much emotions into your analysis. This is not how things are looked at, just saying. Hint: I think you're mixing Disney's history with Sora.

3) True, that could be a reason. It's a better argument than your latter. Then again, what's closest and have that broader base too is Dragon Quest. There's really no telling of how their marketing mindset works, this is all but assumptions and speculations, none of us know what they're thinking. I mean, Piranha plant.. what fanbae that has broadened? X)

I'm not sure, but I don't think Square has zero say on this, this is way belittling their stature in the project. FF chars. are as important to Square. It's not totally up to Disney, that's what I believe.
1) Not really. They would run on the Switch fine considering they ran on PS3, SE knows a good portion of Kingdom Hearts fans are also Nintendo fans, and they have an entire division for Switch content.

2) Waluigi is already disqualified essentially, so that leaves Sora I believe. Saying Sora is just part of Kingdom Hearts is like saying Mario is just part of Super Mario, Cloud is just part of Final Fantasy VII, Goemon is just part of Mystical Ninja, or Dante is just part of Devil May Cry. He's the main character and face of the franchise. Bomberman isn't the game, just the main character whom the game is named for. I'm really not investing any emotions into this, just stating facts as I see them. I'm not mixing Sora's history with Disney's, no, Kingdom Hearts is a big thing for gaming, likely one of the biggest, most successful crossover series with a huge fanbase, probably just under Super Smash Bros honestly. Definitely one of the most popular RPG series.

3) Speculation is all we have, but educated speculation. Everyone essentially knows that Piranha Plant was Sakurai's WTF pick for this game.

They don't have any say in it. Disney consults with them as a courtesy and sign of respect, as well as to make sure characters are accurately represented, but there is no legal obligation to do so. Disney solely owns the series and all original content. Disney has been asked several times and they said as much. This is why a lot of Kingdom Hearts merchandise removes the Square Enix logo from the Kingdom Hearts logo. It's not belittling to state a fact.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My problem with Slime is that he doesn't represent its franchise's gameplay in the same way the other 3rd parties have:
For example,
Sonic goes fast, Megaman shoots stuff, Pacman bites things, Snake sneaks around blowing stuff up, Simon deliberately whips everything, Bayonetta does SSStylish comboes, Cloud is an anime-style magical warrior. They all represent their main games as they play like how they do in their own games.

Slime... is a generic mob enemy that gets remixed a lot due to its mascot status.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All these years people made fun of me for being a Varia Samus main...

Now that K.Rool, who used to be my most wanted first party pick, is Op... I will finally begin my revenge on those persons.

This will be JDCabrera’s finest hour!

D

Deleted member

Well...

In the Melee debug menu, his moves were based on various button combinations. D-Pad up+B, for example. In Smash 64 he was fully controllable, while in Melee he hovered in one place until you pressed a combo. Based on his placement in the images I'm going to assume it's like that. Wonder if this could mean Crazy Hand tag team moves too?
That’s a neat idea.
Wonder if this is a homage to hand being playable through glitches and hacking before. Everyone really is here I suppose.

Except for duon why Sakurai.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All these years people made fun of me for being a Samus main...

Now that K.Rool, who used to be my most wanted first party pick, is Op... I will finally begin my revenge on those persons.
First you'll have to be good to begin with ;)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sticking with Ryce.

NO ONE knows anything about DLC.

Especially Verge. He had his time with base game, but his run has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom