• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Thing is, there really isn't anything left to spoil, is there?

We know:

Unlocks are random
List of bosses
ALL the Spirits
ALL the mii outfits
How Squad Strike works
ALL the stages
ALL the characters
The WoL cutscenes
Un-used modes like Home Run Contest being in the files

..........outside of DLC, which isn't in the game, what's left?
Super secret unique character #70

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Seems like that nintendo is sending its best ninjas to find those streams and assassinate them for Sakurai's good sake

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
There are so many bandwagon characters missing from the known spirit roster it feels like potential characters were left off the list OR someone scrubbed the list before sharing it with the rest of us.
That would match up with the rumor that we don't know all the Spirits but at the same time it would have all come out at this point I think.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying watching the Smash footage. I feel bad that this stuff happens to hard working developers like Sakurai and his team but that's the thing: it happens. It's not Nintendo's fault. It's not Sakurai's fault. We're not bad people for watching the footage, even if we wish it hadn't happened in the first place.

But hey, almost 12 days left until we all have the game.

These streamers have some friggen balls man. Imagine getting taken down and potentially having legal action taken against you for streaming a game like this. I mean you're playing with fire and those are the consequences. But I can only imagine what that feeling of, "Oh friggen ****!" is like.

I would be surprised if Kaelan goes back up tbh. At least the Twitch chat can be funny.

D

Deleted member

Anybody who starts another stream better spam up b. They need to keep the tradition going.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Seems the kaelan guy is going to try to diguise his stream as a playstation all stars one. lol

And now as megaman. This might get him in more trouble honestly

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Thing is, there really isn't anything left to spoil, is there?

We know:

Unlocks are random
List of bosses
ALL the Spirits
ALL the mii outfits
How Squad Strike works
ALL the stages
ALL the characters
The WoL cutscenes
Un-used modes like Home Run Contest being in the files

..........outside of DLC, which isn't in the game, what's left?
Nothing. It’s just a matter of time before you can play the game with your friends and have a blast.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, Verge doesn’t always have to be right, sometimes people just aren’t always right, you can’t win them all.

Shroob

Sup?
Guys, Verge doesn’t always have to be right, sometimes people just aren’t always right, you can’t win them all.
He doesn't 'have' to be right, you're right.

But if he's wrong in regards to Smash, his career as a 'leaker' is over. And considering how long it took him to admit "It's Incineroar" when Incineroar was common insider knowledge for months, he obviously wants to keep his cred up.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I must have missed it, but what has been said by leakers in terms of characters? I saw there was a thread on /v/ that a leaker said the first character is going to be a female fighter?

I don't know what they're really talking about lol.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
He doesn't 'have' to be right, you're right.

But if he's wrong in regards to Smash, his career as a 'leaker' is over. And considering how long it took him to admit "It's Incineroar" when Incineroar was common insider knowledge for months, he obviously wants to keep his cred up.
Or he didn't know Incineroar was in until months after everybody else did.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Anyone upload pictures of all omega/battlefield forms? This is something i've been wanting to see for a while now.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, he didn't know it for certain, yes, but he was also very confident in "Gen 7", and as far back as July, we have proof his main thing he had heard was Incineroar due to the leaked Loz PMs. It wasn't until.....September, iirc, where he doubled down on Incineroar.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
1543113604672.png

Remember the part in Pikmin where the Smoky Progg turned metal and became almost invulnerable?
(Although the concept of a poison creature turning metal reminds me of the Black Fungus from Kingdom Hearts)

----

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
So I missed out on the Marx fight, so I gotta ask; what kinds of sound clips did he use? Star Allies? Super Star Ultra? Soul?
It sounded new, just 1 voice clip after he finishes teleporting or sometimes after an attack.

But he does have a lengthy death cry similar to Marx Soul. Less ear-piercing, however.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Y'all can complain about Cloud, and Square-Enix and bad representation but...

Jesus ****, Cloud look the coolest in the last part of the classic mode mural.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Honestly, the Minecraft rep being a boss increases the chance of Minecraft themed dlc, if right of course.

D

Deleted member

IIRC, only one source of his said it was Incineroar, and he didn't want to say it was Incineroar specifically because of it.
Only when more sources agreed on it did he actually say it.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
My full DLC prediction is this

1) Geno - SE is being very stingy with their ip's, yet they let them use Geno and Mallow for spirits. And since we know we're getting a SE rep, it makes sense for it to be Geno because they don't have to complicate negotiations or anything like that, and could release him alongside Piranha Plant, the other Mario character (also Geno's mii costume is missing, hmmm)

2) Monster Hunter - Did people already forget about this? It's music is listed with the other fighters music. But sure, that may not be enough evidence, but it's also Capcom's best selling series, has Rathalos as a boss and assist trophy, had mii fighter costumes in Smash 4 that didn't return for this game, a Monster Hunter movie coming soon, and the fact that of all the 3rd parties, Capcom has been playing the nicest with Nintendo (Ken, all the Street Fighter spirits and all the Mega Man and Street Fighter song remixes), so it would only be fair if Nintendo returned the favor by promoting their games that are often released on Nintendo consoles. Also Monster Hunter was in MvC:I...so there's that.....

3) Banjo-Kazooie - After the post I made earlier and all the evidence surrounding the fact that Rare is working with Nintendo on this game makes me strongly believe that Banjo is coming, and will have a lot of Microsoft and Rare content to boot (inlcuding an Ender Dragon boss perhaps?)

4) Sega Rep (Tails or the sleeper pick, Axel (Streets of Rage)) - ok here me out. If SE gets another 3rd party rep, then that leaves Sega and Namco as the only 3rd party companies to only have 1 rep. I'll talk about the Namco rep in a minute, but Tails and Axel are likely for their own reasons. Tails had a mii fighter costume in Smash 4 which is now gone and is a much better Sonic rep than Knuckles or Shadow change my mind. Axel is likely because he could be a nice Sega throwback character, and Streets of Rage 4 is coming out soon, so what better way to promote the game than by putting him in? Just an idea

5) Namco Rep (Heihachi, Lloyd Irving, Yoshimitsu, I have no clue) - This is the only one i'm kind of going to cop out on. While a Namco rep seems very likely, which one we're getting is beyond me. Heihachi was considered for Smash 4, Lloyd has somewhat of a history with Nintendo and in his home game literally controls like a Smash character, and Yoshimitsu, while not as popular, is a character that would fit into Smash nicely, have a fun moveset with him and could represent Tekken and Soul Caliber at the same time (cause he appears in both consistently)

Let me know what you guys think! (I didn't say Dixie because she has a mii fighter hat in the files so rip)

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
View attachment 179616
Remember the part in Pikmin where the Smoky Progg turned metal and became almost invulnerable?
(Although the concept of a poison creature turning metal reminds me of the Black Fungus from Kingdom Hearts)

----
I think it’s more just a reference to Metal Mario. Or a very very obscure reference to Smoky Progg being a larval Mamuta, which are made of rock? Or just the fact that it’s very hard to kill lol

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Saw on Reddit that amiibo don't actually unlock characters.

Guy scanned a Ganondorf amiibo and he didn't get the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom