• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who or what is Xenother?

Vampire Killer espcially!
Especially that
Vergeben confirmed absolute ***** if he knew Sora and Geno were out of the running and didn't say a damn word god damn
Verge tried to be like Sakurai with Ridley in Smash 4 and Shadow/Issac with Ultimate by trying to not break hearts
Xenother has claimed that Chun Li was cut because they couldn't think of a good moveset and then replaced with Ken.

This alone makes me doubt everything he has to say. He not only claims to know who was cut, but why, which is a giant red flag.
and the Chun-Li stuff is absolute bull**** and can’t be trusted

Will the shade thrown at Bayonetta ever cease?
Not until I get to see something new from Bayo 3...or at the least until she learns to stop trying to kill Pit (Pittoo...she can go on ahead in killing him)
And no one's mourning the lack of new Bayonetta tracks. I was really hoping for Moon River.

Which was pretty unlikely regardless, because I'm sure that specific track has some legal issues.
Fly Me To The Moon would’ve been perfect

KMDP

Smash Legend
And you know who fits the bill as a character that wasn't ready and is being released as DLC?

:ultpiranha:
Well, like I said before...

The character cut from the roster, "z92_ whatever", might not be Piranha Plant.

Sakurai told us about Piranha Plant long before the game came out, what would be the point of scrubbing him from the game files?

No, whoever was "cut" is probably still a secret (but they're also first party).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I can't ever imagine being that emotional over a video game character.
Doesn't mean you gotta laugh at people who are, screw off

Can someone fill me in? What happened to Geno? I can’t browse through the thread because i’m at work :(
May very well be deconfirmed due to a leaker who has had contact with Vergeben along with Geno, Bandana Dee, Melmetal, and Banjo.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I just imagine everybody prematurely jumping over a parade of sharks while I blast this Central Highway remix louder and louder.

You'll have 74 characters at your disposal in a mere two weeks people, don't obsess who the extra five are and lose focus of the bigger picture.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
More news at 11!

In terms of the second SE rep, I'd like to bring up this statement from the Cloud interview:

I'd be more than happy with Bartz or Terra as our second FE rep over Sora or Geno.
Bartz with a Job switch gameplay between attack, a Dancer Taunt, and Battle on the Big Bridge OST.

See, that's how you sell DLC like hotcakes childs. No need for Disney-knock off or ****ty pinnocio.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So Vergeben has spoken and surprise surprise! Its a neutral response!

So to connect some dots here. We DO know that a character was cut due to vaanrose vaanrose looking into the fighter reddit post awhile back. (Will find a link)

HOWEVER with how the fighters were listed, 3rd party characters would be shown towards the end of the list.

YET, the number is indicating that this unknown newcomer was towards the beginning of the list (Likely 1st party/Nintendo Character)

SO since Xeno is saying Chun Li was cut, It doesn't line up with what we know from the spoilers we have been getting.

Unless she was scraped super early and traces of her inclusion was wiped clean, I highly doubt Xeno knows jack.

Major Red Flags coming from this guy who has been active for a little over a week.

EDIT: vaanrose vaanrose didn't confirm, just came to a logical conclusion. My bad! :D But it is LOGICAL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I left for like an hour and you guys already went through two separate mini-dramas?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
As long as Arle is still alive, I can handle any information... but ouch, three disconfirmations. Only her and Crash are still happening.

LetterO

Smash Lord
More news at 11!

In terms of the second SE rep, I'd like to bring up this statement from the Cloud interview:

I'd be more than happy with Bartz or Terra as our second FE rep over Sora or Geno.
That quote was in the context of Sakurai adding a FF character. It could very well be those two if Sakurai decided to add another FF character, but there's other options like Neku, DQ rep, and Chrono.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Look, I can care less whether or not Geno gets in; I have no attachment or want for the character whatsoever.

It doesn't give you the right to be happy about the sadness of Geno fans (if this turns out to be true).
I'm not laughing about their emotions. I'm laughing about all the justification that they use to convince themselves than Geno has a good chance at this point. It's still possible but to act all shocked at this point just seems like they aren't thinking reasonably.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I must not be on the same page, or even the same book as everyone else because I don't know why people are really following Hitagi or Xenother. I'm not sure what helps their credibility other than "Verge talked to them." Verge talked to LoZ too and we saw how that turned out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just imagine everybody prematurely jumping over a parade of sharks while I blast this Central Highway remix louder and louder.

You'll have 74 characters at your disposal in a mere two weeks people, don't obsess who the extra five are and lose focus of the bigger picture.
The big picture is that we’ll have 80 characters by the end of dlc...and none of them will edgy (hoping for Tails or any Sega character though...and Shantae just cause)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Something new from the stream...

It seems that DLC was already set in motion prior to Sakurai’s tweet.

There’s a DLC shop and Add-on directory in the hex files.
Isn't that normal? Wasn't that found in Smash 3DS too when that was first datamined?

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't mean you gotta laugh at people who are, screw off

May very well be deconfirmed due to a leaker who has had contact with Vergeben along with Geno, Bandana Dee, Melmetal, and Banjo.
Oh, another “““leaker”””? I dont think that’s something to be concerned about. Verge has been wrong plenty times in the past.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I've reached the phase in this grief cycle that if I can't get Twilight of the Gods, I'm at least content with getting the Berkut theme in Smash. A worthy substitute.

We still need Celica as DLC to address this oversight.
Why they picked Those Who Challenge Gods of all things I'll never understand.
Something new from the stream...

It seems that DLC was already set in motion prior to Sakurai’s tweet.

There’s a DLC shop and Add-on directory in the hex files.
That doesn't really mean much, they just have the shop all ready to go because Piranha Plant will be out soon.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Are you seriously going to tell me with a straight face that Sakurai could make a moveset out of Piranha Plant, yet he couldn't figure out a moveset for Chun-Li?
Like, I know there have been instances such as Heihachi in Smash 4 where they couldn't figure out a good moveset got him, but even then, I would think Sakurai would come out and say there were scrapped characters.
If this is true, I feel bad for Geno fans. I'm not the biggest fan of the character, but if nothing else, they're a persistent and loyal bunch, so seeing this after factoring in what Geno had going for him is disheartening to see.
Let's hope for the best.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That quote was in the context of Sakurai adding a FF character. It could very well be those two if Sakurai decided to add another FF character, but there's other options like Neku, DQ rep, and Chrono.
Yes, but Final Fantasy is still Square Enix's largest franchise by far. One which already has worldwide popularity over their other series outside of Kingdom Hearts.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Busy he might be but it's not going to kill him dead to port over the Infantry & Tanks AT from the Wii U version in the game. No amount of "you can't please everyone" is going to cover for that. And double that for all the niche series that got tracks in this game and for some reason, not Advance Wars.

I'm fully expecting Andy to show up as a spirit along with Will but that's still a pathetic representation of a franchise like this. The only way this can get salvaged is if it had a character as DLC. Only then would this make a lick of sense.
Still. Don't blame Sakurai. Blame Nintendo for not getting Intelligent Systems to make another Advance Wars. Sakurai himself has said that franchises with no future don't get as much priority as active or relevant franchises. To most modern Nintendo fans, like the ones that play Animal Crossing games, Advance Wars is quite obscure.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
More news at 11!

This is my time.
ALRIGHT, LET ME ENLIGHTEN YOU FOOLS.
BARTZ IS ****ING COOL, YO.
His gimmick is job-change and what that means is that he can use every class and weapon from his own game
Or other Final Fantasies.
Bartz.png

Also, unlike Cloud, he's super cheerful and casual. FF5 definitely isn't as emotionally deep as other FFs, but by God is it funny and Bartz plays a large part in it.
Also also, his name is Butz in Japan. make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Can someone fill me in? What happened to Geno? I can’t browse through the thread because i’m at work :(
Some literal who apparently said Geno won't be DLC and now everyone is taking his word as gospel for some...as of yet unexplained reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom