• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Bruh...

It's one thing to say "Sakurai hates this franchise" when it doesn't get a character in game.

And it's a whole other thing to say "Sakurai hates this franchise" when it can't even get an AT that's easy to port over from Smash Wii U and not even a track to compensate. Especially one with as much history as the Wars series.
Or he just doesn't care about it? Doesn't mean he hates it.

D

Deleted member

Will the shade thrown at Bayonetta ever cease?
And no one's mourning the lack of new Bayonetta tracks. I was really hoping for Moon River.

Which was pretty unlikely regardless, because I'm sure that specific track has some legal issues.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Xenother has claimed that Chun Li was cut because they couldn't think of a good moveset and then replaced with Ken.

This alone makes me doubt everything he has to say. He not only claims to know who was cut, but why, which is a giant red flag.
Also, how can you not come up with a moveset for Chun Li? She comes from a 2D fighting game...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that Vergeben has also backed Hitagi having real sources before, and Hitagi's credibility is..... dubious at this point. I'm not taking anything to mean much unless it comes out of Verge's mouth personally.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
That's good cause to give him doubt, because how and why would he know that, let alone why would anyone think Ken wouldn't have gotten top billing considering his status as a Ryu clone from the beginning?
TBF Chun Li does tend to get billed over him in MVC and stuff; but yeah, "knowing" this much feels weird.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
To play against Xenother, Vergeben only said "I have messaged xenother before."

He also messaged loz18 and we all know how that turned out.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
take it from a layton fan have low low low expectations. You very rarely get this sad or mad at people when you dont expect a lot

i can and will complain about Steve. I wo t call you stupid for wanting him

but I sure as hell will complain
Steve is awesome, if you accept this then it will make the future announcement much more enjoyable.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What xenother is saying is concerning, but remember, the only thing giving him credibility is once again just Vergeben having a connection with him. Let's chill, we haven't even seen an official hint as to what we're getting yet.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You guys realize Xenother is fake as **** right? Come on guys do your research. He said Chun Li was cut...we just got an article stating that Sakurai didn’t cut anyone in the project plan this time around. Christ

LetterO

Smash Lord

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You guys realize Xenother is fake as **** right? Come on guys do your research. He said Chun Li was cut...we just got an article stating that Sakurai didn’t cut anyone in the project plan this time around. Christ
Didn't recent reports come out from the data mining, stating that someone was likely cut?

Last edited:

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Someone already mentioned that, over reacting to everything is just in right now.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zinith Zinith @Mr. Wario

Yeah, my posts do read pretty terribly. Could've just said I wasn't a fan of the cut. If you guys are cool with it, that's great! It's suck a minor thing to get into stupid internet argument over. I only really have me to blame for centering the conversation around Yoshi anyway. Ironic, I'm sick of him being the topic of discussion, and it's me that brings it up. I do still have a lot of growing up to do.

I'm not asking for forgiveness, you guys can do as you wish. I just wanted to apologize, sense this outburst was completely uncalled for, and there's no point in being angry.
Sorry for the late response. I was taking care of things...

We're cool, right?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Here comes the people ready to say xander is a fake again...oh joy, more chances for them to hammer it through our skulls.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
take it from a layton fan have low low low expectations. You very rarely get this sad or mad at people when you dont expect a lot
God that's some low ass expectations when i'm not even holding out hope for a character and just wishing for a track; and/or having it's AT back.
Or he just doesn't care about it? Doesn't mean he hates it.
Just as bad. And if so then he's doing to series a major disservice by not doing anything only for not caring.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to reiterate a question that was asked by others and ignored: Who exactly is this Xeno person and why are you giving him the time of day?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well...
I can easily accept Steve if what I get makes me somewhat excited...

Fat chance of that though, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom