• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Just so we don't overhype ourselves, it's a possibility that Stage Builder and Coin Launcher songs are used for menus, Misc, or even the training mode stage.

But still...very suspicious.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nintendo are the weirdest when it comes to character ages.

The infamous "Ash is still 10" doesn't exist for no reason. And I think in Pokemon XYZ they actually aged Ash to be more reasonably 13 since they realized that it kept getting weird for Ash to still be 10 after multiple generations. They even made the trainers in S/M 12 now, I think.
The protagonists of b/w are like 16-17.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait the game was datamined? Aw shoot. As much as I really want to hear some of the new tracks, I don't want to have World of Light spoiled for me. I'm probably not going to be able to bring myself to avoid the internet altogether but I'll at least try to be careful from here on out.

It really doesn't help that there's a little instinct inside me that wants to click spoiler tags out of habit.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
The fact that old theme songs from previous smash games are also in this is fantastic. This IS the ultimate Smash bros.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm not totally familiar with how switch piracy works, if the files were to get out would someone be able to pirate it, or would the decryption stop that?
I don't intend to pirate it, but someone else could and they could spoil it.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Apperentally, I heard that on super smash bros discord, someone is streaming the WoL. but it was taken down so quickly by nintendo ninjas

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's going to be hard to walk around spoiler tags until the release but I really appreciate you guys for using them.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You're like that guy who walked into a burning room with pizza.
Oh, no. I said that while listening to the full Gangplank Galleon. XD

It's a surprisingly long remix, takes a while to loop.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Yo.

Hear me out.

K.Rool, cacophony or whatever. Yeah sure.

But.

Guys.

Listen.

Guy...

SERIOUSLY.

DIVINE BLOODLINE
yeah we knew that was in the game. Crocodile Cacophony is a surprising (relatively speaking, considering K. Rool was only just revived from the grave) addition, especially considering it's fully remixed. It's worthy of all the hype

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bith versions of crowned are in. V2 is a remix

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just so we don't overhype ourselves, it's a possibility that Stage Builder and Coin Launcher songs are used for menus, Misc, or even the training mode stage.

But still...very suspicious.
Probably yeah, I believe Smash Wii U also had some Brawl mode songs for the menu too like Brawl's Trophy gallery song.

Plus their pretty fitting for menu's too as I used stuff like Break the Targets songs in my menu's too when I modded Smash Wii U.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Hey everyone not sure if you have heard. People in Mexico have received a Smash Ultimate copy early. Unfortunately that means the game in now being datamined and is expected to be complete by tomorrow. Its very likely we will know every content in Smash way before the release. If you do not like Spoilers, be careful as there will be a lot of it now.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hey everyone not sure if you have heard. People in Mexico have received a Smash Ultimate copy early. Unfortunately that means the game in now being datamined and is expected to be complete by tomorrow. Its very likely we will know every content in Smash way before the release. If you do not like Spoilers, be careful as there will be a lot of it now.

Where have you been

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone not sure if you have heard. People in Mexico have received the Smash Ultimate copy early. Unfortunately that means the game in now being datamined and is expected to be complete by tomorrow. Its very likely we will know every content in Smash way before the release. If you do not like Spoilers, be careful as there will be a lot of it now.

Piracy has nothing to do with dataminers, but yeah it may be time to evacuate this thread if you dislike spoilers.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

im ok with giving us music but dont do this, Peeps

J0eyboi

Smash Ace

Honestly, I really want to see the game datamined because then we can get reliable frame data.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, at least we know Sakurai made the right decision with not bothering about story too much.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Allegedly Marx is a boss. I would've liked him playable, but this is still way more than I expected (Plus Bandana Dee takes priority)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm going to enjoy the game with or without leaks so really I want everything to come out now selfishly lol.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Allegedly Marx is a boss. I would've liked him playable, but this is still way more than I expected (Plus Bandana Dee takes priority)
God I hope Rayquaza and Porky come back now, especially if rumors are true and Tabuu is now back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom