• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We are getting new guidance calls, but wouldn’t it be great if the DLC characters still used the placeholder one?

:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure the only character in my top five to make it in was :ultincineroar:
Tap Trial Girl, Elma, Ashely, and Bandanna Waddle Dee weren't as lucky, to say the least
If i had to tell my five most wanted picks, they would be K.Rool, some Metroid reps (i wanted at most two), Crash Bandicoot and Snake.

Only Crash is left now, so i will see what happens.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This is great to hear if true. I love unlocking, but with a roster of this size, it had the potential to be such a grind.
Seriously, I'd rather unlock most of them quickly via multiplayer with my friends (so fun just having new characters invade your matches after) and slowly building the roster.

After unlocking everyone and on my own time, I'd play WoL for any bonus and the joy of doing spirit matches since it's a much longer process. It just seems to work better that way

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They gonna start showing Palu's guidances for all the characters? I want to see what she has for K. Rool, Ridley, and Chrom.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
True!
Fingers Crossed for Zoe too of course
Cross them fingers hard unless they break like Spongebob’s
Thanks everyone! I will go and check the videos.
I'm kinda disappointed on them reusing Palutena's Guidance. I was really hoping they'd do something new, like Squid Sisters on the Moray Towers stage. But even if they couldn't do anything new, I would have preferred Snake's codecs over Palutena. Oh well.

And about World of Light, I'm gonna try to not look at stuff and get myself spoiled. I'd rather be surprised at the spirits/bosses myself.
You’re not allowed to be disappointed in the Glorious Palutena taking Snake’s butt and then keeping the secret convos away from all (though I do with we could’ve had both alongside the StarFox stuff)

D

Deleted member

We are getting new guidance calls, but wouldn’t it be great if the DLC characters still used the placeholder one?

:4pacman:
Knowing Nintendo and their story with leaks inside the code of their games, i sadly see that likely unless they find a better way to prevent leaks.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If i had to tell my five most wanted picks, they would be K.Rool, some Metroid reps (i wanted at most two), Crash Bandicoot and Snake.

Only Crash is left now, so i will see what happens.
If Hitagi is right about a second western third party character alongside Steve, I'd wager that it'd be Crash...
He seems logical as he's big in both the west, and Japan... (Something that a lot of western characters seem to struggle with)

D

Deleted member

Oh man, what if Robin’s guidance conversation is unchanged? That would be hilarious, especially if Chrom’s in the match.
Chrom will become a big meme then.

He is in, but everyone else in the game forgets that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh man, what if Robin’s guidance conversation is unchanged? That would be hilarious, especially if Chrom’s in the match.
It's gonna be even funnier when you remember that they compared him to Ike, despite him being a Roy echo

D

Deleted member

Knowing Nintendo and their story with leaks inside the code of their games, i sadly see that likely unless they find a better way to prevent leaks.
Oh, I meant the DLC characters from 4. I’m expecting a placeholder for new DLC guys.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry but for what I'm seeing this "solo" mode is just the event matches mode with a map instead of a menu, more events and a few cinematics. So for me that's not a solo mode in terms of what means a solo in fighting games.
That is quite literally what a solo mode in most fighting games is. You fight the CPU, sometimes with special requirements.

SSE wasn't the standard for fighting game single players, it was very much the exception.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
OK. Time to start giving impressions.

Classic Mode is looking good. I like the new minigame (I hope it can be played outside of classic mode). Varied boss fights is a welcomed changed.

World of light looks interesting. I just hope there are pokemon between the early unlocks or this will be annoying to me.

I am glad Palutena´s guidance returns.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
WoL starts with Kirby -> Mario -> Villager/Marth/Sheik.

And here's Captain Falcon's Classic Mode.
Final boss is Giga Bowser. Theme seems to be something like Furious Falcontact, only fighting Brawler characters (and Roy).

Noipoi

Howdy!
That is quite literally what a solo mode in most fighting games is. You fight the CPU, sometimes with special requirements.

SSE wasn't the standard for fighting game single players, it was very much the exception.
SSE was a sidescrolling platformer beat em' up.
Not many fighting games have that.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I hope world of light is long and takes a while to unlock everybody. I love the process of slowly filling out the roster. Just over 2 weeks everybody!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh. Bandana Dee is a spirit.
6:19
Dunno what to think. We have basically no first party characters if Spirits are deconfirmation though.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They gonna start showing Palu's guidances for all the characters? I want to see what she has for K. Rool, Ridley, and Chrom.
:ultchrom:"Guess who's back and with a brand new Aether recovery move mother****ers"
:ultpalutena:"...Aw ****"

Would have posted Chrom/Viridi portaits instead but early morning Crashboards be Crashboards.
Also normally I don't do rude language but "mother truckers" and "aw shoot" just weren't funny enough.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Spirits are not disconfirmations, you silly people

I hope world of light is long and takes a while to unlock everybody. I love the process of slowly filling out the roster. Just over 2 weeks everybody!
Supposedly unlocking everyone doesn't take too terribly long (because WoL isn't the only way to unlock characters) but I think the mode itself is rather lengthy apparently

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Dunno what to think. We have basically no first party characters if Spirits are deconfirmation though.
Smash 4's original DLC characters were 3rd parties with Corrin in for marketing.

I don't see why it wouldn't be any different here; majority 3rd party with one or two 1st party marketing picks. I've been saying it since before we even knew what the game was; the DLC isn't going to have "fan favorites".

D

Deleted member

*Crash sees Bandana Dee, Elma and Geno becoming Spirits. Suddenly, he realizes that he survived the massacre*

Crash:WOAH!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Smash Ultimate base game: 'EVERYONE IS HERE!'
Smash Ultimate DLC: 'NOBODY'S HERE!'

I joke, but DLC could be quite interesting once the gang finally solves the mystery of the Square Enix rep

D

Deleted member

SSE was a sidescrolling platformer beat em' up.
Not many fighting games have that.
Honestly, SSE was just Kirby with different Nintendo characters. It was awesome, but also understandably never happening again because of the sheer size of it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That would mean Viridi tried to erase Chrom from Smash entirely only to **** up and make more of him to fulfill every spot in Smash possible

D

Deleted member

To be accurate to the true Mother 3 experience, the Lucas call should be entirely in Japanese.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
GUYS.

MY BOY. HE'S IN THE GAME.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Smash Ultimate base game: 'EVERYONE IS HERE!'
Smash Ultimate DLC: 'NOBODY'S HERE!'

I joke, but DLC could be quite interesting once the gang finally solves the mystery of the Square Enix rep
Honestly, I’m almost convinced at this point that there is no Square Enix rep coming. I think Vergeben might’ve gotten bad info.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
where are people seeing bandanna waddle dee as a spirit?

i dont doubt it i just want to see for myself

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Rip Elma fans who thought She would be guaranteed this doesn't decofrim her but that means he chances are way less now And That her and Rex have an equal chance of getting in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom