• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Vergeben #0909 here, with the entire DLC roster list!
I've done it!
Alright guys, here you go:

And you're going to love them.

NOTE: Not an actual leak, leaker, or Vergeben. Or am I? No i'm not.
These are actually supposed to reference characters though. good luck if you figure them out. some are more obvious than others.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not a fan of Shulk's new alts.

How am I supposed to play the based Reyn alt if all I get is Scott Pilgrim wearing a halloween sweater?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
God, I hope they become canon.
Because as is, they're pretty damn stupid both canonically and Smash wise.
ZSS really didn't need to exist in the first place. Her inclusion in Smash is even more questionable.

Imagine if Master Chief or Doom Guy were regularly depicted out of their armor and running around in a jumpsuit with nothing but a handgun. That'd be lame.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Sorry, probably didn't take notice as I wasn't that of a Tekken player. I like joke characters (Goemon's whole game) and that ending was funny. Never thought I'd see those 3 tied up like this X)

Umm well he was actually the lead producer in Ghibli, and his studio is the one behind Mary and Witch's Flower and Modest Heroes. But Toho is not the studio name (that's another studio), the studio name is Ponoc (Studio Ponoc).

He's not a kid and entitled to his own opinions. Yes, that's why I say they should not let him go, though, I asked my friend and he explained a few things to me. The music sounds blan because it was deliberately made as midi not orchestral (now I get why some were annoyed by DQ11's music). It's the format. It didn't bother me but I understand why they were, they have all right to. Also, surprisingly, he seems to own every piece he made. Now although from a DQ fan (not me) stand point this sounds awful, and that's understandable. However, I say good for him for getting the rights to his creative works. You don't see much of that around anymore. After all, that's his bread and butter. I still don't respect a greedy person regardless, so I hope he's not.

She's an energetic open person. Yeah she did, and to me one of Brawl's best tracks. The Tetris remix :)

No U-turns, he just share what he has at that moment, and that is always in a constant change. Unlike Verg who won't share a single thing until he triple checked it. Both seems good to me. Hey, Steve not here, I'm fine with that info.

I've yet to play Octopath. sorry.
Ah if you like joke characters you might like Lee, he has a pretty fun moveset also. And I know right, he is related to the mishima family in that he is Heihachi's adopted son, Kazuya's adopted brother and Jin's uncle.

Oh I really thought Toho were the ones that made Mary and the Witches flower. However if he was the lead producer it makes sense since it looks so much like a Ghibli film.

Well if he owns his DQ music, and does not want to share. That might hurt the chances for a DQ rep unless they make completely new music for the series which would be a weird choice to not include the original music from the series. I do think its good he owns his music, but that creates problems if he doesn't want to cooperate in sharing it.

Yes she seems like such a great woman, and I had no idea she made the Tetris remix thats a really great song.

I don't know he seems to know all of the DLC which seems suspicious. Not even Vergeben has claimed to know the majority of the DLC. For now whatever Hitagi says im going to take it with a grain of salt.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
ZSS really didn't need to exist in the first place. Her inclusion in Smash is even more questionable.

Imagine if Master Chief or Doom Guy were regularly depicted out of their armor and running around in a jumpsuit with nothing but a handgun. That'd be lame.
With Doom Guy being built like a brick outhouse I doubt anyone would mind.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I take it the ZSS sections are a sort of break-up in normal gameplay. It's why so many games have random stealth sections out of nowhere.
Of course, if you were gonna put a remix of a character into Smash, at least keep them somehwat true to their character and not just slap rocket jets to em.

"Oh Kirby sucks, so we have decided to give Kirby a gun" except this applies to a character that was relatively high tier in her first appearance making it all the more confusing.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I can tell I'm late about this again, but I haven't seen it before, so I don't care:

Eh, it's simple, but I can sense the "disappointment".

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That kinda goes against the purpose of Assist Trophies: to have certain characters represented in the game, despite not being playable.
Seriously...people need to get that Sakurai sees assists as a cool thing.
Fans see it as an "insult".

The disconnect there is bewildering.

Although it depends on who the assist is. A character that wasn't expected to be in at all is usually received very well in this role.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can tell I'm late about this again, but I haven't seen it before, so I don't care:

The way Kirby is holding the gun, makes it look like a "delet this" post

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
I've got a feeling that the Square rep would be so far out of left field that the forums crash from the traffic it causes. Don't know what it is. Just got that feeling, you know?

Lalafell for Smash.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

No. More like, "Before DLC, Sakurai and fans saw Assist Trophies as a cool thing. Because even if they didn't get playable, at least their popularity is acknowledged. Now that DLC is a thing, now fans see it as a bad thing cause of the unlikelyhood of them making an Assist Trophy a DLC playable character."

Then you have fans who are willing to take the Assist Trophy, like Shovel Knight fans.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Although it depends on who the assist is. A character that wasn't expected to be in at all is usually received very well in this role.
Doesn’t make me feel any better that Shadow isn’t playable (my only top choice after Inklings...dead and buried underneath his edginess)

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Doesn’t make me feel any better that Shadow isn’t playable (my only top choice after Inklings...dead and buried underneath his edginess)
The Edge will Rise Again! all we gotta do is find a way to say his assist trophy is just a Shadow Android....

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Really?

Why not just the crown?
Or the Pirate hat due to the Blunderbuss?

On a side note it's funny how Kirby inhales him...to be able to inhale people in the Blunderbuss. (Yes there's also cannon balls, but the point still stands)

D

Deleted member

Oooookay then. Alright, time to mix things up a bit for my short term predictions.

Metroid Prime Trilogy announced + Metroid Prime 4 officially revealed.
Geno reveal tease for Smash Ultimate DLC. (Mewtwo-esque reveal)
A new BIG announcement we've never heard of.

Boom, there. I thought the Square rep would be at the end, like last time. Now the timing has caught me off guard a bit, and now I'm feeling a tiny bit more confident in Geno. Two Mario reps in a row would be a bit excessive, but hey, we got two Fire Emblem reps back during Smash For, so sky's the limit lmao

Any other character like Sora or a DQ guy would feel much better reserved for the end like Cloud and Geno more so in the beginning of DLC, IMO.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

I was honestly just expecting the crown.

I'm not sure if the lizardskin is better or worse.

Also Kirby's rocking the BFG. Seriously it's like twice his size!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Edge will Rise Again! all we gotta do is find a way to say his assist trophy is just a Shadow Android....
Then after we bring back the Edge from the Ashes of Geno (cause he’ll be saved for the next game), we save Magnus from the dead

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've got a feeling that the Square rep would be so far out of left field that the forums crash from the traffic it causes. Don't know what it is. Just got that feeling, you know?

Lalafell for Smash.
The guy from the Bouncer

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So if 1.5 out of that 1.8 million are content with the game, but the .3 million are just louder about their opinion, sure. But I've seldom heard people speak positively about the game, so I just haven't seen it.
That's because the game's detractors are extremely vocal, not because they're the majority. Corrin scored one of the franchise's most popular female characters, according to the Choose Your Legends poll, and the even more controversial Camilla (who I myself hate) tends to scored even higher.

There's a lot of oldschool FE fans who feel alienated by the direction Awakening went in, and Fates doubled down on a lot of that. That makes these oldschool fans really vocal, since they want FE to return to its old style. But these are mostly fans of the niche FE games that came before, so again, there's not a lot of them (or us, I suppose, since even though I don't enjoyed Fates I had a lot of issues with it).

D

Deleted member

Has anyone actually nabbed a copy and started data mining Spirits and music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom