• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero

...uh, wow. Never noticed this for some reason, but even more attention to base material is a plus.

D

Deleted member

Can you back that up with actual evidence?

Because if ****ing Katalina from a mobile game is on the table, then there's nothing to say that Sora can't be.
Hitagi came out and said she isn't happening now, though.

Last thing I'll say on DQ VS. CT is this: DQ would probably get something before CT. However, just like I wouldn't undersell DQ, I wouldn't undersell CT, either.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking on how I like to speculate characters, through percentages, imagine it like it's a political race with parties, specifically something like a U.S. race to a big seat or something. You got the Soras, and you got the Genos. Any other third, fourth, fifth, and so-on conglomerate additional party outside of the massive main binary choices are extremely low compared to the big two, and therefore way more unlikely to pop in. Even Dragon Quest.

that's just how i see things, though.

...uh, wow. Never noticed this for some reason, but even more attention to base material is a plus.
Well someone just woke up through five years of hibernation.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How likely is Neku to be the Square Enix rep? With TWEWY Final Remix coming out recently, they could definitely market that. He's also been pretty much close to Nintendo despite being Square Enix. I feel like he's definitely someone Nintendo could've included on their list.

Of course, this is also my insane bias for wanting Neku in Smash speaking.
Unlikely, coming as someone whose highest want from SE is Neku.

While he would be feasible to acquire and has almost primarily Nintendo history, and a future game that will probably be made, he lacks the star-power of most other characters SE has under their belt. I'd say it's quite a similar situation to an SMT rep.

beans

Smash Lord
For one she's probably one of the most if not iconic female video game protagonist and rather big in the 90's.

Anyways still expecting the SE Disney rep to be Sora.
Really big, did you see her pyramids polygon count?
Real talk, shes is still a big name. Everyone knows who Lara Croft is
Kinda weird how SE got her with them. Less weird considering the IP hot potato that happened wit hher tough.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still my prediction granted slightly changed.

Bandana Dee
Byleth or Edelgard/Elma
Lloyd Irving
Sora
Steve
Better keep your beliefs up to immediate change if you're gonna bow down to the feet of other texposters who come out of the blue from literally nowhere.
Tomorrow Hitagi might say Goku is in. :p

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Vergeben's a **** for more than just his comments: he's a **** because he's doing this for the attention and the ego boost, not out of some noble sense of duty or desire to temper people's expectations.

Having said all that, he's a **** with connections and his claims should be taken seriously. Hitagi's credibility is ? until they get something specifically Smash-related right.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Better keep your beliefs up to immediate change if you're gonna bow down to the feet of other texposters who come out of the blue from literally nowhere.
I'm taking the risk and if I'm wrong. There's that sock to eat. I'll probably have to eat it much earlier if Verge eventually gives out his own leak and isn't one of those considering how right he's been.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
You raise some interesting points.
On your first point, while that is true, ultimately that is one person in the giant corporate machine of Disney. He could be fine with it, but higher-ups might not. Nintendo certainly has involvement with WIR2, which is in Sora’s favour, but while that managed to get Ralph in sonic racing, smash is a far more costly and big deal than something like that. I doubt that Nintendo could just go “Hey since we’re working with you on this movie can we put Sora in smash?” It’s not unfeasable, but I doubt it.
Another thing is that Sora made ha appearance in World of Final fantasy as dlc, however due to licensing he was only available for a limited time and has never appeared again. If Sora got into smash, he would have to be dlc, so the same thing would be likely to happen. Do you think Sakurai would be willing to only have Sora available for a limited time?
Like I said, though raised some definitely valid points, I’m just giving my opinion on things.
You know who else appeared as DLC for that game and never appeared again as DLC since their inclusion?... Sephiroth. I don't think it was really any real licensing issues for the Sora DLC. It was advertised as limited from the start to promote the release of the KH 2.8 collection. Just like the Sephiroth DLC it was never really meant to stay for very long and it was kind of an exclusive thing for anyone who decided to get it when it was available. If it was any licensing issues i'm pretty sure it wouldn't have even happened to begin with, it's not like Disney was making or losing any real money from it, it was a free DLC. Same goes for the Sephiroth DLC it was a pre-order bonus and it wasn't really making or losing any money from including.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If we get a second fighter pass, Goku will probably be the last character in it. It would be the most hype reveal for so many people that would perfectly cap of a game called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm taking the risk and if I'm wrong. There's that sock to eat.
There's no reason to take a risk and blindly believe others when you can use your own wants to influence your own beliefs.
I mean I want Fulgore and Ryu Hayabusa and there's nothing you can say to convince me that it's impossible.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yo knowing Sakurai

Imagine the moveset for Slime and Steve

My god this will be so awesome

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we get a second fighter pass, Goku will probably be the last character in it. It would be the most hype reveal for so many people that would perfectly cap of a game called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Really? Another "it HAS to end with a bang!" claim when the past 3 final reveals, including this one, weren't anywhere close to that? :rolleyes:

For reference: :olimar::4shulk::ultincineroar:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the Square rep could be a DQ character but I don't think it'll be a slime. As iconic as that character is I don't think it represents the series well and so I'm inclined to think it'll either be a past protagonist like Erdrick or the DQXI protagonist. I'm fine with either tbh.

D

Deleted member

People are putting DQ and CT against each other when that's really not how it should be. Both games have their merits and it's not really rught to pit them against each other on a game of "who's more popular?". Both their impacts and type of popularity vary. DQ set the ground up for what an RPG could be, CT set a standard for what one should strive to be. CT is regarded as one of the greatest games of all time and beloved by many, while DQ is a popular series and a big phenomenon in Japan.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I think the Square rep could be a DQ character but I don't think it'll be a slime. As iconic as that character is I don't think it represents the series well and so I'm inclined to think it'll either be a past protagonist like Erdrick or the DQXI protagonist. I'm fine with either tbh.
Another Sword character?
No please

Just Crono

D

Deleted member

I’d hope a potential DQ character would be Erdrick. Just makes the most sense to me. Including slime would be like picking chocobo over cloud. I think you should get the big name in first then add the mascot if you get me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d hope a potential DQ character would be Erdrick. Just makes the most sense to me. Including slime would be like picking chocobo over cloud. I think you should get the big name in first then add the mascot if you get me.
I think the biggest reason Erdrick would be chosen over Eight is that he has a canon name.

beans

Smash Lord
Agree, but change him for whoever is the most popular protag.
Erdrick sounds like the Warrior of Light from FF. Represents the old school era but when it comes to represent the series, the popular picks like Eight and Cloud win.

D

Deleted member

You know who else appeared as DLC for that game and never appeared again as DLC since their inclusion?... Sephiroth. I don't think it was really any real licensing issues for the Sora DLC. It was advertised as limited from the start to promote the release of the KH 2.8 collection. Just like the Sephiroth DLC it was never really meant to stay for very long and it was kind of an exclusive thing for anyone who decided to get it when it was available. If it was any licensing issues i'm pretty sure it wouldn't have even happened to begin with, it's not like Disney was making or losing any real money from it, it was a free DLC. Same goes for the Sephiroth DLC it was a pre-order bonus and it wasn't really making or losing any money from including.
I mean Sephiroth was also pre-order bonus from launch, while sora was dlc added a few months after the game released. We don’t know why sora was only available for a limited time, so we can only guess, but I feel like no matter which what way you look at it, it doesn’t bode super great for sora’s chances as DLC.

Anyways going to sleep now.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Vergeben's a **** for more than just his comments: he's a **** because he's doing this for the attention and the ego boost, not out of some noble sense of duty or desire to temper people's expectations.

Having said all that, he's a **** with connections and his claims should be taken seriously. Hitagi's credibility is ? until they get something specifically Smash-related right.
How is leaking info in the first place an "out of the goodness of their heart" action? It's an inherently uncaring action generally done for some kind of attention or fame. I get thinking verge is a jerkwad but to act like leaking anything is an inherently morally good action is quite silly.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I am a bit shocked about how few people think we'll get a gen 8 pokemon for DLC, to be me it seems like a lock to coincide with the release of the game.

Nintendo is going hard af with pokemon right now with Lets go, gen 8, Incineroar, and the movie.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
People hate that he's right because he's a ****.

It's that simple.

Of course, that doesn't make him wrong, it just makes him a ****.
To be fair I feel like he has every right to be a **** when so many people fling as much vitriolic **** at him as they do. Expecting him to be nice to people who disrespect him is asinine, and it's a mentality that needs to stop. This is the real world we live in, if someone treats you like **** you have every right to throw that **** right back at them. Treat others the way you want to be treated, and what not as the saying goes.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
How is leaking info in the first place an "out of the goodness of their heart" action? It's an inherently uncaring action generally done for some kind of attention or fame. I get thinking verge is a jerkwad but to act like leaking anything is an inherently morally good action is quite silly.
But I never claimed he was - I said he was doing it not out of some noble sense of duty or something
I don't think anyone actually think he's some hero or anything, but I don't think there's really any justification for what he does when he could just ... not.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Do you guys think the main protagonist of DQ , Erdrick , will be :

Like this:

DQIII_Hero_Famicom (1).png

Or like this:

300px-Hero3male.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Treat others the way you want to be treated, and what not as the saying goes.
So... what you're saying is... Vergeben is treating people like **** because he wants to be treated like ****, got it.

"Do unto others as you would have done unto you" is a call to be nice to others, not be an asshole.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I am a bit shocked about how few people think we'll get a gen 8 pokemon for DLC, to be me it seems like a lock to coincide with the release of the game.

Nintendo is going hard af with pokemon right now with Lets go, gen 8, Incineroar, and the movie.
Eh, Smasb will get a new recent pokemon game every entry, I don't think it's necessary for Sakurai to put one as DLC, especially if it doesn't have stage or music to come along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom