• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
From Smash wiki: "Jigglypuff has an altered airdodge animation, where it poses more gracefully during the ending lag. "

Important.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I fell asleep for a bit. What now?
Smash finally acknowledges the grace and elegance :ultjigglypuff: possess more.

It's just a slightly altered airdodge animation, no effect on gameplay, I just liked the description.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Definitely need to see Palutena's Guidance return. I need to see what would be said for :ultken::ultincineroar:, and especially :ultchrom:. Anyway, off to look for something cool that I can find.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Definitely need to see Palutena's Guidance return. I need to see what would be said for :ultken::ultincineroar:, and especially :ultchrom:. Anyway, off to look for something cool that I can find.
Chrom needs to rub it in Viridi's face that he made it in, and not as an Ike echo either

osby

Smash Obsessed
That wasn't confirmed, was it?
Nope. Afaik, Palutena and Viridi's voice actresses didn't recorded any new lines. I hope they return but they might have dropped it because time constraints.

Iridium

Smash Hero
From Smash wiki: "Jigglypuff has an altered airdodge animation, where it poses more gracefully during the ending lag. "

Important.
You know what? This makes me laugh bit:

"Yoshi's pummel animation has changed. Now after grabbing an opponent and holding them in his mouth, his cheeks become swollen and jiggle, as if the fighter inside is trying to break out. He also holds his mouth closed with his hands, and he no longer crouches down to the ground."

The entire thing makes me laugh.
Wait....there’s a Magenta and Brown Yoshi?
Not really, in this game.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Pay attention to the scores at the end. Is this a potential glitch/error to haunt us? I've seen another similar thing happen in another match (with PT too, coincidentally), just with a tie.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know what? This makes me laugh bit:

"Yoshi's pummel animation has changed. Now after grabbing an opponent and holding them in his mouth, his cheeks become swollen and jiggle, as if the fighter inside is trying to break out. He also holds his mouth closed with his hands, and he no longer crouches down to the ground."

The entire thing makes me laugh.
I adore his new pummel. Now if only his grab game is better...

osby

Smash Obsessed

Pay attention to the scores at the end. Is this a potential glitch/error to haunt us? I've seen another similar thing happen in another match (with PT too, coincidentally), just with a tie.
It might a bug that resets the score after Pokemon Switch. Like how ledge invincibility resets after it.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Could i possibly get a source for that?
i pray for klonoa in smash and i need something to bolster my hopes
Also Graizen got this info? Im actually shocked.
This is 100% true.
But no one believed me.
Until a friend from the board entered my Reddit acc and confirmed it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thank you buddy, unfortunately I spent the day sick with vertigo ha. So sorry for my late response I just had not been feeling well :(.

Lol its ok you don't have to agree with everything well maybe just Edelgard ha jk. In all seriousness I enjoy seeing your opinion and its very informative as you know much information I do not. Plus having someone debate my picks is interesting as it helps me see flaws in my arguments. Thats the fun part of speculation, the debates ha. You know for some odd reason Oliver and Evan remind me of Studio Ghibli, maybe its the art style. And I love the the Hayao Miyazaki films so Im down ha.

Yeah I honestly have no idea who could go in that free space, though if Hitagi leaks are correct and there is no Nintendo characters. Perhaps a Bethesda rep or Rayman? It Hitagi is to believed we might get Rayman and Steve which would be pretty cool.

And whats your opinion on the following songs?
God of War
Abandoned Memories- I could see a remix of this playing in Luigis Mansion
Dragon Quest 11 Battle Theme- Not gonna lie I don't like it :/, please link some good Dragon Quest music
Yeah I felt so, I was just thinking about you. I assumed you're either having a blast with your BD or just sick. Anyways, you're all well now, that's what matters.
Well that's certainly a sign of maturity. You're on a right track ;)
You're on point with that. Ni no Kuni art was actually done by Studio Ghibli :) It's a dream game for someone like me X)

Music:
GoW: Excellent choice. 117: Didn't fly.
Chibi Robo GC was his best. I think though, this is the best track the game had to offer, perhaps you might agrre X)
Glinting Cosmic Mambo

It is the traditional DQ battle theme, so you won't find fans complaining. I'm not that well versed in DQ world, lore or music, but yes, looking from the outside it kinda sound bland. I guess that's how it is in DQ games, it's kept so traditional. Even the sfx btw.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Whelp, I'm bored...

Starter in all 6 games - :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu:
Starter in 4 games and unlockable in 1 - :ultpeach::ultbowser::ultsheik::ultzelda:
Starter in 3 games and unlockable in 3 - :ultfalcon:
Starter in 3 games and unlockable in 1 - :ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultzss::ultike::4charizard::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultolimar:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 4 - :ultluigi::ultness:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 3 - :ultmarth:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 2 - :ultsonic::ultlucario::ulttoonlink:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 1 - :ulticeclimbers::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 5 - :ultjigglypuff:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 4 - :ultganondorf:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 3 - :ultwario:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 2 - :ultbowserjr:
Starter in 1 game, unlockable in 1 and DLC in 2 - :ultlucas:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 1 - :squirtle::ivysaur:
Unlockable in 5 games - :ultfalco::ultgnw:
Unlockable in 4 games - :ultdoc::ultrob:
Unlockable in 3 games - :ultlucina::ultdarkpit::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun::ultduckhunt:
Unlockable in 2 games and DLC in 2 - :ultmewtwo::ultroy:
Unlockable in 2 games - :ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultsnake::ultwolf:
Unlockable in 1 game and DLC in 2 - :ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta:
Unlockable in 1 game - :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultken::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar:
DLC in 1 - :ultpiranha:

Edit: I count the 3DS and Wii U versions as separate and consider the method to get the Mii Fighters "unlockable"

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Whelp, I'm bored...

Starter in all 6 games - :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu:
Starter in 4 games and unlockable in 1 - :ultpeach::ultbowser::ultsheik::ultzelda:
Starter in 3 games and unlockable in 3 - :ultfalcon:
Starter in 3 games and unlockable in 1 - :ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultzss::ultike::4charizard::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultolimar:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 4 - :ultluigi::ultness:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 3 - :ultmarth:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 2 - :ultsonic::ultlucario::ulttoonlink:
Starter in 2 games and unlockable in 1 - :ulticeclimbers::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 5 - :ultjigglypuff:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 4 - :ultganondorf:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 3 - :ultwario:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 2 - :ultbowserjr:
Starter in 1 game, unlockable in 1 and DLC in 2 - :ultlucas:
Starter in 1 game and unlockable in 1 - :squirtle::ivysaur:
Unlockable in 5 games - :ultfalco::ultgnw:
Unlockable in 4 games - :ultdoc::ultrob:
Unlockable in 3 games - :ultlucina::ultdarkpit::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun::ultduckhunt:
Unlockable in 2 games and DLC in 2 - :ultmewtwo::ultroy:
Unlockable in 2 games - :ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultsnake::ultwolf:
Unlockable in 1 game and DLC in 2 - :ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta:
Unlockable in 1 game - :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultken::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar:
DLC in 1 - :ultpiranha:

Edit: I count the 3DS and Wii U versions as separate and consider the method to get the Mii Fighters "unlockable"
Funny how :ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultwario::ultbowserjr: only get to be starter in one game. Also, so many unlockable-only characters.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Funny how :ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultwario::ultbowserjr: only get to be starter in one game. Also, so many unlockable-only characters.
A lot of those I understand like the "retros" and the Echo Fighters, but the one that baffles me that was unlockable only was :ultfalco:

Also, did you know that my boi's series is the only one that has all of it's fighters available at the start?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Also, did you know that my boi's series is the only one that has all of it's fighters available at the start?
To be fair, he's also the only one out of the original eight franchises that has never gotten more than a single character.

"All of it's fighters" essentially means "Yoshi".

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
To be fair, he's also the only one out of the original eight franchises that has never gotten more than a single character.

WHAT?!!! Say it isn't so!!! :yoshi:

-------------------------

Anyways, more bored ****

You know how the CSS is ordered by having 5 rows of 13 and the bottom has 6 + 3 Mii Fighters + Random button? Well I know that it's not seemingly likely that we'd be able to organize it into series, but I gave it a go to see how it'd work. I put all the Mario sub-series together (as it adds up to 13, and it ignores DLC so no :ultpiranha:) and put all the 3rd parties together at the bottom. Here's what I found...

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultness::ultlucas:
:ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:
:ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:
:ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters:????

Perfect match...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

The sky is blue... Smash Ultimate is on the Switch... etc. etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Huh, rather slow morning here lol.

Well, since I have no idea what to say, how about I ask you which Zelda games you prefer between the match ups below:
A Link Between Worlds vs Breath of The Wild
Wind Waker vs Majora's Mask
A Link To The Past vs Ocarina Of Time
Twilight Princess vs Skyward Sword

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
So, is there a list of every new move or move animation in the game?
Edit: just saw how little people there are, crazy especially after the days where there were hundreds no matter the hour

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Well, since I have no idea what to say, how about I ask you which Zelda games you prefer between the match ups below:
A Link Between Worlds
Wind Waker
A Link to the Past
Twilight Princess

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

A Link Between Worlds (yes, really)
Majora's Mask
A Link to the Past
Skyward Sword

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Breath of the Wild
Majora's Mask
........ Ocarina of Time, but not because I think it's a better game (I abstain from that conversation), I just generally have more fun with it.
Twilight Princess

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, is there a list of every new move or move animation in the game?
Edit: just saw how little people there are, crazy especially after the days where there were hundreds no matter the hour
I think we know each move except Mii Fighters, not sure about them.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Breath of the Wild
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess

D

Deleted member

Alright, now for Metroid,
Super Metroid vs Prime
Zero Mission vs Samus Returns
Prime 3 vs Fusion
Hunters vs Prime 2

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
WHAT?!!! Say it isn't so!!! :yoshi:

-------------------------

Anyways, more bored ****

You know how the CSS is ordered by having 5 rows of 13 and the bottom has 6 + 3 Mii Fighters + Random button? Well I know that it's not seemingly likely that we'd be able to organize it into series, but I gave it a go to see how it'd work. I put all the Mario sub-series together (as it adds up to 13, and it ignores DLC so no :ultpiranha:) and put all the 3rd parties together at the bottom. Here's what I found...

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultness::ultlucas:
:ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:
:ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:
:ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters:????

Perfect match...
Not counting dlc , it's crazy how perfect this matches with the way series are ordered on the site. Sure combining the Mario series but that happened in 4 so???

God I hope this is an option, what a beautiful CSS it would be. I'm worried it isn't though because Sakurai talked about so many things I feel he would have brought this up :/

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman

Breath of The Wild
Wind Waker (I've never played Majora's Mask)
A Link To The Past
Twilight Princess

Alright, now for Metroid,
Super Metroid vs Prime
Zero Mission vs Samus Returns
Prime 3 vs Fusion
Hunters vs Prime 2

Super Metroid
Samus Returns
Fusion (I keep changing my mind about which to pick)
Prime 2 (Never played hunters)

D

Deleted member

You know what, I'm just going to compile this question into one big post.

Metal Gear Solid:
MGS 1 vs MGS3
MGS 4 vs MGS 2
Peace Walker vs MGS 5

Castlevania:
Rondo of Blood vs Super Castlevania IV
Order of Ecclesia vs Aria of Sorrow
Symphony of The Night vs Portriat of Ruin

Pokemon:
Emerald vs Platinum
Black and White vs Heartgold and Soulsilver
X and Y vs Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon