• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
I was going over the music tracks for Dragon Quest. And pardon my ignorance on the subject, but is there some very great music tracks they would include if a Dragon Quest character got in? I went over Dragon Quest11's music and its just ok.

Im just curious based on the seemingly high confidence lately, that the Squares rep will most likely will be a DQ rep.
Quite seriously, most of the iconic Dragon Quest music is specific town music, the main battle theme, boss battle and OVERTURE

Uematsu is infinitely the more talented composer and also not a racist fossil

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I was going over the music tracks for Dragon Quest. And pardon my ignorance on the subject, but is there some very great music tracks they would include if a Dragon Quest character got in? I went over Dragon Quest11's music and its just ok.

Im just curious based on the seemingly high confidence lately, that the Squares rep will most likely will be a DQ rep.
Aaaahahaha that's a whole can of worms

DQ composer is INCREDIBLY strict on the usage of his music in ANY game except Japanese Dragon Quest games

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It'd be really cool, there's only one problem.

That would require Nintendo to release Mother 3 to the West.
I know but like...

if we get Masked Man in Smash they have like every reason to release it alongside it.

I can dream...

Put Earthbound Beginnings on NES Online while we're at it

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Hello?!!! I feel like I'm shouting in the abyss and no one's hearing me!!!
"LOUDER, SON!"
"BUTTLICKER! OUR PRICES HAVE NEVER BEEN-!"
"Give me the phone."

I have been wanting another MOTHER rep since Brawl, and I've never liked the idea of Porky in his Absolutely Safe Capsule. Masked Man would be perfect. (Although so would Poo)

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Verge actually talked about Steve again recently on GameFAQs. Granted, it was in a more speculative manner, but he kinda hinted that Steve being a character might actually be legit because of how DLC is working this time.
Stuff like this is why I remain on the fence about purchasing the Fighters Pass.

D

Deleted member

I appreciate how it's all from the first game.

I'm sure DKC 2 and 3 have awesome songs, but i've only played the first one. So these songs are more personal to me.
ALRIGHT, WE'RE IN THE "SAD TOTS ARC" BUT YOU'LL GET THIS ONE "SCOTT ARC" CAMEO.

How in the HELL do we NOT have any remixes from Donkey Kong Country 3? The game might be considered a black sheep, but it really is the most experimental game I think the SNES Era has seen and it really shows.

They practically pushed the SNES to the limits again with the graphical fidelity, the music was interesting and everything else was just as how you expect DKC to be. Also that ****ING FINAL BOSS THEME. Why do we not have this remixed yet.

Here's a "Genesis-ized" version of the theme. You can do SO much to make it sound like literal sex. Come on, Sakurai, PLEASE at least have this song in the release build.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
If it's anyone but Jade for the DQ rep, the one solace I can take is that Akira Toriyama's brilliance is in Smash Bros. Heh

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Aaaahahaha that's a whole can of worms

DQ composer is INCREDIBLY strict on the usage of his music in ANY game except Japanese Dragon Quest games
Oh wow I had no idea, i wonder how they will incorporate his music if theres is a DQ rep. Given on what you're saying it may be difficult to get the composer to agree.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna go on a limb and say the supposed Namco character is Heihachi. Sakurai wanted him in Smash 4 but couldn't make him work; if he found some way to implement him then I'm positive he's at least been considered.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
All the DKC rage and I just want to know if Dark Samus' themes are in. We learned the Zeta Metroid theme from Samus Returns made the cut so there's hope I guess.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Does Vergeben saying he trusts the person inherently mean that the person's word has the credibility of Verge?

Also, don't you just LOVE it when posts you personally like get lost in the shuffle?
Considering Verge trusted Loz, it don't mean much.. Maybe Hitagi had some info that lined up with Verge's?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if the game comes out and there isn't any Minecraft content at all, that's gonna be a big "HMMMMM" for me.

In that case, either Verge was wrong about Minecraft content, or Steve's coming.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Stuff like this is why I remain on the fence about purchasing the Fighters Pass.
Buy the Fighters Pass. You're going to buy all the DLC anyway at some point, and if you get the pass you don't have to spend money on Piranha Plant. It's not like it'll be cheaper when they release (unless we get 16% inflation over the next year)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Oh wow I had no idea, i wonder how they will incorporate his music if theres is a DQ rep. Given on what you're saying it may be difficult to get the composer to agree.
It would need to be game rips. No remixes or anything.

Basically like what Final Fantasy got.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Masked Man would be amazing tied in with a Mother 3 port FINALLY, but let's be honest here.

It won't be that.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Honestly, if the game comes out and there isn't any Minecraft content at all, that's gonna be a big "HMMMMM" for me.

In that case, either Verge was wrong about Minecraft content, or Steve's coming.
I don't expect any Minecraft content in the base game, no way Nintendo would go to Microsoft just for some Spirits. It's DLC or bust.

Noipoi

Howdy!

And as we all know by now, Verg gets his leaks directly from The Lord himself. So he can't be wrong.

Minecraft content is coming, lads.

Double K

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind if Katalina got in. There's plenty of material for her to have a unique moveset, and we could always use more waifus in the roster anyways.
Ehhhhh

She's cool as a GBF rep, but it's honestly hard to imagine her as just another Marth-like. I'd rather one of the Dragon Knights, Gran/Djeeta, Albert, Vira, Zooey, any of the Eternals, or Rosetta

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I'm just gonna go on a limb and say the supposed Namco character is Heihachi. Sakurai wanted him in Smash 4 but couldn't make him work; if he found some way to implement him then I'm positive he's at least been considered.
It could potentially be Jin as Bandai Namco is trying to push him as the new face of Tekken. Now that Heihachi has died story wise, it could be that they will push Jin like they did in Tekken 3. Though I admit this is a very slim chance, it most likely would be Heihachi.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Buy the Fighters Pass. You're going to buy all the DLC anyway at some point, and if you get the pass you don't have to spend money on Piranha Plant. It's not like it'll be cheaper when they release (unless we get 16% inflation over the next year)
I suppose one of the reasons I'm on the fence is cause none of the Smash 4 DLC picks truly wowed me, like I enjoyed Ryu, Cloud and Corrin but none of them were characters I was gunning for and this period sounds no different beyond KOS-MOS having a chance.

But yeah I'm probably gonna invest in it anyway and pray for season 2 with a new Sonic character.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
It's the closest we'll ever get to Goku being in Smash.
The only thing closer would be Crono, but I'm not even going to set one foot through that theoretical door or else I'll die of hype overload.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I do feel a little bad for saying this, but...

Gosh, I hope the Steve rumors are true so bad. I absolutely love the idea of Steve, and it would super nostalgic as I played the heck out of Minecraft as a young teen. Not to mention the music it would bring is top tier stuff.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If we got:

- Chrono/Sora
- Masked Man
- Steve
- Heihachi
- Katalina

I'd be fine with that wholeheartedly, and would dig 3 of the 5 fighters at least entirely (Steve and Katalina really aren't my cup of tea but I'm sure theyd be fun to play).

Also doesn't stop there being a 2nd season in the future or possible echo fighters releasing separately on the store page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom