• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fane

Smash Journeyman

How does this song, Having a Good Time, fits this Smash commerical video very well?
>Shooting Star moving through the sky + Kirby crash landing on warp star and Arwing flying through the sky
>200 degrees + That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit + Charizard
>Flying at the speed of light + Captain Falcon getting btfo'd by DK
>Defying the laws of gravity + MEWTWO
>passing by like Lady Godiva + Isabelle jogging past and POSE, Peach + Zelda POSE
>there's no stopping me + Pit trying to KO Ridley but he's like "NAH Imma hang on to your weapon sir"
>SUPER SONIC + SONIC
>Having such a good time + Inkling literally doing that
>Having a ball + SMASH LOGO IS A SMASH BALL

it's perfect, I love it, play this at my funeral

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just lemme put this in perspective

We live in a timeline where we must seriously entertain Steve Minecraft, Katalina from a Japan-exclusive mobile game, and potentially a Bethesda rep.

What the **** is happening

D

Deleted member

As the resident Granblue nut.

Ya'll a buncha horny mother-****ers, lol
We're all just animals when you really get down to it.
That said I've always been neutral on Katalina and what has happened in the past 10 minutes changed nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Katalina seems fine but nothing about her is overly exciting to me. Another fantasy sword wielder is whatever, she'll have an original moveset, and people gravitate towards those characters, but Granblue has more to offer than that in terms of uniqueness. To my very limited knowledge, at least.

Guess this is FE syndrome where the most central character is often deliberately bland neutral...

But I'll buy her simply because she doesn't put me off like some other contenders do, which I guess is the bar for acceptability these days. The fact that she has basically no presence with Nintendo would've bothered me a few years ago but I'm pretty broken by now. :teeth:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Honestly, part of the reason I want Katalina in Smash is so we can get GBF's banger tunes like this

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Where is the idea of a Bethesda rep even coming from, Hitagi denied Bethesda being involved.
Not that I trust them mainly because I want DOOMguy but they're what everyone is basing DLC on...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Katalina seems fine but nothing about her is overly exciting to me. Another fantasy sword wielder is whatever, she'll have an original moveset, and people gravitate towards those characters, but Granblue has more to offer than that in terms of uniqueness. To my very limited knowledge, at least.

Guess this is FE syndrome where the most central character is often deliberately bland neutral...

But I'll buy her simply because she doesn't put me off like some other contenders do, which I guess is the bar for acceptability these days. The fact that she has basically no presence with Nintendo would've bothered me a few years ago but I'm pretty broken by now. :teeth:
Granblue has SO much more to offer from my brief knowledge of the game but since when has Smash really gone for that, sadly

Where is the idea of a Bethesda rep even coming from, Hitagi denied Bethesda being involved.
Not that I trust them mainly because I want DOOMguy but they're what everyone is basing DLC on...
I looked in Hitagi's comments and did not find a trace of this.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
You know, this reminds me of one of my favorite parts of NieR

Shh NineS what're ya doing this is like one of the best parts of the game don't spoil it

Also did Hitagi confirm Katalina or something? I'm not seeing anything in his comments and all of you are sudden;y talking about it like it's a certainty or something.

Shroob

Sup?
My Discord guild for Granblue(Yeah, Granblue has guilds like WoW does), is having a collective chuckle.

Say, "Hi Discord!"

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Lemme say this again tho.

If Nintendo puts in Katalina they are ****ing morons. Japan-exclusive. Not the MC of the game she's in. 5 dollar DLC.
Like...I don't think somebody can argue this point.

But hey....Nintendo does what Nintendon't.
Consider the following:
Everything Looks like Granblue is trying to get popular in the west with a western release of Project Re: Link (which will probably come to Switch and is looking like a great game rn) and the Mobile game. So Nintendo and Granblue, knowing that that will happen, will add Katalina (While not the MC, seems like a Mascot of the series (partially cause of her looks) to Smash right when Granblue gets talked about, boosting Granblue’s popularity even higher and making her seem like a logical choice from a, at the moment, popular universe

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly I'm 50/50 on Katalina's inclusion.
I love her and Granblue Fantasy, but I'd be really weird for her to come in as paid DLC.
I want Granblue to become more well-known outside Japan, but including her in Smash may do more harm than good.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Thank you for finding this.

The reason I'm bringing up the prospect of a Bethesda rep is due to the tight bond Nintendo and Bethesda have established, and a Bethesda staff member stating a simple "Oh yeah." to if they've talked about Smash with Nintendo.

I think that...even if he's right, Hitagi may not have the whole picture. So there's no point constricting ourselves with the "nopes".

D

Deleted member

My Discord guild for Granblue(Yeah, Granblue has guilds like WoW does), is having a collective chuckle.

Say, "Hi Discord!"
Hello Discord!

I am a Crash Bandicoot, Metroid, Fantastic Four and Godzilla fan from Spain!

Any franchise can return with enough effort!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Consider the following:
Everything Looks like Granblue is trying to get popular in the west with a western release of Project Re: Link (which will probably come to Switch and is looking like a great game rn) and the Mobile game. So Nintendo and Granblue, knowing that that will happen, will add Katalina (While not the MC, seems like a Mascot of the series (partially cause of her looks) to Smash right when Granblue gets talked about, boosting Granblue’s popularity even higher and making her seem like a logical choice from a, at the moment, popular universe
Oh no man it's still stupid as hell lol
I don't think there's any real need to defend it. You can still totally want GBF rep in Smash. But it's undoubtedly a very poor idea, at least for the customers who are gonna buy the product. Primarily Western customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom