• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Dangit. Just saw Gardevoir in the Pokeball listing on the site.. Not that it woulda been even REMOTELY likely as DLC but cmon! SO much for Generation 3..

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
>Olimar
>Top Tier
Uh oh.
I'm thrilled. Was so disappointed Smash 4 rendered him so useless, I loved his Brawl days.

I had to take him out of my rotation, and I haven't played anything other than friendlies in years. He was that bleh.

Lucina being up there makes me happy. Only characters Im sad for their placements so far are Dark Pit, Bowser, and Palutena.
Palutena's treatment within Smash has got to be one of the most disappointing things in the entire series. Yes her moveset looks a little better than last time, but it's still such a poor, underwhelming representation of the characters' potential. Even without it being apparently rubbish competitively, again. :(

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
I still can't get over how people thought Chrom was gonna be the good Roy, only for Roy to be the one high on the tier list.

Well, as Chrom says, anything can change.

Chrom is in a weird spot for me from what I heard.
American top-players seems to says he have issues/He's bad.
Mew2King says he have good potential to be better than Roy in some MU
Abadango saying he's good.

And then there the footage we saw from the Spain invitational where...Well, Chrom seems to be absolutely scary in the Neutral Game on-stages, but once off-stage it will be hard to comes back.

Honestly, I feel like Chrom will be that character where you'll get one wonder player that will show-off how great he can be, but no one else will be able to replicate said feats.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know what I REALLY wished we could of gotten....

Muramasa Demon Blade content

Specifically Momohime........

Would of been awesome.
As a big big BIIIIG Musramasa fan whos first username was Oboromurama Alpaca, yes

its a crime that the game have no Muramasa music

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Simon is basically a faster, beginner friendly Dhalsim.
I mean:
Axe - Yoga Fire
Holy Water - Flame Carpet (His VT1 from SFV)
Downward kick move
Cross - Yoga Flame (Only similar)
Overall long reach throughout moveset
Trap/Grapple move to Cinematic (Simon's Grand Cross, and Dhalsims Ultra 2 from SF4)
If Dhalsim ends up being a semi-clone DLC character for Simon because of this.....

....my finger might accidentally hit the “Ban user” button.....

I jest....

...maybe

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
User was warned for this post; censor dodging(Please type out the full word instead. Let the auto censors take care of it)
So I return!

THANK YOU SMASH ULTIMATE FOR GIVING ME INTEREST ON CASTLEVANIA!

I have finished Castlevania Symphony of the Night and I got to say, it is a ****ing great game!

Metroidvania style game with upgrades and RPG elements along side a vast size of the castle filled with secrets makes me filled with awe and a motivation to explore more. It is a fantastic game all-round!

After finishing Sympthony of Night, I will try Rondo of Blood where Richter ALSO makes an appearance there!

Sympthony of the Night made in love for Richter and I am STOKE to play him! I am immediately going to be Richter main when Ultimate drops! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm thrilled. Was so disappointed Smash 4 rendered him so useless, I loved his Brawl days.
I love Olimar too, but it concerns me because of just how unfun he can be to play against and I don't want him to get the Melee Puff/Smash 4 Bayo reputation.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Simon is basically a faster, beginner friendly Dhalsim.
I mean:
Axe - Yoga Fire
Holy Water - Flame Carpet (His VT1 from SFV)
Downward kick move
Cross - Yoga Flame (Only similar)
Overall long reach throughout moveset
Trap/Grapple move to Cinematic (Simon's Grand Cross, and Dhalsims Ultra 2 from SF4)
Ummm... Wow... that's one way to put it...

Potato_

Smash Lord

And then there the footage we saw from the Spain invitational where...Well, Chrom seems to be absolutely scary in the Neutral Game on-stages, but once off-stage it will be hard to comes back.

Honestly, I feel like Chrom will be that character where you'll get one wonder player that will show-off how great he can be, but no one else will be able to replicate said feats.
Recovery is one of his biggest problems it seems like. They gave him a strictly worse Aether when it comes to recovery, and he doesn't have Ike side b so he really doesn't have any other tool to get back on stage.

I mean I'm still gonna play him but that part is definitely disappointing. Will have to make the best of his neutral game.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Frankly this is the reason why tier lists and the like are developed by groups of people rather then individuals because there are simply limits to what people can determine on their own especially when playtime is currently as limited as it is.

Guess it doesn't matter that much to me as the tier lists generally matter to those at the higher levels and interested in the competitive scene which I am neither lol.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

You pretty much have to make Chrom a beast on-stage to compensate for obvious shortcomings in the opposite department.

I love Olimar too, but it concerns me because of just how unfun he can be to play against and I don't want him to get the Melee Puff reputation.
Fair enough. Back in Brawl no one I played against bothered getting good with him, so my experience comes primarily from being the only one who knew how to use him :laugh:

That said I've never received more anger for choosing a character than when I'd pick Cloud, so I'm actually glad he's getting nerfed. Kinda sucks when you choose a character simply because you like them but everyone assumes you're just tryna get the easy win.

Though I suppose that's Smash's equivalent of first-world problems. xD

KMDP

Smash Legend
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
*looks at predicted tier list*

*looks at mains list*

Works for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've bought a lot more digital games than I wish I had simply because I really didn't want to wait until they were imported and also pay even more for them.
Fates, Pokemon Moon, Shadows of Valentia, Octopath and now My Hero One's Justice.
My Switch still has mostly physical games but that's not saying much and Etrian Odyssey V was the last physical game I bought for my 3DS and the only one in quite some time as before that I'm pretty sure it was Smash 4.
So I return!

THANK ULTIMATE FOR INTEREST ME ON CASTLEVANIA!

I have finished Castlevania Symphony of the Night and I got to say, it is a great ****ing game!

Metroidvania style game with upgrades and RPG elements along side a vast size of the castle filled with secrets makes me filles with awe and wanting to explore. It is a fantastic game all-round!

After finishing Sympthony of Night, it makes me loving Richter a lot more! Cannot wait to play Richter! :)
No, you're supposed to want Alucard after playing it!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

wait...all of the characters I like are average and above this round?

Like...I don't have to have a bottom tier Zelda or Dorf anymore? This is looking fun!
And both Links being better than both Pits makes me very happy. Yeah, there's a third, but I really only care about two of the Links.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I know this is a common opinion, but I'm just annoyed (and quite feel negative) by fanfics with a really unsympathetic protagonist who does really awful **** towards others around her/him, and not only expects love because of her/his past (Despite still doing terrible abuse/neglect/you name it that is not something like murder), but are also considered "good" because they don't do "Villain" stuff or she/he truly "loves" her/his friends. I've would've been fine if any of her/his friends called her/him out of it within at any point in the fanfic, or make the main character an unreliable narrator, but those two usually (From what I've read) don't happen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know this is a common opinion, but I'm just annoyed (and quite feel negative) by fanfics with a really unsympathetic protagonist who does really awful **** towards others around her/him, and not only expects love because of her/his past (Despite still doing terrible abuse/neglect/you name it that is not something like murder), but are also considered "good" because they don't do "Villain" stuff or she/he truly "loves" her/his friends. I've would've been fine if any of her/his friends called her/him out of it within at any point in the fanfic, or make the main character an unreliable narrator, but those two usually (From what I've read) don't happen.
It's a good thing I don't read fanfic, dohohohoho.

... Unless you count FE:Revelations, double dohohohoho.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dangit. Just saw Gardevoir in the Pokeball listing on the site.. Not that it woulda been even REMOTELY likely as DLC but cmon! SO much for Generation 3..
And why do we need an arbitrary generation filled to meet a quota that only affects some type of pseudo-OCD?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kingslime, what you're describing there is just one of many, many types of Mary Sue, the Jerk Sue.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
More often then not it seems to be written out of the fear of creating a 'Mary Sue' by making them edgy and dark. Basically overcompensating to avoid a character being too perfect lol.

D

Deleted member

*sees Samus at the bottom tier lists once again*

Nah, i'm just messing with ya.

Besides, It's not like I have a deep rooted insecurity that i'm not good enough for love and sometimes seeing other people be happy together reminds me that i'm a sorry excuse of a person who should probably just stop breathing or anything.
You alright?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I want Gardevoir in just because I like that pokemon, honestly.
I am with you on this but at this point we'd be lucky to get anything cuz the only gen 3 pokemon that COULD work (before the Piranha Plant Factor) is Aggron.

Edit: On second thought lets get that

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
So I return!

I have finished Castlevania Symphony of the Night and I got to say, it is a f***ing great game!

Metroidvania style game with upgrades and RPG elements along side a vast size of the castle filled with secrets makes me filled with awe and a motivation to explore more. It is a fantastic game all-round!

After finishing Sympthony of Night, it makes me loving Richter a lot more! Cannot wait to play Richter! :)
Super Castlevania 4 is the best one for me
But SoN is great as well

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
For Smash I'm going digital. Similar to Splatoon 2, it's a game I'm going to play enough times that I don't want to swap cartridges in and out constantly.

D

Deleted member

It's a good thing I don't read fanfic, dohohohoho.

... Unless you count FE:Revelations, double dohohohoho.
Don't you know? All of Fire Emblem's stories are fanficitons!
So I return!

I have finished Castlevania Symphony of the Night and I got to say, it is a f***ing great game!

After finishing Sympthony of Night, it make me love Richter a lot more! Cannot wait to play Richter! :)
Symphony of the Night's great. It's tied with Portiat of Ruin for me. But Aria of Sorrow is the best.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I never pay too much mind to the tier lists, during Smash 4 I beat a number of 'top-tier' characters with Shulk multiple times in my very casual play of the game, mostly because Shulk was the major one I played so I knew the character enough to get by in general matches online. Not everyone can pick up a top tier and simply dominate. The tiers only matter at higher levels of play where both players have a mastery of the game mechanics to the point where those differences between characters add up where they don't on a casual basis.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

The Rat has come to claim his dominance one more time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom