• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I flip-flop on digital and physical. I have several of both on my PS4 and Switch and it usually depends on how excited I am for any given game, if there's a physical-only special edition for it I want, or if I'm just feeling ****ing lazy and want it as soon as possible.
I ended up in option B for Ultimate.
First game I went digital for because of that exact mixture of hype/laziness was Dragonball FighterZ.

Then I realized how much I was missing out on in the convenience department by going physical and my lazy ass never went back.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
So, ZeRo thinks Pikachu is better than even Bayonetta?

If this means people stop hating on Bayonetta then I'll take it...

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
It would be really cool to have the dope looking box... buuuuuuut I love how fast it is to switch between digital games on my switch so I think I'm just gonna get it that way.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 176756
This makes Pikachu sad...

Nah, i'm just messing with ya.

Besides, It's not like I have a deep rooted insecurity that i'm not good enough for love and sometimes seeing other people be happy together reminds me that i'm a sorry excuse of a person who should probably just stop breathing or anything.
And I'll be stealing that pic too thank you!
Seriously though, dude don't be like that, you don't need no women to be considered 'good enough'.

*incoming cheesy words* I think your cool just the way you are. I know your comment was just for laughs but I just wanted to point that out.... and I didn't want to reply on something so depressing.
To cheer you up, here's a couple of dorks dancing their sorrows away.
Mario and Yoshi dancing.gif

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
So, ZeRo thinks Pikachu is better than even Bayonetta?

If this means people stop hating on Bayonetta then I'll take it...
Honestly I'm kind of hyped for Bayo in Ultimate for this exact reason.

Hopefully they nerfed her to reasonable levels and we can see her without the entire community rolling their eyes.

I hated her dominance too (and the constant off the top kills), but I always thought her moveset was fun to watch.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And I'll be stealing that pic too thank you!
Seriously though, dude don't be like that, you don't need no women to be considered 'good enough'.

*incoming cheesy words* I think your cool just the way you are. I know your comment was just for laughs but I just wanted to point that out.... and I didn't want to reply on something so depressing.
To cheer you up, here's a couple of dorks dancing their sorrows away.
View attachment 176757
It wasn't for laughs I legitimately feel this way.
Thanks though I appreciate it.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Might be a bit off topic, but I just had an idea for a villain for a Fire Emblem game! An Anti-Villain who knows what she's doing is considered evil in general, but she feels that she's need to stride on in that path in-order to ensure the best of peace in the world for everyone (Kind of like Lelouch), however she's does them around the place instead of creating a war, and is more similar to a small group like the previous Fire Emblem games that grows over the course of the game. Her ideology is inspired by someone from an invading army that did it to end more conflict.

There will be a reveal that it was actually Sakura from after the Conquest timeline under a different appearance and name (For reasons I didn't finalized yet).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hopefully Shiek is nerfed enough that people don’t play as her in tourneys cause she’s the most boring character in the game.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One thing I was a bit dissapointed was our base stage list. I get it but we could if had two more like from Sun/Moon and Samus Returns. I do think we might be getting one more though. The Direct obviously didn’t show everything about the game. Plus, there are the DLC stages.

I wanted to focus though on stages that you want to see appear in Smash but you know they never will because it circumstances. Like the stage belonging to a game that’s already represented or perhaps from an unpopular franchise/unrepresented franchise.

For me, it would include:
-Moo Moo Farm
-a Hoenn-based stage (maybe one that travels)
-Bellsprout Tower
-Clock Town
-Palace of Twilight
-Phendrana Drifts
-Katina (Star Fox)
-The Museum (Animal Crossing)
-Sagat’s Stage
-Katashiro Shrine (Fatal Frame)
-Endless Ocean stage
-Spring Stadium

I mean, Yokai Watch failed miserably in America to catch on, and even in Japan it's going the way of the "90's-early 2000's Monster game craze" game.

My local Gamestop is full of discounted stuff from Yokai Watch.
That’s news to me. I still see tons of my students with yokai watch stuff. It’s still going strong here with the elementary school kids.

I must away that Smash is huge right now. It’s being pushed EVERYWHERE. I wak past the toy section of my supermarket and I hear the E3 trailer, August trailer, or the music. At the shopping mall. Everywhere.

I was passing back some homework to my 5th graders and calling out their names while using Xander’s voice and some of the kids were like “You sound like Smash Bros.!”

It’s big.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Gotta love how Samus has not really improved much at all over 19 years.

At least Ridley and R.O.B. look decent.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I already pre-loaded Ultimate digitally. I don't go out too often these days. And as cool as picking up Brawl and Smash 4 (both versions even) on Launch day was (In Brawl's case I even went to the Midnight release at a nearby Gamestop). It's cool to immediately be able to play once Midnight strikes.

As opposed to the possibility of a store having a shortage of copies (Because you know damn well this game is going to sell like hotcakes in it's first week, not only do you have all these Smash fans but you also have many parents getting it for the Christmas rush for their kids) and/or an online store shipping it a week late because of so many orders (Since I didn't exactly pre-order the game earlier). I did get a hefty SD card (About 128gb) to be able to take care of it and some other games I've also gotten digitally. So I should be good.

Potato_

Smash Lord
View attachment 176759
My physical Switch games collection so far. Going to be adding Smash to it in less than a month :p Sorry for glare Im a bad picture taker.
Okay I am legit jealous of that Genesis Sonic Mania case.

Granted I got the limited edition so I can't complain.

One thing I was a bit dissapointed was our base stage list. I get it but we could if had two more like from Sun/Moon and Samus Returns. I do think we might be getting one more though. The Direct obviously didn’t show everything about the game. Plus, there are the DLC stages.

I wanted to focus though on stages that you want to see appear in Smash but you know they never will because it circumstances. Like the stage belonging to a game that’s already represented or perhaps from an unpopular franchise/unrepresented franchise.

For me, it would include:
-Moo Moo Farm
-a Hoenn-based stage (maybe one that travels)
-Bellsprout Tower
-Clock Town
-Palace of Twilight
-Phendrana Drifts
-Katina (Star Fox)
-The Museum (Animal Crossing)
-Sagat’s Stage
-Katashiro Shrine (Fatal Frame)
-Endless Ocean stage
-Spring Stadium

That’s news to me. I still see tons of my students with yokai watch stuff. It’s still going strong here with the elementary school kids.
Venus you took all of my answers cmon.

To elaborate on the Hoenn stage, I always thought Sootopolis would make a beautiful stage.

EDIT: I forgot Radical Highway. I would LOVE that stage, but with no Shadow I don't think it'll happen.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I go physical when I can. I can grab them for cheaper most of the time since stores will have their own sales, can sell them, let friends borrow them, and full game installation + update usually takes as long as going to the store and back anyways.

Not always the case though, as seen by MVC2. No way in Hell im paying that much for the ps2 version, I just emulate it

ZelDan

Smash Master
>Megaman, ZSS and Simon in strong

>Bayo and Cloud in very strong and might not be top tier or OP this time around

I'm very okay with this

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

To elaborate on the Hoenn stage, I always thought Sootopolis would make a beautiful stage.
I got the PS4 Limited edition as well. I bought the game twice lol <_<

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I go physical when I can. I can grab them for cheaper most of the time since stores will have their own sales, can sell them, let friends borrow them, and full game installation + update usually takes as long as going to the store and back anyways.

Not always the case though, as seen by MVC2. No way in Hell im paying that much for the ps2 version, I just emulate it
I ended up buying my copy of MvC2 on PS2 for like $80

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
I swear they're all gonna underestimate my boi

Also why is Mii Gunner listed but not the other two?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Great minds think a like. I had a lot more but I wanted to reply to the yokai watch thing. I’ll put more up later.

I tend to write posts three hours before I post them because I get sidetracked by a silly thing called life. That’s why my post originally was taking about Chrono since it was SE reps was the “topic of the minute” here.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I still can't get over how people thought Chrom was gonna be the good Roy, only for Roy to be the one high on the tier list.

Well, as Chrom says, anything can change.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I like getting digital copies because it saves me the trouble of switching out cartridges, but I've got the Best Buy membership so it's cheaper for me to get physical, and I get day 1 shipping to boot. I won't be able to play the game at midnight but that's probably for the best, I need to sleep although I'm not sure how I'll sleep knowing that I'll be able to play Smash Ultimate so soon. I also made sure that when buying a carrying case for my Switch I got one with a lot of pockets to carry cartridges around in, so I've still got room.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know what I REALLY wished we could of gotten....

Muramasa Demon Blade content

Specifically Momohime........

Would of been awesome.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Lucina being up there makes me happy. Only characters Im sad for their placements so far are Dark Pit, Bowser, and Palutena.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

Mii Gunner was used in the spain invitational.

As for Mii Swordfighte and Mii Brawler... they've gotten absolutely no information or footage outside of the very short Spirits mode where Sakurai played Swordfighter against a shrunken CPU controlled Mii Brawler.

So there quite literally is no information to base Sword and Brawler off of currently. As a Brawler main, it's kinda annoying.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Now hold up I just noticed that Zelda is in strong too.

As someone that used to play Zelda in Melee and Brawl that is REALLY great to see.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
>Megaman, ZSS and Simon in strong

>Bayo and Cloud in very strong and might not be top tier or OP this time around

I'm very okay with this
That's alright, it got kinda boring in my circles winning every time I picked Cloud. :awesome:

We'll see...

And probably because there's insufficient footage to analyze from the other two so far.

I still can't get over how people thought Chrom was gonna be the good Roy, only for Roy to be the one high on the tier list.

I can see how Chrom's kit makes his recovery abysmal.

D

Deleted member

>Olimar
>Top Tier
Uh oh.

Nobody was expecting Roy to be as strong as he was, and everybody underestimated how bad putting aether on Roy would be.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Simon is basically a faster, beginner friendly Dhalsim.
I mean:
Axe - Yoga Fire
Holy Water - Flame Carpet (His VT1 from SFV)
Downward kick move
Cross - Yoga Flame (Only similar)
Overall long reach throughout moveset
Trap/Grapple move to Cinematic (Simon's Grand Cross, and Dhalsims Ultra 2 from SF4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom