• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I love the feeling of having a physical copy myself but I seriously can’t wait to play this game that I preordered the digital version. That way I can stay up until I receive the download code email, start downloading, go to sleep and have the game ready for me to play in the morning. I’m just an impatient person when it comes to certain things.
Crap, I didn't think if the wait times.
I might just have to cancel my preorder and get it digital...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just walk into a store and buy it lol

always worked then always works now

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
ZeRo released his video discussing why he thinks Pikachu will be the best character in Ultimate. I played 'chu and loved him in 4 so that's nice.

Still, take it with a grain of salt.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In my Smash history the only purchases I've personally made are Smash 3DS and three copies of Brawl. :laugh:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Eh nowadays, I'm afraid of losing these little cartridges so digital's ideal for me in this case.
Also helps to know that I'll always have it in the backup without needing to remember where I put the cartridge.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
ZeRo released his video discussing why he thinks Pikachu will be the best character in Ultimate. I played 'chu and loved him in 4 so that's nice.

Still, take it with a grain of salt.
"In honor of Smash's upcoming 20th anniversary, we've decided to make Pikachu the best character again. By the way, did you notice that Pikachu Libre is OP?"

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I preordered the special addition from gamestop to be shipped to my house. I also purchased the guide and Ridley amiibo from amazon.
Hopefully everything gets to me on the 7th. So I can play it all day. Take the day off.

otherwise, I will be waiting for it on the weekend and will take the monday off if I have to.

And if there are delays, I might end up buying a second copy digitally just to play it

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I personally think FE fans are the entitled ones. The series already has far more characters than it needs and they're still asking for more.
Most FE fans don't want more characters tmk, Just better ones. A good chunk of the current FE characters in the game are variations of the first one, meanwhile every single one is a sword character.
It represents the series pretty horribly. Meanwhile its few stages barely have anything to do with the series itself and it took until this game for the series to get any items at all or any ATs past Lyn. One of the ATs basically throwing out the chances of the series most popular villain and one of the series most well liked manaketes.

Outside of sheer numbers FEs representation is pretty bad and most FE fans I know of would rather switch out some current ones and add in a bit more variety more so than more characters.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 176754
This makes Pikachu happy!
Oh believe me.
It won't.
If ZeRo's predictions come to pass he explicitly mentioned that Pikachu is an annoyning pain-in-the-ass character that everyone will hate to actually fight.
And that hate's gonna be channeled into salt, a LOT of it, directly addressed toward this little yellow rat.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Do you ever just...look at your switch...and you know ultimate is already downloaded onto it...it's right there....you could play it...but you can't yet...even though it's there...waiting....asjkfb;kgsdugh[oghohsdgdj
You don't understand how badly I want a demo.

I'll take just the base roster of Smash 64, hell I'll literally take just Mario vs Link. I just want to get a feel for the game's mechanics.

In the whole "Digital vs. Physical" debate, the physical case is nice but the benefits of digital are just SO damn convenient. If I have the choice I'll go digital.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Man, I have work on release day. I've got it preordered at a gamestop I can hit on my way home, but I'm also working early on Saturdays... no playing for me until Saturday night...:c
...and the week after is also ridiculously busy, so really no binge playing until about the 19th :c:c

After that though...I got a nice long vacation from work until mid January to play a lot of nonstop Smash :psycho:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh believe me.
It won't.
If ZeRo's prediction's come to pass he explicitly mentioned that Pikachu is an annoyning pain-in-the-*** character that everyone will hate to actually fight.
And that hate's gonna be channeled into salt, a LOT of it, directly addressed toward this little yellow rat.
Pretty much this.

Pikachu's Thunder + aerials + throw combos seem broken with the new air dodge mechanics. Thunder is a free hit based on how fast Pikachu can act out of it. Miss the air dodge, get hit. Successfully air dodge, get hit by the follow up.

But you know, there might be a few hard counters. As discussed, the game isn't out and ZeRo's short list of characters who will be good in Ultimate isn't short at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh believe me.
It won't.
If ZeRo's prediction's come to pass he explicitly mentioned that Pikachu is an annoyning pain-in-the-*** character that everyone will hate to actually fight.
download (10).jpg

This makes Pikachu sad...

There is no winning here is there
Nah, i'm just messing with ya.

Besides, It's not like I have a deep rooted insecurity that i'm not good enough for love and sometimes seeing other people be happy together reminds me that i'm a sorry excuse of a person who should probably just stop breathing or anything.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I tend to like physical if just because I don't have a big enough SD card to fit all my games so being able to pop it in and install real quick is super helpful to me when I need to take things off or play them again.
Also like my stack of games cases.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pretty much this.

Pikachu's Thunder + aerials + throw combos seem broken with the new air dodge mechanics. Thunder is a free hit based on how fast Pikachu can act out of it. Miss the air dodge, get hit. Successfully air dodge, get hit by the follow up.

But you know, there might be a few hard counters. As discussed, the game isn't out and ZeRo's short list of characters who will be good in Ultimate isn't short at all.
I have a solution: :ultsimon: spam everything that can move :ultrichter:

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Besides, It's not like I have a deep rooted insecurity that i'm not good enough for love and sometimes seeing other people be happy together reminds me that i'm a sorry excuse of a person who should probably just stop breathing or anything.
Someone give Noipoi a hug.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
TGA reveal is just so confusing to me.

It being Geno makes sense if Nintendo selected the characters because they love TGA now and would want to push a Smash character; if you're watching TGA you're likely a pretty hardcore gamer and if you like Nintendo, as Nintendo would care most about, you probably know Geno at this point.
The only people who know Geno are people who played SMRPG and people who are really into Smash speculation.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I tend to like physical if just because I don't have a big enough SD card to fit all my games so being able to pop it in and install real quick is super helpful to me when I need to take things off or play them again.
Also like my stack of games cases.
We are one and the same.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
The best timeline is the one where Ganondorf is the King of the tierlist, that's all if you want my opinion

SonicMario

Smash Master
Pikachu will obviously be the best character in Ultimate as a true celebration of the series.

By having the original Top Tier from SSB64 have a reign once more after 20 years :V

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Aw, dude don’t feel that way. You can pm me if you wanna talk. I’m willing to listen. *sends virtual hug*

D

Deleted member

I flip-flop on digital and physical. I have several of both on my PS4 and Switch and it usually depends on how excited I am for any given game, if there's a physical-only special edition for it I want, or if I'm just feeling ****ing lazy and want it as soon as possible.
I ended up in option B for Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom