• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I had no idea that happened, due to this information I could them choosing not to put him in then. It is possible they may find another VA though, its a tricky situation.

Hmm that is true, so they might put him in for that reason. However due to his VA dying as stated above, and them trying to shift focus on putting Jin as the new face of Tekken. They may choose to go the Jin route, I suppose we will have to wait and see. Side note im all for Jin vs Ryu in Smash, but Heihachi would be nice too.
IMHO no Tekken rep will be joining. Namco is for Lloyd if anything imo.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
All I know about Yo-Kai Watch is the latest one had a trailer that referenced the Ecto-1 from the Original Ghostbusters in it and that was just the most epic thing I ever seen out of a game i know nothing about.

D

Deleted member

shut the **** up dude, some people actually do like yokai watch no matter what your pokemon loving *** says. people want characters form that game in smash too, so don't be a piece of **** about things other people like
Holy **** what the hell happened while I was gone?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
All I know about Yo-Kai Watch is the latest one had a trailer that referenced the Ecto-1 from the Original Ghostbusters in it and that was just the most epic thing I ever seen out of a game i know nothing about.
heres the final boss of the game (the japanese version at least, they changed it in the states and you can probably tell why)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hell, the only reason I even remember Beyblade is because it still has a strong following(Somehow), and.........****ing tops man. Who the **** could ever forget something like that.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Mostly being aggro because he was coming at me. I don't have an issue with most people. Just some folks ruin Smash discussion because they have some beef about something you said about a party game. Its petty bull**** thats too common on SmashBoards.

My point is that the claim that Sora is unexpected doesn't really match with reality. You can look what I showed in the other post about all the discussions and images of Sora being in Smash. It doesn't seem like people doubt him that much. Its far from a lot of other characters who people claim will never happen.

Let's be honest with ourselves, if Sora was revealed, would folks be that surprised? Would it be as surprising as Richter, Ridley or Piranha Plant. Sure, Sora has a licensing issue but that's not an end all be all hurdle. Most people doubt it because Disney can be hard to deal with but not impossible. The context of my post was more on surprise and being totally unexpected. Even so, can we really say that more than doubt Sora than think he could be in. Its hard to prove if that is even the case, so I'd be inclined to say he isn't.
What exactly does that have to do with anything though? Are you trying to say Sora being expected is a negative to him being in Smash? It doesn't really mean anything to say that because you're stating something that doesn't really matter.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Hell, the only reason I even remember Beyblade is because it still has a strong following(Somehow), and.........****ing tops man. Who the **** could ever forget something like that.
(i just want to note that beyblade is far more of a sports series than a monster collecting one... and its still more popular than digimon is)

((and i really like digimon))

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Well it appears that Nintendo has already selected the stages and characters for Sakurai. So Crash Bandicoot is not completely out of the picture, however, Spyro likely is. As is Coco Bandicoot since none will be Echo Fighters.

So, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman,
Ribbon Girl or another ARMS Fighter,
I'm hoping Gallade as a Pokémon due to his Prominent use in ORAS and his ability to transfer over well with Lucario, Mewtwo, Ryu and Ken's attacks.
Also Gallade is a satisfactory Gen III remake rep to me.
and as for fighter number 5, I would hope it be Spyro, but sadly the money is on something easier to produce, such as Dixie Kong

Hold on everyone, adding Dixie Kong to my poll click here to vote for newcomers for the next Smash game

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I tried to overtake Pokemon, but at this point Pokemon is immortal.
At least the anime of Yokai Watch was pretty good. Sure, there were some weird Yokai monsters I didn't like, but there were some episodes that were very funny like that Will Smith reference which was a Will Smith Yokai. I hate to say it, but Yokai Watch might end up like Digimon where their anime was good while their games didn't sell quite as much unfortunately (then again I don't know much about the Digimon game sales).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Thinking about Leakypandy stating TGA reveal would be a DQ rep.

Why is Verge giving that the light of day? He states if they're not lying or don't have misinfo that could be it.

"I don't know when it will come out or be revealed yet. If LeakyPandy is not lying or told something incorrect, there was a tweet that they put out at some point back that the Square Enix character would be DLC and announced at The Game Awards. They hinted at the character being from Dragon Quest too."

Leaky seems like the last person who would know the rep.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Id be ok with that, Tales of Symphonia has some really incredible music. And LLoyd would play different from other sword users so that could work. The question is though are we sure it will be LLoyd, from what I seem to understand about the Tales series isn't Yuri more popular?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Why is Verge giving that the light of day? He states if they're not lying or don't have misinfo that could be it.

"I don't know when it will come out or be revealed yet. If LeakyPandy is not lying or told something incorrect, there was a tweet that they put out at some point back that the Square Enix character would be DLC and announced at The Game Awards. They hinted at the character being from Dragon Quest too."

I would sooner believe Loz18 at this point but Verge himself seems to be too trusting of other "leakers" imo. He trusted Loz for instance!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Id be ok with that, Tales of Symphonia has some really incredible music. And LLoyd would play different from other sword users so that could work. The question is though are we sure it will be LLoyd, from what I seem to understand about the Tales series isn't Yuri more popular?
Nah Lloyd is undoubtedly the face of the series. I don't care for Tales but he's very much pushed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What exactly does that have to do with anything though? Are you trying to say Sora being expected is a negative to him being in Smash? It doesn't really mean anything to say that because you're stating something that doesn't really matter.
I was responding to someone saying he was expected. That's the epithets of this conversation.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
A-And every country l-loves Geno...
The funny trivia. Until 2008 that statement wouldn't have been true because the original Super NES version of Super Mario RPG wasn't released in Europe for someone bizarre reason so most people in Europe probably didn't know he existed prior to that point.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Maybe because ever since kencineroar was confirmed people have been all over him wanting to know who's in the game, and he's trying to give out as much info as possible

The funny trivia. Until 2008 that statement wouldn't have been true because the original Super NES version of Super Mario RPG wasn't released in Europe for someone bizarre reason so most people in Europe probably didn't know he existed prior to that point.
but why tho

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Lloyd got a mii fighter outfit so I think he’d be the choice.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm aware but they've had 10 years to get used to the guy aha

ItsYio

Smash Rookie
Tbh im most likely expecting another FF character from square. I think Warrior of Light might have small chance of being in smash. Very small chance though, since there are way more popular and easily recognizable FF characters to choose from, like Tidus, Tifa, Lightning, etc. etc. The original FF was on the NES so he does have that legacy going for him but idk how likely it is that Nintendo would put that into consideration. At the end of the day they are a company, and they'd be more inclined to choose a popular character that they know lots of people would pay for.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I had no idea that happened, due to this information I could them choosing not to put him in then. It is possible they may find another VA though, its a tricky situation.

Hmm that is true, so they might put him in for that reason. However due to his VA dying as stated above, and them trying to shift focus on putting Jin as the new face of Tekken. They may choose to go the Jin route, I suppose we will have to wait and see. Side note im all for Jin vs Ryu in Smash, but Heihachi would be nice too.
Heihachi's VA died before too, this is why they made him become younger in Tekken Tag Tournament and Project x Zone out of respect for that VA before using a new VA for old Heihachi in Tekken 7...they'll recast him again or use old voice clips.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
At least the anime of Yokai Watch was pretty good. Sure, there were some weird Yokai monsters I didn't like, but there were some episodes that were very funny like that Will Smith reference which was a Will Smith Yokai. I hate to say it, but Yokai Watch might end up like Digimon where their anime was good while their games didn't sell quite as much unfortunately (then again I don't know much about the Digimon game sales).
i can assure you, the games are better than the anime... gets. past the 100 episode mark the anime starts getting real bad, and then the sequel series they're doing is very Mediocre. basically the same mean spirited jokes start repeating and it kind of loses its heart outside of a few bits.

generally the games have more focused plots and are better at keeping a tone that can border between comedy and drama. the first yokai watch movie is actually one of my favorite movies because of this, its basically just a straight adaptation of the second game with filler removed and condensed down to the more dramatic bits

yokai watch has some good designs, you can point to the "lol that one's ugly" designs but those are also half of the point, yokai in mythology are either mischievous or straight up evil so they aren't usually portrayed as being cute and marketable (tho obviously yokai watch has those too). there are even good creepy designs, like the actually terrifying tamamo no mae thats in the new movie

and also yeah they are still making yokai watch movies because the series is still popular enough to warrant them

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm not sure who'd get in as the Namco rep; it's probably a competition between Heihachi, Lloyd, and KOS-MOS. While I do have my personal preference (you can probably figure out which one), I don't think one is a clear cut frontrunner over the other two. It mainly comes down to who Nintendo would want to push most.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm not sure who'd get in as the Namco rep; it's probably a competition between Heihachi, Lloyd, and KOS-MOS. While I do have my personal preference (you can probably figure out which one), I don't think one is a clear cut frontrunner over the other two. It mainly comes down to who Nintendo would want to push most.
IMO KOS-MOS isn't actually in the running

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Why, the grand daddy of "Music theory means no new Pokemon", "Vergeben is always wrong because he's been wrong in the past", and the classic, "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" of course.
Who me? Jk was actually still am very pro Vergeben. lol

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Talking about the VGA-

Nominee will be shown November 13.
If Dragon Quest/and/or KH III are present, we can get ready
(DQ will probably be in RPG selection, while KH III will be in Most Anticipated game of 2019 if everythings goes okay)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Nah Lloyd is undoubtedly the face of the series. I don't care for Tales but he's very much pushed.
That's not surprising Tales of Symphonia was probably one of the first games in the series to gain a lot of attention internationally. There were Tales games released prior but none of them really did well from what I recall in North America.

but why tho
During the 8 bit and 16 bit era prior to the internet being a thing, international releases of games were very spotty to say the least. There were situations where some developers simply did not have the resources to publish titles in certain regions or didn't believe the game would succeed in that market. Because communication was so limited prior to the internet that these games could avoid releasing in regions and no one would be the wiser to it so fans were often times just completely oblivious to their existence.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Talking about the VGA-

Nominee will be shown November 13.
If Dragon Quest/and/or KH III are present, we can get ready
(DQ will probably be in RPG selection, while KH III will be in Most Anticipated game of 2019 if everythings goes okay)
If neither of those win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom