• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Choose one of the three sets of DLC fighters. Which do you choose?
Oh that is EVIL.

I want to say 3 purely because of Geno but I could not give less of a crap about anyone else on the list. But the middle lineup is just too good.

...I'mma go 3 anyway because I need my puppet.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
That reminds me...

There’s @Zinith who likes Yoshi...
Graizen Graizen who likes Agumon...
And more recently, @GothFluttershy who likes Zoe Trent.

Nothing wrong with that, though. I wonder who the inevitable fourth person will like and want in Smash?
Passion is an important part of being a fan of anything. I think it is really endearing that this people are this passionate about something. I know people can sometimes find this passion annoying but there is certainly something admirable of this kind of people. They are fighting against the currents for the one thing they love. And they arent exactly rude about it either so it isnt exactly toxic behavior. Funnily enough, this are the kind of people that people will remember the most since standing out is better for memory.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hmm, right.

Well, there's always Plum, it doesn't seem like she's going anywhere.
Only thing i can think of is smite and i dont even play it just like the idea...
Also i heard they just added Polynesian goddess Pele so its only a matter of time before they add this beautiful Mofo

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Passion is an important part of being a fan of anything. I think it is really endearing that this people are this passionate about something. I know people can sometimes find this passion annoying but there is certainly something admirable of this kind of people. They are fighting against the currents for the one thing they love. And they arent exactly rude about it either so it isnt exactly toxic behavior. Funnily enough, this are the kind of people that people will remember the most since standing out is better for memory.
The legends of memoryman will live on forever.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
One problem with that, I never said there was anything wrong with that, did I?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
and Phoenix Wright... and Amaterasu... and the X-men... and the amazing soundtrack...
Basically, they removed what made Marvel VS Capcom great in the first place, and replaced it with generic MCU inspired content because "We've got to have... money" or something like that...
It's amazing how opposite Smash Ultimate and Marvel Infinite are.

Infinite started with massive hype and expectations, only to squander them, use recycled assets that made us groan, cut down so much, and certain characters were contracted to look better than others, all leading to a disappointing finale upon release.

Meanwhile, Smash Ultimate started with the debate of it potentially being merely a port, but bloomed well beyond that. Got us to actually cheer for re-used assets, companies were willing to let their characters take the brunt of the blast in advertising, and more and more good about the game has been revealed.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That reminds me...

There’s @Zinith who likes Yoshi...
Graizen Graizen who likes Agumon...
And more recently, @GothFluttershy who likes Zoe Trent.

Nothing wrong with that, though. I wonder who the inevitable fourth person will like and want in Smash?
If we put the Scott the Woz guy in the fourth spot we have a good old gimmick poster fatal four way. Terezi reaction image poster can be the ref.

Personally I believe Graizen is the face in this scenario.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I. Can’t. Choose. I’d only be satisfied if I could mix and match because any one would give me both something I like and something I don’t.

My ideal scenario would be the colum on the far right, but take out Travis and Eldeguard and swap in Banjo and Katalina.

Also, why are people operating on the assumption that we can only have one Microsoft character. Most companies with characters in the game have 2.

Also, who’s the guy at the bottom of the middle colum?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
YOU TRAITOR

:bobomb:
I just picked which one would be the most hype over the longest term and... Really, as pretty as Edelgard hype as Geno is, it kinda gets outweighed to me a bit by Slime (as much as I want a different DQ rep), Banjo, and Phoenix :(

I am not interested at all in the third column besides Geno and Edelgard

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
bayonetta takes control of projectile with witch time now
https://twitter.com/SoraKibzu/status/1023166920454033408

she does that in her source game so it doesn't leave room for twintelle anyway.
Oh neat!

Anyway that would only be one move. As ARMS' sole rep, Twintelle would also cover extreme range, versatility in the different arms (each special and smash attack probably having her use a different arm). And being an aerial fighter that floated in a way similar to Peach would also seperate her from Bayonetta.

Basically many characters have a counter for their Down Special, but you don't see anyone saying there's no room for King K. Rool because he has a counter too.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, I didn’t find it annoying, though of course, there may be others who do.
Of course. I do apologize if you find my post to be in any way, shape or form to be an attack on you. I knwo most of the time when one posts, it is to retort against the post quoted but in this specific case, my intention is to add something to your post since I agree with it.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Of course. I do apologize if you find my post to be in any way, shape or form to be an attack on you. I knwo most of the time when one posts, it is to retort against the post quoted but in this specific case, my intention is to add something to your post since I agree with it.
Nah, that’s okay. You’re cool. It’s all good. :)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Ugh. Why did you have to put Steve and Edelgard together on both of their choices?

The left is the best of the 3 for me. Just swap Steve and Banjo, and I would be perfectly fine with that if it was the real deal.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well I had my first dream about playing Ultimate last night. In it I got in an argument with someone over if Squirtle was good or not, so I went into an online lobby and three stocked someone with a solo Squirtle. In my dream he had his usual fair/bair/u-smash/f-smash, but had Pikachu's Smash 4 u-tilt for some reason. I even comboed falling bair into u-tilt in my dream.

Now I just want to play the game for real. Why do my dreams have to torment me like this? Lol at the though of me 3-stocking with solo Squirt on day one, I'm no good with tiny lightweights yet.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Oh neat!

Anyway that would only be one move. As ARMS' sole rep, Twintelle would also cover extreme range, versatility in the different arms (each special and smash attack probably having her use a different arm). And being an aerial fighter that floated in a way similar to Peach would also seperate her from Bayonetta.

Basically many characters have a counter for their Down Special, but you don't see anyone saying there's no room for King K. Rool because he has a counter too.
true but they went with an entire belly mechanic for king k. it weasnt just his counter. additionally, the only other new character counter was incenaroar and thats a very different counter. i'd love to see twintelle but shes facing extremely low odds to begin with.

blackghost

Smash Champion
She didn't need to get any more broken...

witch time is worse not better dude. bayonetta was entirely toned down. there is not a single option in ultimate better or even equal to what she does in 4. she got two buffs to witch time the projectile reflections which directly form her games and it has the ability to affect more than one person which is to help in free for alls because bayo is an awful FFA character.

Last edited:

Wurmple for smash

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3427-9374-2996
It seems like everyone here is laughing at me for receiving information from a potentially legitimate leaker. You'll all see soon enough that Katalina is in, and they'll alongside having the PS4 game come to switch, allow the mobile game to come overseas. Trust me, my source has actual credibility and soon you'll all see that Katalina is one of the dlc characters. I've heard a bit from them about othe characters but they aren't as sure on them aside from Katalina due to what his position is.
-LaxChris
. Said the guy that thought the grinch "leak" was 100% real

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
So I was bored and decided to compare the sales of KH's sales vs Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy. It turns out compared to how much they sold vs the amount of games out for each series right now, it turns out KH actually has sold more copies than all of them by comparison.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Well I had my first dream about playing Ultimate last night. In it I got in an argument with someone over if Squirtle was good or not, so I went into an online lobby and three stocked someone with a solo Squirtle. In my dream he had his usual fair/bair/u-smash/f-smash, but had Pikachu's Smash 4 u-tilt for some reason. I even comboed falling bair into u-tilt in my dream.

Now I just want to play the game for real. Why do my dreams have to torment me like this? Lol at the though of me 3-stocking with solo Squirt on day one, I'm no good with lightweights yet.
Interesting dream :laugh:

But you may be in luck, sir! I see, that like me, you live in Arizona. Which means that, like me, none of the Smash demos have been anywhere near you, making it impossible to go and play.

However, our luck, and those of many others, has changed!

Introducing the Nintendo Switch Holiday Experience, where Nintendo will have setups for a bunch of their new games available to play at a variety of malls nationwide, including Arizona for once! There's 11 locations in 10 states (California gets two, go figure), and it starts this Saturday (Nov 10) until December 16. Suck it, Best Buy.

And this should be the full roster, not the E3 demo. Very exciting! Gonna got test Dark Samus out and see how she compares to Samus, for sure.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I just realized something.
Square departed from Nintendo because they didn’t use discs.

Square also came back after Nintendo went back to cartridges.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yes thats why they lost 33million because Tabata left, and now all of the upcoming DLC's with the exception of Ardyn have been canceled.
Its very disappointing and they way they announced through a powerpoint like presentation on the anniversary of the game was not well thought. Not sure if this might affect Square's investors and if their stock will drop significantly.

I mean I like Piranha plant, I dont know maybe the Slime will grow on me, it just would open the floodgates for 3rd party characters to be odd picks. This could be a good/bad thing, because now a Moogle could make it in. I might be reading too much into this, ill just wait to see how events play.

Ah they might just not had enough room to put him in, or they'll stick with having Bowser as representing Nintendo. I still think hearing a remixed version of mario kart at EPCOT means the Mario franchise is in the movie in some way. So if thats the case then the two company's are in good standing.
That guy must've been so important if he was the sole reason for that drop! Was his that important? or am I missing something here. His wiki says he's more on the business side than creative. Hmm, maybe they took that as a sign of company's instability, who knows?

Slime is vastly varient and if they used his Rocket Slime game, ohh you better expect a very neat final smash, something like K.Rool's. Also he'll attack by stretching.. hmm, you know what? I thought it was kinda weird. See, Sakurai love to reuse model animation mechanics. That Piranha stretch attack fits Slime so well, if used in reverse... hmm, maybe I'M looking into this too deeply XD

I'm not that well versed in Disney's business practices, so I can't tell for sure. I'm guessing though, they're stricter than both Nintendo and Square combined.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Oh neat!

Do you think if she had used Witch Time she could have survived the World of Light attack?

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Doing that 25 fighter thing.
Aside from the first 5 they're not in any particular order

1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Ray
3. Soma Cruz
4. Travis Touchdown
5. Chibi-Robo

6. Isaac
7. Alucard
8. Zero