• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm not saying you've got to go. If you want to spam Agumon stuff, there's a thread for that. I encourage you to stay and chat here if you stay on topic with what's currently going on and not try and plug Digimon into literally every one of your posts.
Ok.

Potato_

Smash Lord

PLEASE DO NOT TEASE ME OR THE OTHER 2B FANS LIKE THIS. BUT YES, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING WOULD HAPPEN EVER SINCE THE FINAL SMASH DIRECT. AND IT SEEMS IT MAY BE GOING THAT WAY, OR SO I HOPE.

YOU HAVE ME RILED UP. I AM DELUSIONAL NOW. REEEEEEEE-- sorry.
If we live in the best timeline we'd get A2 since 2B is in Soulcalibur.

And I'd probably yell. A lot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay so doesn't this mean Rex still has a chance? If Sakurai's only reason for not including him was timing but they only finalized the DLC now, that means timing isn't an issue for the DLC so there shouldn't really be anything holding him back.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wow. I actually feel pretty bad for Sakurai given that he had to tweet that. The second tweet, namely. While I understand the prospect of Nintendo being the ones choosing the DLC may miff some people, myself included, I don't think Sakurai would have a choice in that matter. And even with the knowledge of the high possibility of a line-up that's less than what people wanted, I'm pretty confident that the quality of the fighters, stages, and music, regardless of their identity will be absolutely stellar. So I'm still pretty happy with things. I just don't like people spamming Sakurai like that. The dude works himself to the hecking bone for us - people should really be more considerate, all things considered.
We don't deserve Sakurai.

R O F L

Smash Ace
So there is zero chance of new Pikmin content unless 4 comes out by early 2020, and I don't see that happening.

Well, now all I can hope for is Bandana Dee.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I think this was already stated but I just want everyone to know that Sakurai's tweet heavily implies that while Nintendo chose the characters that he is able to put into Smash, it seems like he got a selection of newcomers and chose them based on whether or not they can be created into a interesting fighter.

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
promotional characters incoming tbh

i still want geno but idk of his chances now, but exciting to see who they picked

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay so doesn't this mean Rex still has a chance? If Sakurai's only reason for not including him was timing but they only finalized the DLC now, that means timing isn't an issue for the DLC so there shouldn't really be anything holding him back.
I think taking to mean "Ultimate's DLC line-up is now complete" as "Ultimate's DLC line-up was only finalized right just now" is reading it a bit too literally. It was probably decided before the last Direct, if not much earlier.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
So what upcoming games/things would Nintendo most want to promote this way?
N64 Mini if it is happening so B&K are likely. Steve if it is not for the Minecraft cash.
Yoshi's Crafted World?
Luigi's Mansion 3 maybe
Fire Emblem 3 Houses (as much as I don't want any more FE characters its very likely)
I don't know what else there could be

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of ballot influence at work in the DLC, since Nintendo surely has access to it, and would want to sell fighters people will want to buy. However, I do think it's likely at least two of the characters will be ads. Extremely fun, well-made ads that I'd have no hesitation on, but ads nonetheless.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Unpopular opinion: But I like that Nintendo is choosing the fighters for DLC. Makes the pool much more narrower and probably more 1st party focused considering last DLC cycle we only got 1 new first party character out of 4 newcomers (maybe 2 if you count Bayo as 1st party). As long as Nintendo doesn't add something like Pink Gold Peach or Baby Rosalina or something I think I'm game for whoever Nintendo decides to add.

StormC

Smash Hero
This just makes me glad K. Rool made it because lol Nintendo picking him for DLC.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I think I know why they posted Guile's Theme for today's music drop.
Because with the power of capitalism, flash kicks and JUSTICE, Rex & Pyra and Geno will be Smash Ultimate DLC.

AMERICA IS BACK ON TOP, BUCKOS. ISIS? MORE LIKE WASWAS.

D

Deleted member

Remind yourself that it's not like every single character is going to be promotional. I think Nintendo is smart enough to realize fan requests would bring in a lot of money, so it could easily be a mix of promotion, fan requests, and big names.
Then again they did relegate voice chat on the Switch to a smartphone app so I'm torn.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Rhythm Heaven is about as obscure as Earthbound... So I'm just assuming Nintendo would just ignore it, in favor of bigger stuff like Minecraft and stuff
No it ain't.

Rhythm Heaven is still

-An ongoing series
-Huge in Japan (more than Earthbound IIRC)
-Nowhere as obscure as Earthbound.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
imagine if all of smash 4's dlc lineup were characters like Corrin, and you can probably predict how the fanbase will react to ultimate's DLC lineup

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Unpopular opinion: But I like that Nintendo is choosing the fighters for DLC. Makes the pool much more narrower and probably more 1st party focused considering last DLC cycle we only got 1 new first party character out of 4 newcomers (maybe 2 if you count Bayo as 1st party). As long as Nintendo doesn't add something like Pink Gold Peach or Baby Rosalina or something I think I'm game for whoever Nintendo decides to add.
another unpopular opinion: People should learn to deal with FE.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Remind yourself that it's not like every single character is going to be promotional. I think Nintendo is smart enough to realize fan requests would bring in a lot of money, so it could easily be a mix of promotion, fan requests, and big names.
Then again they did relegate voice chat on the Switch to a smartphone app so I'm torn.
So basically the same as it's always been. I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this.

R O F L

Smash Ace
So what upcoming games/things would Nintendo most want to promote this way?
N64 Mini if it is happening so B&K are likely. Steve if it is not for the Minecraft cash.
Yoshi's Crafted World?
Luigi's Mansion 3 maybe
Fire Emblem 3 Houses (as much as I don't want any more FE characters its very likely)
I don't know what else there could be
Crap, I completely forgot about LM3.
Now I really want King Boo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
imagine if all of smash 4's dlc lineup were characters like Corrin, and you can probably predict how the fanbase will react to ultimate's DLC lineup
I'd imagine something like this.

-Byleth or Edelgard
-DaemonxMachina character
-Dante
-Gen 8 Pokemon
-Sylux

Characters no one was asking for.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yep.

Let's see who the first character is before signaling doomsday.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Everyone here is calling more Mario/Fire Emblem/Pokémon characters the worst case scenario, yet here I am preferring characters from those franchises over pretty much all other Nintendo-owned franchises. :p

I mean unless it's like...Koopa Kid, Peri, and Bruxish for some reason.

Roberk

Smash Champion
None of these potential characters will be as bad as Corrin. Corrin was bad on multiple levels, not just being a promotional character.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Nintendo choices for DLC:

Pink Gold Peach
Tanooki Mario
Gold Mario
Metal Mario
Mii Warrior

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
What list do you guys think Nintendo will hand to Sakurai?
A list of games scheduled to release 2019-2020, with a special red circle around Fire Emblem: Three Houses. :rolleyes:

Fire Emblem is my favorite series btw, but if TH gets a character I will puke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom