• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Do you guys think there'll be another dlc season after this one? I think it depends on how long Nintendo plans to support the Switch
I doubt it... Sakurai probably wants to do something other than Smash for once...
After the five fighters, I would say the Sakuari would move on to another project...

Hopefully, it's a Famicom Detective Club reboot...

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Okay, sorry for replying to something a bit far back but OH MY GOSH I HAD TO THAT ART IS AMAZING AND SO PERFECT FOR ME. Hello new avatar!

Seriously, Piranha Plant is so perfect to me. I've wanted a playable Mario mook in Smash since Brawl, and I was worried an Echo was all Mario was gonna get this game. I'm so, so very happy that isn't the case. Others may hate him, but I welcome our plant boi. He is pure and I love him. <3
I like having :ultpiranha: in the roster because every time I use him, I'll be reminded of Little Shop of Horrors. Seeing how he works in Smash is just hilarious to me, and I am a fan of both joke-style and technical characters, so he could become a main for me.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
PREPARE YOURSELF
Prepare yourself...

Did you know that everyone that's dead is a girl? You can tell by their heart shaped gravestones.

By the way, Isabelle's skull cracks when she gets hit, but don't worry, it'll be patched up real fast.

Okay, sorry for replying to something a bit far back but OH MY GOSH I HAD TO THAT ART IS AMAZING AND SO PERFECT FOR ME. Hello new avatar!

Seriously, Piranha Plant is so perfect to me. I've wanted a playable Mario mook in Smash since Brawl, and I was worried an Echo was all Mario was gonna get this game. I'm so, so very happy that isn't the case. Others may hate him, but I welcome our plant boi. He is pure and I love him. <3
There's more of it, but I decided not to overflow the thread with them.

I like this one in particular as well:
1541386732080.png

D

Deleted member

Some Japanese responses after the Rex Mii costume reveal.

Screenshot (1116).png

****ing DAMN.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I doubt it... Sakurai probably wants to do something other than Smash for once...
After the five fighters, I would say the Sakuari would move on to another project...

KID ICARUS FOR THE SWITCH

Please Sakurai. Do it. I beg of you. **** it, just remake Uprising with decent controls, I'll take that

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Do you guys think there'll be another dlc season after this one? I think it depends on how long Nintendo plans to support the Switch
The Switch is a success. There's really no need to stop after 1 pass. Mainly, though, I just want some AT promotions. That has the benefit of making a lot of people 100% satisfied with this roster.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Well as of right now we're looking at Sora, Steve, and Katalina from GranBlue.

Maybe a Bethesda rep. But that's more speculation.

Who do you think the DLC will be?
I was thinking Medusa, Elma and Dixie and I got Geno or Sora as Square reps and Steve from Minecraft for third parties.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
im really starting to think most people on this forum jsut see a sexualized character and assume bayonetta goes with them. that pairing makes no sense. bayonetta hates gods and goddesses. and cia is not someone she'd get along with way too temperamental/ crazy.

if bayo were gonna partner it would be dante, ashley, sora, or maybe snake. she'd easily fit in with any of those in a cutscene.

on another note i can't tell if these dlc predictions are people joking or if they are serious. if you dont have a single 3rd party its hard to take your list seriously. also if your dlc list consists of character all over 10 years old and are all Nintendo properties its hard to take it seriously. im all for speculation but speculation doesn't mean wishlist.

im not considering assist trophies for dlc. th echoice to leave them as assist trophies was already made. dont think that box will get opened.

at least 3/5 will be 3rd party dlc. i expect one promotional and one to be a Nintendo character. the Nintendo that is non-promotional i expect elma. i think she was going to be in ultimate but dev time ran out. for the promotional katalina or a three houses character makes sense. as for the last three third parties: laura croft, sepiroth, Lloyd.
the only reason i'd say katalina as a promotional mobile character and not fjorm more has to do with timing. FE heroes is already successful it doesnt need help. it has grossed more than 500 million as of last year.

rational:
Lloyd is a unique character fighting wise with elements of magic and dual swords. tales is big both in east and west and Lloyd had a mii costume.

laura: she'd have a huge impact. only unknown is does she have a music library to add to the game? im honestly not sure.
as much as id like a bayo 3 promotional character dont see it happening.

sepiroth: i could honestly write an essay. biggest villain not in the game? arguably yes. has appeared so many times in so many things. could also be promotion for the remake. villain which people claim to like. fs is obvious. and he comes with music that is more iconic than half the characters in the game already. i can even see sakurai in a direct saying "you can't have cloud without sepiroth, we had to include him."

geno is not worthy of being a dlc character imo. one off character with mostly a limited fanbase in the grand scope of the industry.

go ahead smashboards critque away.
After a long and careful analysis of your opinions, I determined from your post that it was tldr.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
What sucks about the Fighter Pass is that it's likely gonna be looking foremost at marketing strategy than fan choices.
Depends on who they decided to keep as DLC. Since all the characters were seemingly decided at the same time, it could be a mix of marketable 3rd party reps, ballot choices, and somewhat recent characters. That's why I'm seriously thinking that characters like Elma, Bandana Dee, and even Banjo have a relatively good shot at DLC.

I think that it makes sense to have a 2nd season of DLC. Nintendo said they were focusing more on DLC in there latest financial press conference. I would be shocked if they skipped the opportunity for a 2nd season, especially since the Switch is doing much better than they expected it to.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'm not feeling a second DLC season personally, though I certainly wouldn't mind it only if Sakurai wishes to work on another one (the man really needs a vacation).

I could see some extra potential bonuses being offered when you purchase the pass or in conjunction with it, since the only bonus we know of at this time is the Rex Mii Costume. Sakurai did say it was one purchase bonus, so part of me is hoping that at least one Echo Fighter could be offered as an additional purchase bonus to bring another character into the roster. :)

LetterO

Smash Lord
The Switch is a success. There's really no need to stop after 1 pass. Mainly, though, I just want some AT promotions. That has the benefit of making a lot of people 100% satisfied with this roster.
I just need some Rhythm Heaven representation above spirits and music and I'll be happy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Rhythm Heaven is pretty much the biggest 1st party series not represented above spirits and music yet. If I recall, Excitebike is a close 2nd.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Prepare yourself...

Did you know that everyone that's dead is a girl? You can tell by their heart shaped gravestones.

By the way, Isabelle's skull cracks when she gets hit, but don't worry, it'll be patched up real fast.

There's more of it, but I decided not to overflow the thread with them.

I like this one in particular as well:
View attachment 175775
That Isabelle/Piranha Plant picture is precious

I was thinking Medusa, Elma and Dixie and I got Geno or Sora as Square reps and Steve from Minecraft for third parties.
I love Medusa, and was really hoping for a Palutena echo, but no chance she's DLC. She's just not popular/recognizable enough (outside of actual myth lol)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm thinking the Fighter Pass will have two 1st parties and three 3rd parties. What about you guys?
Same.

At least a 50% chance, given that Smash is having its 20th anniversary right after December, so that could justify having a regular season afterwards.

What sucks about the Fighter Pass is that it's likely gonna be looking foremost at marketing strategy than fan choices.
I've made peace with that. At this point I really just want to find out what those marketing mascots are.

She's just not popular/recognizable enough (outside of actual myth lol)
Base game Smash 6, calling it right now.

Until the universe proves me wrong again, anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, here is a roster I made if I were in charge of a new Smash game.
Veterans are here:
Veteran Smash Roster.PNG

And here is the original newcomers:
1. Waluigi
2. Skull Kid
3. Sylux
4. Rex & Pyra
5. Spring Man
6. Eldeguard
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Ashely (Secret Character)
9. Isaac (Secret Character)
10. Ryu Hayabusa
11. Dante
12. Sora OR Erdrick
13. Lloyd Irving
14. Raiden
15. Doomguy

Echo fighters are:
1. Dixie Kong (:ultdiddy:Echo)
2. Shadow (:ultsonic: Echo)
3. Ribbion Girl (Spring Man Echo)
4. Octoling (:ultinkling:Echo)
5. Roxas OR DQ 8 Protagonist (Sora OR Erdrick Echo)

Last edited by a moderator:

NineS

Smash Lord

If Sakurai does move onto another Project, I hope he goes back to work on another new Kid Icarus game for a bit. Of course, it'd be interesting to see him work on another Kirby game for the first time in ages... Or a new IP, or work on some existing IPs in his own way.

i'd like platinum games to make the next kid icarus please.

StormC

Smash Hero
People on 2ch acting racist? Par for the course for the Japanese version of 4chan, I guess.

Weren't both Spring-Man and Rex/Pyra popular Japanese requests? I guess they better hope they get Bandana Dee...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Imagine if Black Mage was added.. He kind of looks like Geno and is a FF character.
That Isabelle/Piranha Plant picture is precious

I love Medusa, and was really hoping for a Palutena echo, but no chance she's DLC. She's just not popular/recognizable enough (outside of actual myth lol)
Never say never, same goes for Hyrule Warriors characters.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I really hope the next Smash is just Ultimate ported with more characters and more single player/multiplayer content, with improvements made.

The thought of cutting any of these characters sucks. Or just make a Tekken style spinoff or something with like 12 characters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
People on 2ch acting racist? Par for the course for the Japanese version of 4chan, I guess.

Weren't both Spring-Man and Rex/Pyra popular Japanese requests? I guess they better hope they get Bandana Dee...
I think he's likely for DLC

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee
Tibby
Elma
Bandana Dee: Would have been in base game if anything. I don't see why we're really considering him for DLC. If it's because "he's popular" they'd have held off on K. Rool as well.
Tibby: Literal who for a DLC character, would've been fine in base
Elma: Also a literal who for a DLC character, look @ Bandana Dee for reasoning

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, before you all meme it up, I'm going to say that 4chan and 2chan are probably the worst places to go if you want a perspective on what people want.

I remember for a solid while some chuckle-****s were pushing Metal Mario as an echo and Peri from Fire Emblem Fates as a character for every single thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom