• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Are we just now questioning Zinith Zinith 's avatar?

Like, I began questioning it the moment he changed. Is it meant to be cute? Sexy? Cute and sexy?

Either way, it just looks...wrong. Like, one step away from ending up on a nsfw website (you know the one) wrong.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
DLC Pack 1:
Playable Fighter: Sora

DLC Pack 2:
Playable Fighter: Steve

DLC Pack 3:
Playable Fighter: Banjo & Kazooie

DLC Pack 4:
Playable Fighter: Crash Bandicoot

DLC Pack 5:
Playable Fighter: Rayman
I hope you're right, this sounds good to me although I think we'll get at least one 1st party DLC.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake: hi :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:

SEGA takes bronze.
content representation overall, not just characters you silly billy
Actually it's Konami and Capcom. Which makes sense considering those were the 2 big 3rd party NES companies...
Character wise only yeah...but I’m talking about all content each company has

...Also...why do you have that creepy pfp?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm working on an Incineroar picture because I really want him as my avatar right now, until it's done this screen shot is a temporary fix.
I'll be back to normal shortly.
I'd say "why don't you use the image I drew for you?", but then that wouldn't be your own art.

Conundrums.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Your avatar is making me incredibly uncomfortable.

Why is he looking at me like that???
It's by RUdragon, their art always looks mildly suggestive. It's just the artstyle.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Little Mac with Hitmonchan spirit and Knuckle Joe, Doc Louis, and Sandbag sub spirits.

That sounds fairly solid.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
So... just the base Smash 4 third parties?
Pretty much, yeah. I'd say Simon might be the most likely as a fourth rep if anyone else.

That's not to say I'd be correct, as I have been wrong on my predictions before (and I certainly wouldn't mind if I was), but I don't think there would be more than four third-party characters in a reboot, and not more than one per company.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys I just realized there is SUCH A GOOD CHANCE that Harp Note can end up as a Spirit.

COME ON SAKURAI PLEASE, YOU ADDED AILE AS A SPIRIT, YOU GOTTA HAVE HARP NOTE.

I will literally never unequip it aaaaaaa

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking the Fighter Pass will have two 1st parties and three 3rd parties. What about you guys?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This was me before I fought for my friends -----------------------------------------------This is me after I fought for my friends

How did I have this stunning transformation?
Click Here to find out
FIND OUT THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK TO GETTING BUFF WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that the whole timing dilemma Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had for Ultimate is pretty much exactly what Sakurai said almost happened to Fire Emblem Awakening.

Both Awakening and XC2 were break out success stories that brought their franchises into a more mainstream light, and each felt like a shoo-in for a character inclusion in Smash to some. Sakurai was also a noted fan of both titles. After Robin was revealed for Smash 4, Sakurai said that he was a lucky addition, and that if Awakening had been released even a month earlier or later, it may have missed getting a character on the roster at all. Even recently in retrospect, many people thought that was unfathomable, given Awakening's success.

And yet, now we see that that very thing happened to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It came out too late for Ultimate to give it a playable character, and instead there's consolation prizes in the forms of Rex and Nia Mii costumes, with Sakurai's wording and actions implying pretty strongly that it won't get any characters in the Fighter Pass either.

Just something to think about. We're basically seeing Sakurai's seemingly-baffling hypothetical scenario play out for Ultimate, but for a different game.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'm thinking the Fighter Pass will have two 1st parties and three 3rd parties. What about you guys?
That's pretty much what I'm feeling as well. The other alternative in my opinion would be three first-parties and two third-parties, but that seems less likely to happen.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That's what I'm thinking/hoping for.
Although I could see it going one 1st party/4 3rd party, since we tend to get a lot of 3rd parties as DLC, and they only new 3rd party reps we have are Simon/Richter.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
-----------This was me before I fought for my friends -----------------------------------This is me after I fought for my friends ---------------------------

How did I have this stunning transformation?
Click Here to find out
PREPARE YOURSELF

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
My favorite chicks in Super Smash Bros are Palutena, Bayonetta, Zero Suit Samus, Lucina and Daisy.. Consider it a top 5, lets see who the dlc is maybe somebody will be added to my top 5.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I think it's gonna be all 3rd Party characters tbh. They sell well, and it would make sense why they come with a stage and music. Though getting the Dee and/or Dixie Kong as DLC would be a nice surprise

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think there'll be another dlc season after this one? I think it depends on how long Nintendo plans to support the Switch

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
What sucks about the Fighter Pass is that it's likely gonna be looking foremost at marketing strategy than fan choices.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Would there be any that stay?
Possibly. I can't say. Way too many variables that no one could possibly account for right now.

I just think that getting Ultimate's roster + more isn't going to happen again. And the third parties would obviously be the easiest to cut. It'd be much easier, in a reboot situation, for Nintendo to start fresh with nothing but first party IPs.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think it's gonna be all 3rd Party characters tbh. They sell well, and it would make sense why they come with a stage and music. Though getting the Dee and/or Dixie Kong as DLC would be a nice surprise
Im thinking two 3rd party guys and three out of five of the dlc are chicks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's also already getting fantastic fanart.
View attachment 175744
I love him so much.:ultpiranha:
Okay, sorry for replying to something a bit far back but OH MY GOSH I HAD TO THAT ART IS AMAZING AND SO PERFECT FOR ME. Hello new avatar!

Seriously, Piranha Plant is so perfect to me. I've wanted a playable Mario mook in Smash since Brawl, and I was worried an Echo was all Mario was gonna get this game. I'm so, so very happy that isn't the case. Others may hate him, but I welcome our plant boi. He is pure and I love him. <3

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Im thinking two 3rd party guys and three out of five of the dlc are chicks.
Well as of right now we're looking at Sora, Steve, and Katalina from GranBlue.

Maybe a Bethesda rep. But that's more speculation.

Who do you think the DLC will be?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/0...tes-singleplayer-modes-at-nintendo-live-2018/

So the Fighter Spirits are not going to be Smash Ultimate renders it looks like, rather it's their official artwork reused from other games they are in. It doesn't mean non fighter characters that are spirits are automatically out for DLC, but it doesn't seem to bode well at all at this point.

Also I'm hearing that Spirits outside of fighters might not have descriptions which would be a shame.
Interesting for Geno because there is literally no other render of Geno in existence as the Superstar Saga Geno isn't a render from what I understand

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Bayonetta with Carmilla spirit and Medusa & Grima as sub spirits.

For the ultimate umbra witch!

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that the whole timing dilemma Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had for Ultimate is pretty much exactly what Sakurai said almost happened to Fire Emblem Awakening.

Both Awakening and XC2 were break out success stories that brought their franchises into a more mainstream light, and each felt like a shoo-in for a character inclusion in Smash to some. Sakurai was also a noted fan of both titles. After Robin was revealed for Smash 4, Sakurai said that he was a lucky addition, and that if Awakening had been released even a month earlier or later, it may have missed getting a character on the roster at all. Even recently in retrospect, many people thought that was unfathomable, given Awakening's success.

And yet, now we see that that very thing happened to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It came out too late for Ultimate to give it a playable character, and instead there's consolation prizes in the forms of Rex and Nia Mii costumes, with Sakurai's wording and actions implying pretty strongly that it won't get any characters in the Fighter Pass either.

Just something to think about. We're basically seeing Sakurai's seemingly-baffling hypothetical scenario play out for Ultimate, but for a different game.
Life sucks man

blackghost

Smash Champion
Bayo could use Cia as a tag partner.. Maybe add Palu to this iconic team with her pole dance so they can all let the pigeons loose together!
im really starting to think most people on this forum jsut see a sexualized character and assume bayonetta goes with them. that pairing makes no sense. bayonetta hates gods and goddesses. and cia is not someone she'd get along with way too temperamental/ crazy.

if bayo were gonna partner it would be dante, ashley, sora, or maybe snake. she'd easily fit in with any of those in a cutscene.

on another note i can't tell if these dlc predictions are people joking or if they are serious. if you dont have a single 3rd party its hard to take your list seriously. also if your dlc list consists of character all over 10 years old and are all Nintendo properties its hard to take it seriously. im all for speculation but speculation doesn't mean wishlist.

im not considering assist trophies for dlc. th echoice to leave them as assist trophies was already made. dont think that box will get opened.

at least 3/5 will be 3rd party dlc. i expect one promotional and one to be a Nintendo character. the Nintendo that is non-promotional i expect elma. i think she was going to be in ultimate but dev time ran out. for the promotional katalina or a three houses character makes sense. as for the last three third parties: laura croft, sepiroth, Lloyd.
the only reason i'd say katalina as a promotional mobile character and not fjorm more has to do with timing. FE heroes is already successful it doesnt need help. it has grossed more than 500 million as of last year.

rational:
Lloyd is a unique character fighting wise with elements of magic and dual swords. tales is big both in east and west and Lloyd had a mii costume.

laura: she'd have a huge impact. only unknown is does she have a music library to add to the game? im honestly not sure.
as much as id like a bayo 3 promotional character dont see it happening.

sepiroth: i could honestly write an essay. biggest villain not in the game? arguably yes. has appeared so many times in so many things. could also be promotion for the remake. villain which people claim to like. fs is obvious. and he comes with music that is more iconic than half the characters in the game already. i can even see sakurai in a direct saying "you can't have cloud without sepiroth, we had to include him."

geno is not worthy of being a dlc character imo. one off character with mostly a limited fanbase in the grand scope of the industry.

go ahead smashboards critque away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom