• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Unlikely.

I wholeheartedly believe that the next Smash Bros. will be a reboot of sorts and the current third party characters will mostly be slashed. Avoid the headaches of licensing.
And who will fill their places? Anime characters?
Also Zinith Zinith that avatar is...Uh....

Graizen

Smash Champion
A question for you guys

Do you think a trailer for Kratos and Master Chief would put the two in the same position as Mario?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Unlikely.

I wholeheartedly believe that the next Smash Bros. will be a reboot of sorts and the current third party characters will mostly be slashed. Avoid the headaches of licensing.
The scary thing about that is if Namco were to get full creative control, they would ruin it like they ruin everything they touch.. Right now we are good because they have Sakurai to keep their stupidity in line.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So... who has the best alts in Ultimate in your opinion?

Imo, I think it's Incineroar

He literally has a Big the Cat alt
I would use 1, 2, 3, & 5.

As much as I like bright green, I think replacing Black Yoshi with Crafted Yoshi was a stupid idea. I also wish we had White Yoshi, but oh well.
Since everyone else chimed in, I wish they had used Yarn Yoshi. Yarn Yoshi is cutest Yoshi and actually looks visibly different. That crafted Yoshi is worse than all the slighty-different-blue Sonics.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
In his Spawncast one of the guest said it's impossible they show a DLC there and will keep the fighter content secret until E3 (I absolutely don't believe this AT ALL, I refuse to think that we will have to wait 6 months to know any DLC after Piranha Plant)
Spawn then said that it could make sense so it's either Smash DLC or Metroid prime grand premiere... However take a look at this

Go at 1:36
Listen to the conversation that was recorded during E3

It smell the Smash DLC at VGA.

Heck it can be BOTH Metroid AND Smash DLC
I think it's safe to say that whatever it is it'll be hype.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/0...tes-singleplayer-modes-at-nintendo-live-2018/

So the Fighter Spirits are not going to be Smash Ultimate renders it looks like, rather it's their official artwork reused from other games they are in. It doesn't mean non fighter characters that are spirits are automatically out for DLC, but it doesn't seem to bode well at all at this point.

Also I'm hearing that Spirits outside of fighters might not have descriptions which would be a shame.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Main mascots.
Not in the back , but side by side with Mario.
Isn't Master Chief already considered the face of Xbox? It is Microsoft's most well-known IP (in terms of gaming).

Kratos is kind of a trickier one. Does Sony real have a single franchise that they're well known for?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/0...tes-singleplayer-modes-at-nintendo-live-2018/

So the Fighter Spirits are not going to be Smash Ultimate renders it looks like, rather it's their official artwork reused from other games they are in. It doesn't mean non fighter characters that are spirits are automatically out for DLC, but it doesn't seem to bode well at all at this point.

Also I'm hearing that Spirits outside of fighters might not have descriptions which would be a shame.
They are basically just the stickers from Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom