• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wouldn't go that far at all.
I mean Sora and KH has an extremely huge fanbase, that completely dwarfs Geno.
This is mostly because Kingdom Hearts is attached to one of the most recognized companies in the world:
Disney.

Also, that's a false equivalency. Many popular characters haven't received Mii costumes, so that's saying those are lesser in popularity or recognizability compared to someone like Ray 01, who's from a pretty obscure series.

Geno has one appearance in a relatively small Mario game, while Sora hails from one of Square Enix's biggest selling series.
That's not trying to disparage supporters, it's just objective fact.
I'm down for Geno making it in the game, it's just he is considered a niche and obscure character.
Wouldn't call it extremely huge. Minecraft, Fortnite is what I would call "extremely". A big fanbase, ok. So? again with the numbers, and again I'll answer. Examples: R.O.B., Pirahna.
Yes, so when will Nintendo be able to realse Sora from Disney? in a year? when all 5 are set in less than a month if not already.
A costume means it's prefered over, that's all. (That's till Smash 4 however).
Yet there was no other that made Sakurai express such a desire.
That's an unrelated fact however.
Don't worry then, Geno is more probable, and I believe a Ryhtem rep too.. just a guess though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can you send me the links where they said that?
They never outright said them, Spawn has been teasing stuff with heavy implications we're getting Sora announced at the Video Game Awards, which takes place on launch day. Verge has been right for everything but a SE character and Minecraft content, so I'm jumping to conclusions but honestly that isn't bad

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So, all this talk throughout the Internet surrounding the Infinity War vibes of the Wold of Light trailer made me want to do a true Thanos snap using an online list randomizer. I know it's probably been done already (I recall someone posting something similar way back in July) but I'm just doing it for sh*ts and giggles. I didn't include Miis but counted Pokémon Trainer and Squirtle, Ivy and Zard as 4 separate characters.

SPARED
:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultdaisy::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultyounglink::ultroy::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultzss::ultsnake::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultrosalina::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool:

DUSTED
:ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultfox::ultness::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultwario::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultkingdedede::ultrob::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultken::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:

Yay, those randomizers finally spared my boi...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A Sakurai's.
Most profit done already by Cloud. Time for Geno. If not then next is a DQ rep, not Sora.
Yes, cause KH and TR were always on Nintendo consoles.
I'm glad you said "I think", that's all to it then.
And Sora fans are the quite majority, right?
As if the fans will fill their to do list.
Is this is haiku or a limerick? Because if so, it's not a good one. It's nonsense regardless.

Regardless, debating you is pointless and you're more than likely a troll, so I'll drop it.
I mean, Piranha Plant proved that generic enemies can get in Smash.

And Slime is a generic enemy that also happens to be the mascot of Dragon Quest.
And would also happen to be one of the most disappointing moves for a DLC character yet.

Like, Mario kinda has to scrape the bottom of the barrel, but to skip straight to the generic mook ("series mascot" be damned) of a series when you have the main characters still unrepresented is a poor choice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, this Geno vs Sora salt is delicious.
Holy ****, you starve us for 5 months and then you release a full demo with every single goddamn character and now I'm swamped with all the new gameplay.
**** pacing, just bomb my eyes with everything at once.
I welcome it with open arms. It's been too damn long, my dude.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Holy ****, you starve us for 5 months and then you release a full demo with every single goddamn character and now I'm swamped with all the new gameplay.
Okay...but where. I only saw the treehouse stuff yesterday. Appreciated, but not enough for my gluttonous eyes.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
So, all this talk throughout the Internet surrounding the Infinity War vibes of the Wold of Light trailer made me want to do a true Thanos snap using an online list randomizer. I know it's probably been done already (I recall someone posting something similar way back in July) but I'm just doing it for sh*ts and giggles. I didn't include Miis but counted Pokémon Trainer and Squirtle, Ivy and Zard as 4 separate characters.

SPARED
:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultdaisy::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultyounglink::ultroy::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultzss::ultsnake::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultrosalina::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool:

DUSTED
:ultmario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultfox::ultness::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultwario::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultkingdedede::ultrob::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultken::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:

It's a 50-50 for my co-mains :ultwolf: and :ultkrool: ...
Apparently Thanos has no mercy for furries whatsoever... if :ultfox::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultwolf:'s fate is anything to go by... only :ultlucario: survived that genocide.
And it's pretty ironic that the three Pokémon lived, but the Trainer got dusted...
Also pretty weird that :ultzss: lives and :ultsamus: dies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
All the footage is coming from one place up to now, and it's blurry as ****.

Or does anyone have clearer videos?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Nah. If anything, people don't underestimate it enough. And why do you still compare Geno to K. Rool, a major villain that starred in multiple games and was in a cartoon?
Because being in a cartoon really upped his popularity. For real though, post smash 4 Sakurai literally came out and stated that Geno is incredibly popular. So you tell me which is true. Is Geno incredibly popular or did Sakurai just lie about it. I don't want to hear any other arguement about it until that question is answered.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Is anyone going to play the new Story Mode in the moment of inserting the cartdrige?

I'm going to pretend that everything is locked expect for that Mode, and by completing the mode, you unlock all the other modes, so I'll try that first

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Also, I don't think people realize how impressive it was for Geno to get a Runner Up Award aka a Mii costume.

Very few characters (only 32) earned costumes, and of those:
  • 5 are now full fighters
  • 9 are assist trophies
  • 8 are featured on stages or Final Smashes
That's right, a majority of former NPC Mii Costumes are now in the game. Most of these characters are iconic avatars of their series.

But not only did Mr. 22-years-old one-shot Geno get to hang with this crowd, he led it. He was the only one given a "newcomer" introduction in a Direct.

There's just something about Geno, man. I dunno what it is.
Yeah, Geno logically has no business ever being playable and no one would've found it illogical if we hadn't gotten anything in Smash 4 referencing him.
Geno blows King K. Rool, Andy and a bunch of somewhat obscure fan picks out of the water as far the "relevancy" argument goes.
Yet there he is, refusing to die, and with a faint possibility at being DLC.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Am I reading things right? Shulk's nair got buffed? His costumes got a massive buff, too.
I don't really care that MALLC is gone, that stuff wasn't worth mastering when Shulk still sucked competitively.

Chrom in Robin's FS gives me a tiny glimmer of hope about Fiora...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And would also happen to be one of the most disappointing moves for a DLC character yet.

Like, Mario kinda has to scrape the bottom of the barrel, but to skip straight to the generic mook ("series mascot" be damned) of a series when you have the main characters still unrepresented is a poor choice.
I'm not sure how people can still say he's a poor choice after seeing all the positive reception towards him. Just look at the poll at the top of this page.

A disappointing choice sure if you were hoping for something more specific or didn't find him funny sure, but a poor one? Overall the character has been very well received and has a lot of people talking and laughing about it, as it was probably meant to.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I just remembered all the comics people were making of evil Steve vs the Grinch leak and now that Steve is likely DLC I have to say those aged extremely poorly extremely quickly

Totally. But that logic also applies to any other series. Kremlings, Metroid series aliens, Pikmin enemies, A robot enemy from Sonic the Hedgehog, a soldier from Metal gear, a subordinate of a Maverick from Megaman, the perceivable list of characters is now, suddenly, any character from any game that means anything to anyone.
Metall for smash! :p

Damn, 1 week ago it would have been a total joke but now he kind of makes sense as a potential newcomer in this post-Piranha Plant era... I don't know what to believe anymore... i'm so confused...

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
People , do you think we will get a Cinematic trailer for all the 5 DLC characters?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not a big issue but I wonder if DLC characters will be featured in the character banner. Piranha Plant wasn’t included as far as I know. Back during Smash 4, we thought DLC characters would get custom moves or Palutena’s Guidance but we now know that wasn’t the case.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how people can still say he's a poor choice after seeing all the positive reception towards him. Just look at the poll at the top of this page.

A disappointing choice sure if you were hoping for something more specific or didn't find him funny sure, but a poor one? Overall the character has been very well received and has a lot of people talking and laughing about it, as it was probably meant to.
Even as someone who was hoping for another character out of the Mario universe, I'm still really happy that our potted plant is in.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Not a big issue but I wonder if DLC characters will be featured in the character banner. Piranha Plant wasn’t included as far as I know. Back during Smash 4, we thought DLC characters would get custom moves or Palutena’s Guidance but we now know that wasn’t the case.
As soon as he gets released, I'm sure he will be in the banner...Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom