• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
He says Katalina from Granblue, a square Enix rep (possibly a Dragon Quest character) and possibly Minecraft Steve are 3 of the 5 dlc characters according to another leaker he knows but not everything is confirmed by his own sources specifically and that one of the fighters will be revealed at the video game awards.
Those are bad choices for DLC.

Untouch

Smash Master
He says Katalina from Granblue, a square Enix rep (possibly a Dragon Quest character) and possibly Minecraft Steve are 3 of the 5 dlc characters according to another leaker he knows but not everything is confirmed by his own sources specifically and that one of the fighters will be revealed at the video game awards.
No he didn't. :rolleyes:

He said he still believes that a Square Enix character (never said anything about Dragon Quest) and Minecraft content is in the game.
Another leaker he knows says Granblue and Steve are in, he said that his sources have never heard about that.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Hey uh
Gonna be honest here
I'd absolutely love Sans as DLC.
I wouldn't particularly want Sans or any other Undertale character enough to ask for it, but you better believe I'd be hyped as heck about it.

Undertale is in my top 3 games, along with BotW and Mother 3, so anything Undertale in Smash (especially the music) would make me real happy.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Actually:
-No XCX music despite us getting XC2 music
-DLC plan was made when XC2's existence was unknown
-No signs of any XCX content in the game
Hmm..
I know XCX didn't do so well but damn...

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
No he didn't. :rolleyes:

He said he still believes that a Square Enix character (never said anything about Dragon Quest) and Minecraft content is in the game.
Another leaker he knows says Granblue and Steve are in, he said that his sources have never heard about that.
Yes he did go look at today's posts on GameFAQs

It's all in this thread. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319?page=0

Edit: I misread your post and you misread mine. I said that the leaker he referenced said those things but he can't verify with his own sources those specifics

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey uh
Gonna be honest here
I'd absolutely love Sans as DLC.
Me too. Especially if they manage to work in Papyrus somehow.

• Now that Shadow is back as an AT, Tails feels like an easy inclusion considering his popularity and the fact that Castlevania and Street Fighter already have two characters. Even if he's a semi-clone like Isabelle, he could work.
Thoughts?
I could see that, though the only wrinkle is the possible soft deconfirmation via his Spirit, iirc.

Otherwise, it's entirely possible he won't be in until Smash 6. I imagine that Sega may have possibly asked for Sakurai to include Sonic characters next time, only for Sakurai to agree on the condition that they allow him to have Sonic killed off in WOL.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Actually:
-No XCX music despite us getting XC2 music
-DLC plan was made when XC2's existence was unknown
-No signs of any XCX content in the game
Hmm..
I don't believe there is any Tropical Freeze music/content either!!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I could see that, though the only wrinkle is the possible soft deconfirmation via his Spirit, iirc.

Otherwise, it's entirely possible he won't be in until Smash 6. I imagine that Sega may have possibly asked for Sakurai to include Sonic characters next time, only for Sakurai to agree only if they allow him to have Sonic killed off in WOL.
Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies before they were added in Smash 4 as DLC though.

Being Trophies didn't stop characters from being added post-release, and since Spirits are a replacement to that I don't see why they'd be any different.

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Vergeben

"
I should probably state that Senjougahara__Hitagi (who has a great track record if you look into them on reddit, and is someone I talk to and crosscheck things with since we have met) has heard the same things for Smash that I have.
The only difference in our information has been them hearing that Steve from Minecraft will be playable and discussions with Cygames were happening to get a Granblue Fantasy character (which seems to be Katalina in particular) into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

While I cannot personally back those two things on my end yet from my personal sources, what we can do is consider adding up what I have heard and put out for SSBU combined with what Hitagi heard and has said, which could point us in a direction that reveals that 3 out of the 5 DLC characters seem to be
The Square Enix character. I can vouch is definitely happening and the first DLC character at that.

Steve from Minecraft. Minecraft discussions happened that lead to my knowledge that content is planned to be present. I have been told it could be an AT, stage, item, or "possibly" a character. It looks like character, stage, and theme will be how if what Hitagi has heard is accurate. At this point, I do not doubt it much.

Cygames' Granblue Fantasy getting a guest character (Katalina mentioned by name)
This comes from Hitagi as I have said. But they seemed confident that the discussions happened on a serious level."

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Maybe I missed the boat on discussion about this, but when it comes to Piranha Plant, I think he's actually a great pick for a pre-order bonus. Everyone knows who he is. My girlfriend who's never owned a game console in her life knew exactly who I was talking about when I described the character.

So for a free incentive to throw at people you want to be early adopters, he's perfect. He'll be familiar to the large majority of people without being an All-Star, "how could they make him a bonus"-type character. He also looks really quirky and fun to boot!

D

Deleted member

I know XCX didn't do so well but damn...
I'm theorising about Elma as DLC actually, and the XCX music wouod come with her. It makes no sense to exclude the music otherwise(unless it's all unlockable and we haven't seen it).

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Vergeben

"
I should probably state that Senjougahara__Hitagi (who has a great track record if you look into them on reddit, and is someone I talk to and crosscheck things with since we have met) has heard the same things for Smash that I have.
The only difference in our information has been them hearing that Steve from Minecraft will be playable and discussions with Cygames were happening to get a Granblue Fantasy character (which seems to be Katalina in particular) into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

While I cannot personally back those two things on my end yet from my personal sources, what we can do is consider adding up what I have heard and put out for SSBU combined with what Hitagi heard and has said, which could point us in a direction that reveals that 3 out of the 5 DLC characters seem to be
The Square Enix character. I can vouch is definitely happening and the first DLC character at that.

Steve from Minecraft. Minecraft discussions happened that lead to my knowledge that content is planned to be present. I have been told it could be an AT, stage, item, or "possibly" a character. It looks like character, stage, and theme will be how if what Hitagi has heard is accurate. At this point, I do not doubt it much.

Cygames' Granblue Fantasy getting a guest character (Katalina mentioned by name)
This comes from Hitagi as I have said. But they seemed confident that the discussions happened on a serious level."
What is granblue fantasy and why should qe care?

And is this dlc going to all be 3rd party?
Hope not.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Chrom being in Robin's FS just means no character is truly deconfirmed for DLC.
Pretty much. None of this "But we can't have TWO of the same character on screen!" shenanigans.

If it's really such an issue they could always make it so that AT's could just not be played if their character version is in play.

I doubt we get any AT promotions or mii costume characters (Rex) this DLC wave, as they seemed to suggest all DLC was decided on already for this pass. I doubt they spend the time to put in an AT for a character who's going to be DLC in a few months to a year. But, if we get more in the future I think it's definitely a possibility.

GrownManJones

Smash Cadet
That makes me wonder if a fighter on a pass comes with an Echo does it count as two? probably not. Would they have echoes on a dlc character pass though?
I hope so, for sure.

I'm hoping Nintendo will go the extra mile and throw in an Echo with the packs or make an Echo pack itself with 3-5 fighters. I would pay for that to be honest. This is all wishful thinking though as the game is pretty much perfect at this point. Base roster + Plant and 5 more characters. Unreal.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm gonna make a bold claim here. I think Sakurai saved some fan requests and wants for DLC in his gameplan for DLC and that's really that.

My current thoughts until something else changes my mind:

Geno
Dixie
Elma
Shocking Surprise #1/Steve? Banjo?
Shocking Surprise #2/Sora? Other 3rd party?

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
What is granblue fantasy and why should qe care?

And is this dlc going to all be 3rd party?
Hope not.
Apparently it's a popular game in Japan. I don't know anything about it myself. But if this is all true then I'm gonna save some $$$ and not get all the DLC. Seems so far it's a 3rd party lineup but there's 2 slots left so who knows

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Until Sakurai says 'assist trophies or spirits deconfirm playable characters' everything is on the table.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm theorising about Elma as DLC actually, and the XCX music wouod come with her. It makes no sense to exclude the music otherwise(unless it's all unlockable and we haven't seen it).
Your third point you mentioned about Elma is untrue, there is a skell spirit:

But nevertheless, the lack of X music is suspicious enough to make me think Elma has a real chance.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Pretty much. None of this "But we can't have TWO of the same character on screen!" shenanigans.

If it's really such an issue they could always make it so that AT's could just not be played if their character version is in play.

I doubt we get any AT promotions or mii costume characters (Rex) this DLC wave, as they seemed to suggest all DLC was decided on already for this pass. I doubt they spend the time to put in an AT for a character who's going to be DLC in a few months to a year. But, if we get more in the future I think it's definitely a possibility.
*sigh*

*Wolverine meme with the photo replaced with a picture of Isaac*
(I'm kidding, by the way)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Apparently it's a popular game in Japan. I don't know anything about it myself. But if this is all true then I'm gonna save some $$$ and not get all the DLC. Seems so far it's a 3rd party lineup but there's 2 slots left so who knows
So a square rep
Steve from minecraft
Granblue??
Random1
Random2

Looks like most are 3rd party. I might pass bbn on them also. Well. Not preorder.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I could see the dlc being Geno, Steve, Eggman or Tails, Elma and I dunno for the last spot.

Obviously they wouldn’t/shouldn’t go in that order lol

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
So a square rep
Steve from minecraft
Granblue??
Random1
Random2

Looks like most are 3rd party. I might pass bbn on them also. Well. Not preorder.
Edit: Idk how reliable LeakyPandy is though

"
I did not say anything about me being almost sure that the Square Enix character is a Dragon Quest character. I brought up that LeakyPandy heard the Square Enix character would be DLC (something we both wound up hearing) but he also heard that they would be revealed at The Game Awards and hinted at it being from Dragon Quest.
I am not backing what they are saying in bringing something to attention that people may not be aware that they did.

I'm not going to list off the Square Enix character names that I heard the character is being spread around to be by Square Enix themselves to stamp out leakers within their company since they have an intolerant stance against them. I gain nothing from doing that if the character someone really wants for instance is among those names and not it, then somehow I am the a****** to blame for them not actually being chosen and will be harassed because it isn't who they wanted.
Not to mention it putting people's jobs in jeopardy at Square Enix because they will fire people under suspicion alone. Even if they did nothing wrong. I don't want to deal with any of that and the issues that come from saying the Square Enix character names it has been said to be. Sorry. " - Vergeben

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319/911668687

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I could see the dlc being Geno, Steve, Eggman or Tails, Elma and I dunno for the last spot.

A second Sonic rep as DLC seems like a potential choice. Maybe Sakurai's going to make it the first third party with two unique fighters and that's why he overlooked Shadow.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe so, but until then I'll just assume the 5-fighter pass is all that's left, for the sake of the staff's health.

Yeah he later mentions in the thread that the leaker he cross references seems to think it's a Dragon Quest rep for Square Enix:

"
I did not say anything about me being almost sure that the Square Enix character is a Dragon Quest character. I brought up that LeakyPandy heard the Square Enix character would be DLC (something we both wound up hearing) but he also heard that they would be revealed at The Game Awards and hinted at it being from Dragon Quest.
I am not backing what they are saying in bringing something to attention that people may not be aware that they did.

I'm not going to list off the Square Enix character names that I heard the character is being spread around to be by Square Enix themselves to stamp out leakers within their company since they have an intolerant stance against them. I gain nothing from doing that if the character someone really wants for instance is among those names and not it, then somehow I am the a****** to blame for them not actually being chosen and will be harassed because it isn't who they wanted.
Not to mention it putting people's jobs in jeopardy at Square Enix because they will fire people under suspicion alone. Even if they did nothing wrong. I don't want to deal with any of that and the issues that come from saying the Square Enix character names it has been said to be. Sorry. " - Vergeben

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319/911668687
All they need to do now is to put duct tape on that one higher-up at SE that can't resist leaking things before they're announced.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Geno, Steve, Tails/Eggman, Elma and Audino?

praline, you're crazy!
A second Sonic rep as DLC seems like a potential choice. Maybe Sakurai's going to make it the first third party with two unique fighters and that's why he overlooked Shadow.
If it's Tails, that works for me!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vergeben

"

Whelp three out of the five we know now. At this point considering his track record this is likely true.

D

Deleted member

Maybe so, but until then I'll just assume the 5-fighter pass is all that's left, for the sake of the staff's health.
There's a good chance that it'll be a different team, because Smash 4's DLC cycle was made by a whole different team. I also can't see this game not getting a second season, where we have so many other fighting games like Tekken get a second season of DLC.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Edit: Idk how reliable LeakyPandy is though

"

So.

Slime from dq
Katalina from granblue
Steve from minecraft.

And....
When are they going to add nintendo favorites?

Dlc just feels weak.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Not a bad mindset to have. We'll let the Fighter's pass actually come out before wondering if there's going to be more or not.

My point was mainly for those fans of AT characters so they don't stop supporting the characters they like just because they feel it's a complete impossibility.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Damn, that direct was pretty.. Sweet. I didn't see everything I wanted, but the story mode looks great (Infinity War 2 LUL).

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom