• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm so glad everyone is warming up to my Plant man. This is honestly the greatest character Sakurai has ever come up with.

DLC? I have ideas:

1) The Bandana Boy
2) Sora
3) Dixie as her own unique fighter (or Funky)
4) Banjo
5) Chorus Kids

Personally I can't see them add too many third parties this time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You must have good taste for including Rayman like that <3
At this point I find his chances had increased due to deconfirmation of Spring Man and Rex.

Reason I say Rayman may get in is because of Nintendo and Ubisoft having a really good relationship and the fact Rayman himself appeared as a trophy in Sm4sh.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Not sure if its been mentioned, but it looks like we got some Eternal Darkness representation in form of a spirit for Alex Roivas. so that's cool.
View attachment 174904
Yeah, I saw that on the site, earlier. That's an amazing pull, and I didn't know Nintendo had the rights to Eternal Darkness. Good.

This is why the argument "Sakurai hates X fans" is really stupid. Sakurai loves all kinds of games. That's why he constantly makes Smash a celebration of all kinds of different games, including content from all over. That's what Spirits mode is about. Does he like some games more than others? Of course, because he's an individual person with his own tastes. But that doesn't mean that he hates any particular game or fanbase. He wouldn't be in his job if he did.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Updated my roster because holy crap Incineroar looks incredible. Old-time rasslin' is one of my many, many aesthetics. I love that Incineroar feels the need to cut a promo every single time he lands a hit, lol

UltimateFinal.png

Smooth Criminal

LetterO

Smash Lord
You know, if a certain third party rep from a certain company that's already talked with Nintendo about Smash gets in, I think many people (me included) will rip and tear their wallet.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I'm still going to do that Esperanto translation of the whole game.

Google Translate and the Esperanto Wikipedia will be a big help.

Guile's name will be Tromp. Don't @ me.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I want Shulk wearing Dr. Strange's outfit as a skin now.
Shulk is the Doctor Strange of Smash Bros.

As Snake is Nick Fury, Donkey Kong is Hulk, Pit is Thor, Link is Hawkeye, Mario is Iron Man, Samus is Black Widow and Captain Falcon is Captain America.

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
DLC predictions? Here’s mine in no particular order!

1. Geno

2. Banjo and Kazooie

3. Adult Isaac or Mathew

4. Magnus

5. Chorus Kids
other than geno, im predicting 100% a third party will be in

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Looking back on the Ken trailer, do you think it's possible to do an N-Air > Tatsumaki > Heavy Shoryuken for mAsSiVe DaMaGe? Because looking from the footage, he went from N-Air, double jump, tatsumaki, and that was the quickest frame I've seen. Ken ain't just fast, he's fast.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of hope Piranha plant comes with a pipe zone, mario 3 stage.

He's probably not. But Mario 3 needs some love.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'm really conflicted about spirits replacing trophies. I understand that creating/importing models is labor intensive and i love the idea of having collectible support characters, but I hope they can keep the character bio parts of trophies for spirits.

I really just loved reading through all the histories of all these characters you collect, I'm sad to see that go.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

1. Geno

2. Banjo and Kazooie

3. Adult Isaac or Mathew

4. Magnus

5. Chorus Kids
1. Bandanna Dee

2. Crono/Geno/Sora (I think it'd be one of these three.)

3. Rayman

4. Tails

5. Chorus Kids/RH rep
(If there's too many third parties, swap Rayman with Dixie.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, what happened with the talk about a Granblue Fantasy character? Was that official or just a fake text leak?
That was confirmed fake pretty quickly after it came out, If I remember correctly.

DLC predictions?
After Piranha Plant came out, very few things can be predicted about this game. Plus, most people's 'predictions' are just wishlists, so I'll make that. In no particular order:

1) Sora/Crono/Sephiroth/DQ character for a Square rep
2) Vaati/Impa (we need a new Zelda rep!)
3) Hades/Medusa (as a Semi-Clone at worst since they said they weren't doing Echoes....for this set anyway)
4) Paper Mario/Kamek (Another Mario Character wouldn't be bad; he is the face of Nintendo afterall)
5) ....No idea....

I honestly can get past 4 that would be possible. Aside from the obligatory demand for Gothitelle, I'd say Shantae, and she was acknowledged since she's in there (with WayForward's updated design for her) as a Spirit, but I think that's the most she'll get. There's a fair chance we'll get Banjo or something, but I dont really care for him; never really liked the game honestly lol. I will admit he's got a pretty fair chance of making it. Oh, I suppose there's Rayman. Demand is out there and he was a Trophy in the last game; I'd like to see him in, but I get the vibe he wont be in here either. Call it a gut feeling.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Has anyone noticed that Lifelight has the same pitch as the teaser back in March? The dudes at SORA really know when and how to foreshadow this kind of stuff.
Look, here's the vocal version...
...and now the teaser.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My boi Piranha Plant needs a trumpet heavy theme song with a rap in it

Thanks in advance Sakurai

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

1. Geno

2. Banjo and Kazooie

3. Adult Isaac or Mathew

4. Magnus

5. Chorus Kids
I'll give this a go:
1) Geno
2) Dixie Kong
3) Bandana Dee
4) Sora
5) Banjo-Kazooie

(not necessarily in this order)

I'm going under the assumption that characters confirmed as spirits, if treated like Mewtwo's trophy in Smash 4, could still have a shot as DLC. I have a feeling though that my predictions may be way off base, but I'll be sticking by this until we know more about the actual DLC contents over time.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
It's sad people won't take a whole 3 redesigns and making Ganondorf slightly less of a clone but no newcomer means he hates the series to death.
I mean the series deserves a new character, but in every other category, Zelda's gotten major care.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Watching reaction videos... I think the Piranha Plant was a great idea. It's gotten amazing reactions (some even stronger than K Rool) and mostly positive! It's almost like Sakurai knows what he's doing...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If there was ever a character that didn't need a new stage, it'd be Piranha Plant. :p

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Watching reaction videos... I think the Piranha Plant was a great idea. It's gotten amazing reactions (some even stronger than K Rool) and mostly positive! It's almost like Sakurai knows what he's doing...
the 5 people who have made a dozen accounts each to shout about it on the internet aren't happy but i mean the rest of us are

:denzel:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I just realized with Incineroar's inclusion, Pokemon is the only franchise to have a newcomer added in every Smash game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom