• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Isaac: Did you do it?
Sakurai: Yes.
Isaac: What did it cost?
Sakurai: *Looks at Kirby* Almost everything.

Sorry again but I had too.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
pics or didnt happen
If I wasn’t on mobile I would have snapped a pic, but you can clearly see it at the beginning of when Falcon goes into the Blue Falcon.

Anyways if this is the case, what would y’all think of an F-Zero DLC character?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
If we’re talking about deaths, how about the entire crowd of the boxing arena being burnt alive in the infernos of Firecat’s Final Smash? There’s no way that huge explosion is just confined within the arena.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
After taking a short nap, I do gotta agree that the characters in the the fighter pass will probably all be 3rd parties, or at least most of it will. I still think we’ll get 1st party reps like a FE Three Houses character and an 8th Gen Pokemon, but I feel like they’ll be stand alone like Piranha Plant is. I do hope that’s the same for 1st party characters too, as there’s only a handful you can really pick from after the Great Assist Trophy Massacre. Only ones I can see are Bandana Waddle Dee and Dixie. They’re the only somewhat big ones left I can think of.
DLC was decided at 2015 as well, I believe. We won't be getting a Gen 8 rep, or a Three Houses one either I believe.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, a question: Am I the only person who remembers a textpost on 4chan that pretty laid out the entirety of the Kencineroar trailer, or is that just me?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So with Vergeben's track record at this point, is it safe to assume 2 of the DLC packs are a SE rep and Minecraft content?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No one tell Luigi the President about the supposed Spirit..... After Sassy Geno died, he won't be able to take it.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Back in september he also called out Shadow being in my man. I truly think NO ONE know the Square-Enix rep, except maybe Spawn-Wave and a close circle of people if the reveal actually happens at the VGA.
i dont recall jon doubling down on shadow like he did geno in the last discussion video but /shrug

D

Deleted member

So, a question: Am I the only person who remembers a textpost on 4chan that pretty laid out the entirety of the Kencineroar trailer, or is that just me?
I expected the boxing ring setting from the start regarding Kencineroar.

Easy to imagine.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everybody I found out something that could be another poltergeist-esque hint...
The Blue Falcon has a new emblem on it that’s never been seen before...

Does that mean we get a new F-Zero game?
I've never even played F-Zero, but just give Falcon another game already. It's been over a decade...

D

Deleted member

Nothing's been proven. None of those characters are Steve.

If they did that to Steve, that would still be creative license in changing his appearance, and given that Sakurai prefers to stay faithful to the original source material, that seems unlikely.

It'd be the equivalent of giving Wii Fit Trainer a different and more expressive face. The difference between Steve and WFT is that WFT has some of the most unique animations and attacks of the entire roster, accompanied by voice clips. Steve has very few animations in Minecraft, his attack moves are limited, and he has only one basic voice clip.

Steve wasn't designed to be a fleshed-out character. He was designed to be basically the bare minimum of an appearance and animation for a game that's mostly played in first person anyways.

I mean, Piranha Plant has shown us that anything is possible. But I think between Banjo and Steve, the choice is obvious to all parties.
I mean, they all have the same body structure, so they are the same in Steve. Also, it is so easy to make Steve move.

YouTubers managed to make Steve look Minecraft and give him fluent animation.

They can do it just fine. It is not like they are going to paper copy Steve from Minecraft.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Man, one Direct with a surprise character (a Smash standard) a promo Pokemon (a Smash standard) and a clone (a Smash standard) and now popularity doesn't matter like all those earlier reveals just didn't happen.

I think some of you may need glasses, because that's short-sighted.
I'M PROUD OF THAT JOKE

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Chosen for what?

C-CHOSEN FOR WHAT???
Riddles and K.Rool were picked because Sakurai is a closet scalie.

Fixed it.
Okay, I have a hard time arguing with that. Maybe Waluigi fans have a little bit of a reason to be upset with Piranha Plant. Although Piranha Plant is still the more confusing of the two of them in a way, and that is really saying something.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
.Soo... Looks like Bosses are confirmed to be in World of Light. which gives me a hope for boss rush mode

Confirmed boss:
Galleom from Brawl
Dracula
That dragon from Monster Hunter

Which bosses that you think will be in Spirit?

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I think Geno and Shantae still have a shot imo. There're in this weird Smash 4 Mewtwo/Lucas situation where they're technically in the game, but as a very small thing like a trophy/spirit, but still having the chance as DLC.

Untouch

Smash Master
That was posted here, it was before the September direct, I think it was a coincidence.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
DLC was decided at 2015 as well, I believe. We won't be getting a Gen 8 rep, or a Three Houses one either I believe.
That’s why I think if it happens, they’ll be standalone that aren’t in the fighter pass.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Honestly, after this whole thing, I just want insiders not to say anything at all and just let us be surprised.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Big difference here.

All the other background theories were about "Colors" or some chairs or plants.

This here IS the Nobody Symbol from Kingdom Hearts.

D

Deleted member

I will be dissapointed at the comunity if we don’t get Little Shop Of Horrors ****posts with the Plant in.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Are there some characters missing from the Spirts cutscene? Ken and Incenaroar I can understand because of leaks, but I don’t see Luigi, Yoshi, Jiggs, Ness, Lucas, or Meta Knight and probably a bunch of others too. You think they died offscreen? Or are they going to make an unexpected appearance throughout the story?

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Like, maybe if they didn't put forward a WTF/joke character at a time where character slots are more limited and this'd be the last Smash game for a while, MAYBE Pirahna could have been a better addition?
Yeah, maybe this is why I feel the way I do. I guess it's just that this is probably the jokiest character we've gotten yet in the most limited roster we've gotten yet. Not a good combo lol

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No one tell Luigi the President about the supposed Spirit..... After Sassy Geno died, he won't be able to take it.
Shroob...It has been my duty to break people's dream with the Sassy Geno debunk, the possibility of the Box theory being real with Square being DLC, trying to debunk the Grinch leak, defending Insiders.

I have to do it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the online was greatly improved except why the **** can't we also include stage select specifications if we have all these specific rules

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Man, one Direct with a surprise character (a Smash standard) a promo Pokemon (a Smash standard) and a clone (a Smash standard) and now popularity doesn't matter like all those earlier reveals just didn't happen.

I think some of you may need glasses, because that's short-sighted.
I'M PROUD OF THAT JOKE
Don't forget the long line of deconfirmations.

Noipoi

Howdy!
.Soo... Looks like Bosses are confirmed to be in World of Light. which gives me a hope for boss rush mode

Confirmed boss:
Galleom from Brawl
Dracula
That dragon from Monster Hunter

Which bosses that you think will be in Spirit?
Necrozma, or maybe they bring back Rayquaza.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So who's going to try and get into Elite Smash using just Pichu?

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion but Piranha Plant interests me more than King K.Rool. Also guys please spell "Piranha" correctly it's not hard.

And man, these overreactions are honestly really funny considering that K.Rool and Ridley would have been enough for this fanbase to shut up in the past. You guys are simply never satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom