• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
You know, I gotta congratulate @drag0nscythe. They were the only person sticking with Box Theory, despite the Grinch and the insiders. Mad props dude.
I think DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon deserves some props as well for being such a staunch defender of Box Theory (well, as much props as anyone can deserve for buying into the right speculative theory about a video game on the Internet, haha).

But even to the rest of you out there who always stood by your belief that we'd only get Ken and Incineroar in the base game based on the box's design: nice work deducing the most plausible theory! I was wrong in my doubt of it, and you were right. I was wrong in my skepticism of the legitimacy of Vergeben's information, as well, for that matter, and those of you who never doubted him were right. I have no shame in admitting such, and I look forward to speculating and theorizing about DLC with you all, regardless of who ends up being the most correct! Let the journey begin.

D

Deleted member

Skull Kid's an AT again according to the site.

That said, I wonder how support for upgrading AT will go. People keep campaigning for Waluigi. Is it going to be the same for characters like Skull Kid, Shadow and Isaac?
I wouldn't put stock in TBH. I'm pulling for Sylux now.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I use the £, so I'm not too fluent when it comes to that sort of thing. It does still sound like a lot of money however, for freaking Smash.
I think that is the perfect price. Smash Ultimate is a masterpiece and should be priced that high.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Did he actually confirm that Steve is playable, or that we are getting some sort of "minecraft content?" Last I had heard, he didn't specify character.
I think if Verge is right, it can only be a character. We know what's in the game. We know how DLC is handled with one character/stage/music. If Minecraft content is still in and wasn't something scraped, welcome Steve to the roster.

:c

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Minecraft is totes going to be like that stage similar to Mario Maker where it changes or something.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not gonna lie, seeing all the smug faces on the really obnoxious teamreal folks being swiped out made my day. The salt, the wasted fanart, it was all glorious to see crashing down. Maybe I was wrong about the Box Theory, but I sure as hell wasn't wrong about people going too far in on the Grinch.

Thanks, Piranha Plant. :denzel:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Also trophies being gone is a sin. Now Classic Mode is entirely pointless and only there because of precedence.

Only thing that annoyed me this Direct.

Last edited:

PeterMatthins

Smash Rookie
omw to local liquor store to get some cheap Vodka

Gonna blare out some Golden Sun music for those lads who were screwed over today.

The official FB page made a post of Isaac and I've never seen such a dense amount of Sad and Angry reacts lol

D

Deleted member

I was always indifferent of who got in, since Crash would probably join as DLC rather than in the base roster.

Nevertheless, i want to try Ken and Incineroar a lot.

I will still campaign to get Crash in as DLC.

Graizen

Smash Champion

He even said that there is high chance that the Square-Enix DLC will be the first being shown in Reddit.
And with the VGA Rumor.

Let's go. Erdrick or Sora.
LET'S RAVE IT UP!

IM DYING ON THAT HILL! DECEMBER 6 HERE I COMES!
Nekoo , just think about it...

Putting Sora AND Steve in Smash means he will get the Kingdom Hearts AND Minecraft fanbase in Smash.

My GOD thats bilions of people.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I can see Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong being first party heavy hitters but even Dixie's impact would be kind of muted, seeing as we already have K Rool...

Idk. DLC is probably going to be mostly third parties.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I've been shouting until I was blue in the face to "So it's safe to assume box theory is dead," folks.

Again and again and again I had to copy paste:
"No, the presence of an unproven leak no matter how believable does not negate another theory built on currently existing evidence."

Eventually, I just stopped and ****posted in nintenzone though, because it was too much effort.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
omw to local liquor store to get some cheap Vodka

Gonna blare out some Golden Sun music for those lads who were screwed over today.

The official FB page made a post of Isaac and I've never seen such a dense amount of Sad and Angry reacts lol
Sakurai has officially driven someone to drink.
This is where we at now.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nekoo , just think about it...

Putting Sora AND Steve in Smash means he will get the Kingdom Hearts AND Minecraft fanbase in Smash.

My GOD thats bilions of people.
Yes, that's how you print money my man.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I don't begrudge people for being upset that their character didn't make it in, provided that their character had good reason to. I wouldn't have been too upset about Dark Samus or Chibi-Robo because they're not very popular characters and don't have a whole lot of support. So if they didn't make it in, I'd be like "Yeah, that makes sense."

Geno, Isaac, Banjo, etc. are all characters who have been massively supported for over a decade, like Ridley and K. Rool. I wanted them to get into the game for that alone, even though I have no personal investment in any of them. And I do believe they have good chances at being DLC fighters, so I'm hopeful for that. I can only wish that the people who do have personal investment in them will have that hope, too, and make their voices heard.

The only complaining about Smash that's ever really annoyed me is the Melee elitism. It's fine if you like Melee more than the other games. Melee was one of my first Nintendo games in general, it holds a special place in my heart, and I love going back and playing it every now and again. But I don't like how its competitive scene is centered around glitches and weird techniques rather than on good character balance, and the people who talk trash about Brawl and Smash 4 just because it isn't exactly like Melee, and insult those that do like them, bug me.
Yeah. Sorry, I didn't intend this comment towards you or anything. This fanbase just drives me over the edge sometimes.

I fully understand the drive behind character support, but some people here are acting like their lives are over becasue the Grinch is dead and it's ridiculous.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
lmao stop arguing over leaks and can we actually try to get to the bottom of nintendo's apparent offical version of wavedashing?

That might be lowkey the biggest change if that image i was sent on discord can be confirmed and possibly understand what nintendo's definition is (Because iirc the demo build has it but it's really weird like you gotta shorthop to do it.)

The grinch leak couldnt be debunked decently, and it was just a matter of waiting. Stop arguing and actually talk about the game now.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So now that no doubt remains and the initial shock has worn off there's only one question remaining.

Who is responsible for the Grinch leak? Because they played this community like a fiddle.
Correction.

They played the community like a damn fiddle.
I mean, I don't begrudge people for being upset that their character didn't make it in, provided that their character had good reason to. I wouldn't have been too upset about Dark Samus or Chibi-Robo because they're not very popular characters and don't have a whole lot of support. So if they didn't make it in, I'd be like "Yeah, that makes sense."

Geno, Isaac, Banjo, etc. are all characters who have been massively supported for over a decade, like Ridley and K. Rool. I wanted them to get into the game for that alone, even though I have no personal investment in any of them. And I do believe they have good chances at being DLC fighters, so I'm hopeful for that. I can only wish that the people who do have personal investment in them will have that hope, too, and make their voices heard.

The only complaining about Smash that's ever really annoyed me is the Melee elitism. It's fine if you like Melee more than the other games. Melee was one of my first Nintendo games in general, it holds a special place in my heart, and I love going back and playing it every now and again. But I don't like how its competitive scene is centered around glitches and weird techniques rather than on good character balance, and the people who talk trash about Brawl and Smash 4 just because it isn't exactly like Melee, and insult those that do like them, bug me.
Speaking of Chibi-Robo, I thought the Chibi-Robo Mii Costume was cute.

About Geno, Isaac,, Banjo et al, even if there's no intention of making them playable. I... suppose there's always petitions or something.

Not that petitions are guaranteed to work or anything, the only successful gaming petitions I can think of are Operation Rainfall and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate is the same price as new games, actually. So it is usual for Ultimate to be this much money.
1541104356240.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think it's funny how people are already saying the single player content is disappointment compared to Smash 4's. As much as I love that game, Smash 4's single player was absolute garbage and its only saving graces were Smash Run (3DS exclusive) and Master Core (trapped within an awful version of classic mode), and both of those were still controversial in their own right. I know this is subjective, but I don't see how having a proper adventure mode doesn't make its single player better by default unless they somehow really mess it up.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
DLC I'd be absolutely hyped for:
Bandana Dee
Crash Bandicoot
Doomguy
The Kid (lel)

Anyone else I'm open to convincing but those ^ are the ones I'd really like to see.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
About Rex... I think there's still a chance he's one of the DLC fighters. His Mii costume looks very detailed and the timing could be in his favor. Not gonna hope for it, in any case.
It stings how hard Xenoblade X got shafted, I hope Elma's DLC with a stage, too.
apparently season 1 of dlc has a cutoff aroun the same time too so Elma could be in.. And Rex and Pyra would be shoo ins for Season 2.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just realized, don't Incineroar and K. Rool have similar up throws? They seem to have that same move as their up throws. Does anybody know what that wrestling move is called?

I'm guessing they're going to be boss battles in WoL similar to how that robot at the end of the WoL trailer was. Hell they even had the same type of "intro boss cinematic" where the boss prepares to battle.
During the WoL trailer, you can see Rathalos landing on the world map, so I'm guessing that you'll be able to fight bosses in WoL. Dracula too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also trophies being gone is a sin. Now Classic Mode is entirely pointless and only there because of precedence.

Only thing that annoyed me this Direct.
I'm not sure if people only play it because of a completely aesthetic collectible.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think out of all the characters that didn't make it in Skull kid has it the worse. At least with the likes of Shadow, Geno, and Isaac there will always be a next time, since Shadow can always be made an echo as long as Sonic is around, Geno is recognized by Sakurai, and Isaac is the MC of his series. But with Skull Kid, he had both the ballot and MM 3D going for him and yet he didn't make it.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
honestly i had given up hope about geno because everyone was saying sora would be the dlc since he's more popular but after a quick google search..
"All characters and worlds original to the Kingdom Hearts franchise are owned by The Walt Disney Company."
i have significantly less high expectations for sora and better hopes for geno tbh. sora is owned by square and disney. geno is just owned by square (and partially nintendo from what we know about him being used) and itd be WAY easier for sakurai to make a deal with square for a character he wants than having to deal with a character owned by square AND disney
To quote Tim Allen:
"NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER"

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
how you guys feel if the DLC was:

Sora and KH stage

Steve and Minecraft Stage

Crash Bandicot and Crash Stage

Solaire and Dark Souls Stage

Waluigi and Bowser castle stage (the fan pleaser pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom