• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Well, There it is.
Finally the Grinch leak is absolutely ****ing dead. Thanks ****ing god.

Ken and Incineroar's trailer looked absolutely ****ing fantastic and I called it. A double trailer!

Spirit Mode/Story Mode looks absolutely banana. I ****ing absolutely love it. That cutscenes and the music is beautiful.

I feel ****ing sad for Isaac and Shadow who got Assist'd. Skull Kid too. Spring man too.
Rex got Mii'd right as DLC is Announced.

Geno got Sprit'd, alongside Shantae and a DQ slime.

The ****ing Piranhas Plant look absolutely banana, I love it, I was laughing so much!

DLC plan announced with a fighter pass of 5 Characters, stages and music...

Wait... Where is the Square Rep?

Oh.

Oh...

View attachment 174561

Welp... Guys. Time to buckle up. I'm riding that hype train to the VGA for Sora.
I'm actually so happy it deconfirmed characters hard at least. It makes speculation that much easier and it seems like Sora is contender #1 for DLC. And we'll actually know the day before the game releases if it's true.

My hope is still for Banjo at least for one of the 5. I have a feeling Chorus Kids is probably a spirit character too so yeah.

- Sora
- Banjo
- Capcom character/Dante maybe (I wanna kick the **** out of Bayo so bad with him lol)
- FE Character
- Bamco Character

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I was salty and disappointed for a bit, but after watching the worlds of lights trailer again that **** looks awesome. And piranha plant looks dope af as well.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
im still trying to figure out where home run contest is, and all those stadium modes (other than multi man)

D

Deleted member

Didn’t people agree that after the direct, we shouldn’t rub it in people’s faces if x theory was correct or wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Someone help me out here, is Spirits and world of light the same thing?
Spirits are the new 'Trophies', more like the stickers in Brawl. World of Light is the adventure mode revolving around how those game characters got turned into spirits/stickers.

I hope they let Sakurai get some sleep, though.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
World of Light is really disappointing. The cutscene got me hyped but the gameplay looks boring. It's just a map with regular battles, not an adventure mode.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Ahm.. sorry guys but I have the urge to say this... ahm..

HAHAHAHA.. Vergeben was right.. doubter owns him an apology
He should get an apology, but he was NOT right about everything, otherwise we would have gotten Minecraft content and a Square Enix rep. And don't say, "he meant for DLC!" That is not what he said.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Ok. I’ve calmed down a bit. I’m looking on the bright side. Sakurai/Nintendo actually acknowledged Isaac’s and Golden Sun’s existence after 10 years. I’m staying strong for Matthew or Felix DLC. Please Sakurai you can’t tease us like this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I JUST SAW THE DIRECT AND HOLY **** THAT PLANT IS ****ING BRILLIANT SAKURAI BE LIKE "**** YOU WHINY ASSHOLES WHO WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED HERE'S A GENERIC ASS MOOK" I LOVE IT ALSO AAAAAAAAA HOLY **** THAT WAS AMAZING SHAME ABOUT ISAAC, RIP MY BLONDE BOY BUT HOLY **** ERMAHGERD SO GOOD

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So let me address one thing.

I was linked dozens of times to the two or three artists claiming the leak was too hard to make, every single time I insisted it wasn't. Over and over, my points were ignored and Triple1Dee's post was constantly referenced as "evidence" that the leak was too hard to fake.

Well, it doesn't matter how many people can't make it. All it takes is one person who can. I was and am very confident that I could reproduce that leak over a weekend. Omni straight up said it was like a four hour job for him.

Listen to people who know what they're talking about.
I wanna thank you for your points and work. You and Omni were the reason I stopped believing the Grinch leak and overall I enjoyed the direct more because of it.

Thanks! :)

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Whoever made the grinch leak, MUST BE MOTHER****ING GENIUS.

I'm impressed that mario's regular enemy joined the smash.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Geno was found to be a Spirit
Oh, was Bandana Dee seen as a spirit as well? I saw a regular Waddle Dee but not him. Maybe he could be DLC.

Edit: just remembered Sora would be perfect for DLC. Sakurai will probably add another Fire Emblem character as well tbh. But I can definitely see Rayman and Banjo Kazooie making it in as DLC, especially cuz they weren’t shown as spirits and they’re both well known popular third parties.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
i think guile assist was the highlight of the direct for me
he literally just crouches and waits for you to approach so he can flash kick you
now i know for sure they keep as true to the original series as possible

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
So tell me: How many of you are actually not gonna buy the game because of this Direct?
I need to gauge whether I was right about the community’s reaction to the game or not.
Obviously, anyone who's not getting the game because of this one Direct is silly, and I don't think such people exist.

I'm definitely not getting the DLC, though. Not having access to the complete roster will pain me deeply, but I must stand by my principles.

DLC is not okay.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
There’s no problem with being disappointed. The problem lies in how you express your disappointment.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Sakurai wasn't considered a mad man before, he definitely is now.
Youtube Link
Sakurai: I just introduced a potted plant as a playable character in a fighting game... I'd like to commit myself.
Mental Hospital Receptionist: Very well, shall I show you to your room or would you like to be dragged off kicking and screaming?
Sakurai: Ooh, kicking and screaming, please.
*hospital porters come and drag Sakurai away*
Sakurai: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

D

Deleted member

All I can say right now is this.

Vergeben? You better be ****ing right about that Square rep. And you know the one we want.

That's all I'll say. Spawn better come through next month.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Did anybody else feel very confused for a lot of the direct? The presentation wasn't very smooth and the whole thing felt off, even after a rewatch. Spirits mode was very confusing, feel like I don't have much grasp on it and it seemed like it tied into story mode but was unclear? Weirdest direct by far.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Reasonable Response: "I am going to miss trophies and spirits seem like a poor substitute. The fact that you aren't guaranteed to get your preferred rule set when playing online feels like a step down from Smash 4's For Fun / For Glory split. Joke characters such as Piranha Plant don't appeal to me that much and I still wish we got a character like Geno or Banjo, so that direct was disappointing for me."

Unreasonable Response: "Sakurai hates his fans! Geno was robbed and the game is ruined! Ultimate is the worst thing to ever happen to Nintendo!"

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
man i feel so bad for the waluigi fans :( , a plant got in before waluigi.....

but man did it made me laugh for a full 2 min i wasnt expecting that.
i got board from the spirits part... i was like ya we get it... ya ... we get it sakurai....
what i found odd is i find the online is perfect now... so why all the hate on online unless theres somthing i miss???

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Look, the game is amazing and I'd like to play it of course. But it's not worth giving them so much money when so many things are done so badly. I don't even know how to express this appropiately since english is not my first language: I've played hundreds of hours of every smash game, but I'm never a hardcore fan of anything, even with things I spend a lot of time with, because I find that to be just a way to blind yourself. I cannot applaud the decisions Sakurai and his team made with this smash by giving them money. And this critique is without even considering the characters that got deconfirmed and probably can't be DLC anymore (Geno, Isaac, Shadow and more) or the fact that we only got what, 6 or 7 completely new characters in the main game? in return for some things getting cut and other things getting done badly, the online that doesn't look good... I could go on. The expensive DLC crap and the Piranha Plant is just the straw that broke the camel's back (and yes the character looks fun but literally no one asked for it and there are still a lot of fan favourites that got left out). Also getting the game before that date to get Piranha is more crap.

However, I hope you have a great time with the game, but it's not for me anymore after this.
I totally understand. I have been mad at Sakurai for countless things as well like Bayonetta, Dark Pit, terrible dlc costs and never giving papermario fair representation. I honestly almost abandoned Nintendo as a whole with how they screwed me over and over during the WiiU era.

But I already got a switch and love playing smash with friends so I'll dish out the $100+ for a new controller and the game.

Definitely don't support them like a blind fan when they keep making bad decisions. Totally agree with you.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I really enjoyed the direct actually.

Is there a version of the banner with Piranha Plant on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom