• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie laughed my ass off when I saw Piranha Plant was like "HA! NO ONE ****ING SAW THIS COMING!! This is a great surprise!"

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Shadow deconfirmation hurt

But I’m not disappointed with the box theory being true tbh just surprised

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I feel....bleh after all that. Got a potted plant as a freebie and Shantae is a spirit so...neat? Guess box theory was right tho. :(
Most of the direct was so....bleh tho with a bunch of cool characters as ATs and no actual confirmation on at least the first DLC. Spirits took up most of the direct and even things like help and options. WTF.

I was right about Incineroar but outside the last bit the direct bored me

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I hope he understands how truly offensive piranha plant is as a choice for a playable character

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Pirahna plant before Isaac banjo or geno? And you thought that Incineroar would be the most hated newcomer

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
The adventure mode doesn't look that interesting to me. It just seems like events repackaged with some kind of HUB world and boss battles like that thing from Brawl. I would have much preferred another SSE or at least similar stages like Mushroom Kingdom and the Zelda stage from melee's adventure mode.

I'm quite surprised that the leak wasn't real, I mean it's a very elaborate leak, but people say the Ken pose is identical so I really wonder how the person made it, I have a feeling the leaker won't show themselves though.

I was quite disappointed throughout most of the direct, but I must admit that the Piranha Plant character is very unique and no one expected that. For me, it compensates the fact that the grinch leak was fake

D

Deleted member

Please be respectful towards others.
I know it won't happen, but every person. EVERY single person who bashed Verg and and every other insider needs to apologize. The rest of you who all doubted the insiders? No ******* **** the banner was false; EVERY Insider said so? What the hell were you idiots expecting?!

Ok, rant over. Pirahna Plant; that's just the awesome, random pick i was expecting. I like it. Thought it might be possible too (either that or Boo) since they were in Mario kart & Mario Tennis.

Im very happy since Incineroar was all I was hoping for. With this, Vergeben was 100% correct and predicted every character. I'm going to hop over to Gamefaqs to see how they try to discredit him now.

Also, on another note, I never saw Skull Kid as a sticker/Spirit thing, so he may still be one of the DLC characters left. Shantae, unfortunately, was there though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Piranha Plant Mains where you at? :laugh:

That spirits mode cinematic was amzing. Shilk having a vision of everyone dying, Oh Jeez...

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Phiranna plant looks great.

I love the idea.

Going to get the fighters pack when I can. Hopefully we get some good characters out of it. Like Waddle Dee.
Shadow, Arms dude and others ended up being AT's. Which is something.

I like Spirits mode. Seems like an older RPG idea. I am excited.
***** you know it shoulda been Koopa Troopa.. Also congrats. You got your theory in the worst possible way.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
It's definitely a shame that Geno and Mach Rider missing out, but Piranha Plant as a character is so hilarious that I can't even be mad.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Is it sad that Pirhana Plant was the best thing about that Direct?

Because...everything else felt like a letdown, honestly

D

Deleted member

Sakurai surpassed Kojima, no debate there.

But now i am worried about Crash’s chances as DLC.
Although we still need to keep the support.

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell would Sakurai put in a PIRAHNA PLANT, over shadow, geno, and Isacc!? Just wtf man

NineS

Smash Lord
it was beautiful
absolutely amazing

pirahna plant is my favorite character for this direct

i'm happy for everyone who wanted kencineroar, and i'm excited for the unknown DLC fighters

looks like the antagonist in spirits (probably tabuu) is going a step further than thanos and wiping everyone except kirby, unlike thanos who only did half of everyone

surprised we didn't get a square rep

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp, my guess is that Piranha Plant was going to be the arbitrary WTF character but they just weren't able to finish its development time because they were prioritizing fan favorites + Incineroar over it. If it counts for anything I think it's hilarious.

Also a new adventure mode heck yeah that's all I needed! Looks like characters will have overworld abilities which is a cute touch. And did I see them controlling Rathalos for a second there?

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Now that Grinch leak was confirmed fake, as a member of TeamFake, I am not gonna rub it in TeamReal's face. I am pretty sad that Isaac is an AT, but I really want to talk about the Grinch leak together.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well.
...With that out of the way.

Isaac looked great, I'm so, so, so happy to see him again.

Complicated feelings about Isaac being an Assist Trophy aside, this Direct was amazing.

Piranha Plant is such a hilarious choice of character. :laugh:

There's an Adventure Mode, and it's not Spirits! This is amazing.

There's going to be so. much. to. do.
*hopes beyond hope for Assist Trophy upgrades as DLC*

Also, Sakurai's pause and "I wonder if I'll ever get a break?" when discussing DLC was... so funny, It's clear he loves what he does.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

;) Just saying.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
well mariotehplumber trolled us with the Grinch, or someone trolled him idk.

Anyway, I hope Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Skull Kid, and Chorus Kids are DLC.

I like Incineroar but I feel sorta disappointed that Box Theory is true, especially since some insiders said Incineroar isn't the only missing character in the leak.

Pirahna Plant is funny.

The best thing about this, though?

Kirby is the Smash Bros. savior.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Let me apologize to insiders. I learnt to temper my expectations. So i'm not disappointed.

The trailer is serious Avengers vibe man.

The song is so beautiful too

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
fking trash i'm done with this. this direct basically confirmed no rex at all even dlc!! and spring man is assist?? seriously??? 0/10 direct

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Oh boy, that's what I always thought. That leak was false and box theory was correct.

But I guess this really must be the worst timeline for some people. I'm absolutely ok with it and adventure mode has me hyped as ****

D

Deleted member

Just realized....with only 2 characters left, that means the Box Theory reigns supreme; it was correct along with the Insiders lol.

Since Verge was correct about everything else, a Square character must be one of the DLC. Seems like we won't know for awhile though if even the Piranha won't be released for a fair bit after the game comes out.

marth_t90

Smash Cadet
i j rly wanted a playable eshop demo tbh.

anyway, by preloading is there anyway someone could access the code and find out more **** ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom