• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know we've gotten truckloads of, "Imagine this thread if 'X' happens" posts, but I'm preparing myself for the salt that would come if Ken is the only character on the banner who ends up being playable.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I was just recently told that because of my shenanigans with encouraging people to post only comments with “Nice” on page 6969 people got infracted and almost got the thread locked. Sorry, @Mic_128 , that’s all on me lol.

I still can’t believe that within the next two hours we’re going to know a ton of stuff we didn’t before. Let’s just hope the salt levels aren’t...too high.
I don’t remember anyone encouraging about posting “Nice” on page 6969 because there are many post of Good Mornings, Few Hours Hype, Smash Bros Talk even though I said “Nice we made it!” :lol:

It’s fine dude, many other people were hype about Page 6969 for like two days after the which to another form.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We're not getting a mature stream for characters in Smash, especially those already in because:
The games already been rated
Characters are made to not increase the rating anymore than what it is
Selling Ultimate with a mature rating is isn't going to do Nintendo many favours

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I'm not changing my avatar until Dixie is confirmed as a playable fighter. Even if it takes years. So y'all better be praying she's in.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Final speculation.

Sans as an assist trophy but if he's summoned by the winning player he does nothing. He only goes Megalovania if summoned by the one in last place.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know we've gotten truckloads of, "Imagine this thread if 'X' happens" posts, but I'm preparing myself for the salt that would come if Ken is the only character on the banner who ends up being playable.
I think that's an entirely possible outcome.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, I am from Up state Smashboards and I never heard such a phrase.
You're meant to say a part of Up state Smashboards.

Well I'm from the Melee scene and I've never heard anyone use that phrase.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Today will be the second coming of Geno. Prepare yourselves for Sakurai's golden escalator to shoot down from the heavens.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is how I currently feel.

Any last minute predictions, people?
I predict
  • At least one of Geno/Banjo-Kazooie/Isaac
  • Adventure Mode being better than Melee but worse than Brawl (for me)
  • At least one new stage
  • Multiple bosses
  • Assist Trophy salt
  • Echo salt
  • Typical Smash fandom last reveal salt
  • Generally salt

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I know people are saying "don't get too upset" if your character didn't get in. But I'm gonna be different.

Get upset. Your negative emotions don't make you a bad person and no one should try to suppress.

Be sad, be mad, rant on the forums, huff/puff, mourn, do whatever it takes to get it out of you. Obviously short of insulting/threatening/harming yourself and others.

We're all gonna buy the game anyway. The last thing anyone really needs is for someone online, who's essentially a faceless blob, tone policing your attitude. So I say vent.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Good morning new Smash friends! I hope most of you get your dream character(s) revealed today.

Here's to a great direct with you all~

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Good morning everyone!

I just want to say....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to get it out of my system before class.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Bee Card

Smash Ace
The final countdown ! Don't forget to choose your team in this Smash Civil War ! Only one team will survive ! :demon:

Team Real for me :shades:

LetterO

Smash Lord
LET'S GO EVERYBODY. THIS IS THE FINAL STRETCH. THIS IS THE SUN. THEN IT'S ALL DLC FROM HERE! BELIEVE IN YOUR MOST WANTED. I BELIEVE IN CHORUS KIDS

NineS

Smash Lord
2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

I'm going mad. WE'RE SO CLOSE!

I can't handle the wait. The Hype. I'm finally exploding. Self destruction imminent.

THE HYPE IS GETTING ME!
**** SQUARE ENIX! NO ONE TELL ME TO HYPE RESPONSIBLY THIS TIME! I'M HOPELESS AND INSANE! I'LL WRESTLE THE HYPE OUT OF YOUR HANDS!

How many of us can relate to this madman? I apologize in advance but it's the end times for me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Leaving now. Best of luck to all.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I must say, I'm impressed we don't definitively know the full roster by this point, of course we might with the Grinch leak, but there are still doubts about it. This close to release with Smash 4 the ESRB leak had already been out for quite a while and was looking irrefutably like the real deal, and while we didn't have picture evidence with Brawl, we were putting things together through what two leakers with very proven track records had told us.

That we're 20 minutes away and there still are so many questions is a job well done by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gonna make some last minute predictions

- Ken and Incineroar locked in
- "Spirits" are a collectible of some sort, maybe a currency, used in the Spirits mode, maybe Castlevania themed
- Morgan in Robin's Final Smash
- One of Shadow and Chorus Kids might be playable
- Banana Waffle Tea is an assist.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. gets nothing and I'll be certified sad
- Dixie is either an assist or in Diddy's Final Smash
- Home Run Contest is changed somehow

KMDP

Smash Legend
I must say, I'm impressed we don't definitively know the full roster by this point, of course we might in the Grinch leak, but there are still doubts about it. This close to release with Smash 4 the ESRB leak had already been out for quite a while and was looking like the real deal, and with Brawl we didn't have picture evidence, but we were putting things together through what two leakers with very proven track records had told us. That we're 20 minutes away and there still are so many questions is a job well done by Nintendo.
And then some asshole comes with 10 minutes left and definitively leaks the Smash roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom