• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
That's me too
Goku supporters are the repressed supporters on smashboards. Bring it in bro, lets hug it out.

They shut down my Goku support thread, never felt so wronged in all my life.

We're gonna make it bro.
We're all gonna make it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I can't see in any form how we all won't have a meltdown in the end.

Grinch leak- Meltdown
Grinch leak, It's never ogre- MELTDOWN
Grinch leak completely wrong- Meltdown
Ken and Incineroar only- Melt ****ing down

I personally still can't see it being fake no matter what insiders say. Everything is just too deliberate, but I'm prepared for it to be fake
The only insider I truly trust is this guy.

I'll be hearing from him in a couple of hours--I'll let you know what my source says.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well guys, the time is coming, slowy, but coming for sure.

Whatever happen, whatever characters you supported up until this point, I hope you will have a great time watching it.

Because at the end, there is no limit to the hype train, and if there is one, then we have to push it.

...all to say that, I really wanted to post this song in one way or another, so yeah, hope you like it.:drshrug:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’d absolutely laugh my ass off if Goku got in. I wouldn’t even be mad, I’d actually be hyped.

But if I had a choice for an anime character in Smash it’d probably be DIO tbh. Plus JoJo got some GOAT music. The Pillar Man Theme >>>>

Or Hisoka so I can torment Ness and Lucas players with him.

D

Deleted member

Imo, even if you are to add non-vidoegame characters (which I don’t think is a good idea in the first place), Goku doesn’t really make much sense to me. I feel like James Bond or Kitty White would be more sensible choices.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
One way to immediately kick the Direct into hyperactive flux would be for the first frame of the first trailer once the Direct starts to be the route select screen from Mach Rider.

Instant chaos.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Other than new fighters and new alt for character, what are something you would like for DLC? Like an Octo expansion.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I'll be hearing from him in a couple of hours--I'll let you know what my source says.

This guy right? The only guy who effectively knew about Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter and K. Rool right? Yeah, it's best to just listen to him over everyone else.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Im killing time reading deltarune theories

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Imo, even if you are to add non-vidoegame characters (which I don’t think is a good idea in the first place), Goku doesn’t really make much sense to me. I feel like James Bond or Kitty White would be more sensible choices.
There are more dragon ball games on the switch then there are animal crossing, kirby, pikmin, and metroid put together.:troll:

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
They'd be spoilers cause I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours and then another hour until I'm at home.
Oh, you mean avoid spoilers, lol. I thought you were talking about coming in and posting spoilers.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
One way to immediately kick the Direct into hyperactive flux would be for the first frame of the first trailer once the Direct starts to be the route select screen from Mach Rider.

Instant chaos.
If the first trailer is any of the unique 5 characters we have on the banner I'm going to collectively have a stroke until a 2nd character can corroborate the first.

It's all about the first 2 minutes of this direct, since it likely will open with a trailer.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Well, I'm up a bit earlier than usual today. That's because I actually had a dream about the Direct and I was too anxious to really get back to sleep.

All I remember from my dream was: Incineroar was confirmed at the beginning, four other newcomers were teased to show up later on, and Smash Run returned as a Games & More mode.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp the grinch leak made it to this I’m assuming

Welp hope for the best

And remind people suddenly changing to team fake

It’s actually assuming it’s fake to keep exspectations at check

I’m exspect if it to happen but I am assuming it to be fake

Crossing my fingers

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Are you kidding me? He's unreliable as hell. Remember that time he claimed ZSS wasn't in Smash 4, only for her to be confirmed, like, two seconds later? He's a fraud, man.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
I swear to god if Sakurai destroys all forms of speculation as we know it, or in fact confirms one of our many leaks.... but DOESN'T say "These are your final new challengers..."

This place is going to have a meltdown.
i still hold the grinch leak to be real, but this is a real possibility, what if everyone is wrong

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wonder how lopsided Fake vs. Real would be if Cloud was not in 4, and the first instance we have of him was from this leaked mural.
Pretty sure if Cloud was a newcomer, he'd be the E3 charcter instead of (or maybe alongside?) Ridley

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Has it been long enough where I can gush about how cute Susie is and how I wish we could have seen Asriel grown up and why Toriel is still mad at Asgore?
Seems to be an alternate universe kind of thing cause Undyne has both eyes and doesn't seem to know Alphys.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
has anyone ever seen me and sakurai in the same room at the same time

just some food for thought

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
i still hold the grinch leak to be real, but this is a real possibility, what if everyone is wrong
Best scenario. It'd avoid pages of 'told you so's'. I have nothing against any of the Grinch leak characters joining Smash, but I'm hoping for some kind of twist so it's not just 'oh look it's them' for character reveals.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Imagine if there was an ESRB leak back when Smash 64 was close to being released.
The first time I found out there was a Nintendo crossover game called "Super Smash Bros." was when I was reading Nintendo Power Vol. 119 (April 1999). I recognized all the fighters but I didn't know who Captain Falcon and Ness were and I questioned why Jigglypuff was there instead of Meowth.

So yeah, I wanted Meowth since day one. Meowth was the first character I wanted for Smash.

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
Best scenario. It'd avoid pages of 'told you so's'. I have nothing against any of the Grinch leak characters joining Smash, but I'm hoping for some kind of twist so it's not just 'oh look it's them' for character reveals.
exactly!!

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Has it been long enough where I can gush about how cute Susie is and how I wish we could have seen Asriel grown up and why Toriel is still mad at Asgore?
Yep- 24 hours already passed.

Susie reminds me of a friend of mine. Ralsei is suuuuuuper cute

The first time I found out there was a Nintendo crossover game called "Super Smash Bros." was when I was reading Nintendo Power Vol. 119 (April 1999). I recognized all the fighters but I didn't know who Captain Falcon and Ness were and I questioned why Jigglypuff was there instead of Meowth.
I first played in an local expo and I instantly fell in love. It was fascinanting, throing stuff around. So fun.

I also remember I used to play kirby, and I was always wondering why kirby felt so off on Melee compared to 64. It was the first time I experienced "nerfs" in my life xD

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Just when both of you were sleeping, but looking back, it might be just I was in both rooms at the same time. Hard to tell.

D

Deleted member

Only 103 minutes left. Will we reach pg 7000 by then?

Im just going to have the window for the direct open while Im at work, but hoping for 40 min of free time in the middle of the morning will be difficult. I probably won't see anything. I expect one of you diligent folks to comprise a bullet point list within 10 min of the direct's conclusion. Not asking someone to do it, mind you; Im just saying I know it'll happen and I thank you in advance for it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
tenor.gif

Well, time for me to go and come back after the Direct. Except Something miraculous happens but I'm ready to die on that hill.

I hope everyone will be as excited for that direct, and that you will have a smile on your face for the 40 minutes it will last.

Whenever you want that dumb leak to be true.
Or you wish your favorite newcomers make it in like Skull Kids, Bandana Dee and such...
Even if your dream Characters is almost a never ever like mine or someone else.

Don't lose hope, I know that in the end, Sakurai will all surprise us a way or another.

Even if my dream and wish isn't fullfiled. I hope yours will be.

Thanks you everyone here, it was great to be here since March, speculating, discussing, arguing, joking, laughing and getting crazy with you all.

Please, have fun and let's just enjoy that last ride together.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Well boys and girls, I'm off. I have to work until long after the direct, so I won't be watching until this evening. I'll see you all on the other side.

Hopefully we've stayed sane and aren't at each other's throats. Maybe everybody will be holding hands and singing songs around an internet campfire. Maybe...

While I'm dreaming, I'd like Mawile as a fighter please.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD

Yeah we went into your room the other night but didn't want to tell you.

What if every leak was wrong, even the joke ones. What if the only character is Michael Scott, with a Michael Scarn echo from Threat Level Midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom