• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
About Golden Eye I think it would be pretty awesome to have a stage and music. Though a character could be difficult with the whole licensing...
Wasn’t goldeneye referenced in Melee with the mine item? I doubt we’d ever get more than that as a reference though Id be happy to be wrong

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
well this is it guys , its almost time , when it is 1 hour before it starts you should get your freinds ready for the news , and be sure evreything is ok , like pc...

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Some of you may have noticed you got spam infractions.

Yes, posting just to increase the post count to hit the page isn't going to be tolerated.

Let's please try to keep it entirely on-topic and actual real discussion.
Yeah, yeah, we heard you already, no offense. Mic already comunicated this. Two points infraction if you spam, right?

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I've got a busy day today but luckily I have just enough of a break in my schedule to watch the Direct when it airs. Can't wait and still hoping for Geno, but no matter what I'm really excited to see who gets in!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Wasn’t goldeneye referenced in Melee with the mine item? I doubt we’d ever get more than that as a reference though Id be happy to be wrong
The mine and cloaking device were, apparently, before being redesigned to look like and be from Perfect Dark.
I think they said 'TOP SECRET'.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
About Golden Eye I think it would be pretty awesome to have a stage and music. Though a character could be difficult with the whole licensing...
Oh, that's true! As cool as Bond would be, even just Facility or Dam would make a cool stage. And I'd love the proximity mine to return. I'd be happy with that.

D

Deleted member

When i think of Mach Rider, the part of Metal Gear Solid 3 where Snake meets Eve for the first time comes to my mind.

Maybe for the bike and the fire weapons.

D

Deleted member

I expected you guys to have had long passed the infamous page before I woke up but oh well.
Will be able to watch it live as I can get out of class 1 hour before it starts

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It actually was noted under Perfect Dark in the Japanese Melee version. Likewise, if you turned your US Melee copy to Japanese, it also showed Perfect Dark.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
That's true, but in Melee, there was a item, whose game title was [TOP SECRET] and then it was forgotten, replaced by Smash Melee as the origin.

The real ORIGIN is there, but the title is [TOP SECRET], and it's readable in Japanese, which is actually Perfect Dark.

D

Deleted member

You know what other item Id like to return guys?

The Fan.
Actually, I wanna know why they cut that item. We literally have everybody back, but for some reason they ALWAYS cut the Fan, which I feel is a bit more important than the Cracker Launcher, because The Fan has been around in three games, then cut in Smash 4.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The mine and cloaking device were, apparently, before being redesigned to look like and be from Perfect Dark.
I think they said 'TOP SECRET'.
You have that reversed.

In the Japanese version of Melee, the motion sensor bomb, which had the Goldeneye design in SSB64, was given its design from Perfect Dark. It was changed back to the Goldeneye design for international versions. The cloaking device kept the Perfect Dark design since there is no Goldeneye version of the item.

But they are both labelled as TOP SECRET.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
ATTENTION ALL SMASHBOARDS USERS:

The community needs your help! We're waiting for the direct, and we're extremely hyped. To quench this hype, we need your credit card number, and the three leaked numbers on the back. But hurry quick, the Grinch and Insiders are watching!

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
We made it to the infamous page, guys! We did it! Zinith Zinith Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Starbound Starbound Royalty1702 Royalty1702 ZephyrZ ZephyrZ

Your boy SoccerStar9001 SoccerStar9001 has your images covered. And uh...nice? Nice.

But on topic, I wonder why a lot of items was removed as well. I didn't see anything wrong with them and they were fun...except for the fan. Love/Hate. The parasol was a favorite of mine, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom