• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He never did, that was an entirely different leaker. His only comment on Steve was that the leaker claiming Steve is someone legitimate he has shared sources with in the past, and the Minecraft content could possibly include a playable character but ultimately didn't know what it entailed at all.
Psh, whatever. I shouldn't trust him, he said things that are different from my opinion/wants and that makes him wrong, bad, evil, and also wrong.

I'm gonna go wait for Goku to get revealed. :smirk:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I find this song appropriate for the smash boards community before I go to sleep. Good luck everyone. Let's see what kind of happiness and carnage is left after tomorrows direct. Hope your dreams come true. Goodnight!

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
a motorcycle race between Dante, Shadow and Mach Rider would be the best CGI ever made.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
A bit of an unpopular opinion:

I wouldn't mind grinch leak being true, but tbh having a reveal of at least one pokemon that's not a starter/legendary/mystic and that's from gen 3, 5 or 7 would be a lot more hype for me than even all the grinch leak roster

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
BREATH IN
please be Sora.
Honestly though. I expected Geno up until like a month ago and I'll be happy for Geno fans if he gets in but Sora, the character I've wanted since forever, the character I gave up on because it seemed impossible, could actually be in Smash Bros. and I want it so bad.
Some people said the exact same thing for Cloud before his reveal. You never know with Sakurai.
This. I've argued why Sora would make sense for base, and he definitely makes sense for DLC.

The thing about Sora and Geno is that they'll likely both be in, whether it be in the base roster or as DLC.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright lads, i'm heading to bed.

It's been a crazy hype season! E3, Boxes, Verg, The Grinch, all of it's been absolutely ridiculous. And i'm so glad I got to spend it with you guys!

I can't believe it's almost over, well until dlc but for now it's almost over.

No matter who's in or not, let's just have fun!

I dunno what's gonna happen today, but I do know it's gonna be Ultimate!

I'll catch up with you guys after the direct, see you later.

If I miss page 6969, someone post these images and pretend it's rule 34. And then tag me so I can see it, okay?
tenor (1).gif

Skull Starters.png

Poipole.full.2346387 (1).png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some people said the exact same thing for Cloud before his reveal. You never know with Sakurai.
Jokes on you, I literally said Cloud was going to be first before Geno or Sora back in the day.

download.jpg

Why do you think I have such faith in Steve?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Man you must have some kinda faith if you think Sora's gonna get in before Geno.
I never said he would be before Geno now, did I?
With that Rumor of Sora being annnounced at the VGA I'll go even further.
I'll believe both Sora and Geno will be in.

Honestly though. I expected Geno up until like a month ago and I'll be happy for Geno fans if he gets in but Sora, the character I've wanted since forever, the character I gave up on because it seemed impossible, could actually be in Smash Bros. and I want it so bad.
My man. I'm dying on that ****ing hill. I've been defending Sora for so long, I'm sure you saw that yourself-

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, Walmart finally decided to ship my GC Controller and Adapter, so they're on their way if you also have one pre-ordered.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Well, Walmart finally decided to ship my GC Controller and Adapter, so they're on their way if you also have one pre-ordered.
Yeah! I got an email from Amazon earlier. It said on the e-mail "Your order for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate... has shipped!". I freaked and then saw that it was the controller and the e-mail just cut off at Ultimate.

Last edited:
Alright I'm out. I'm gonna rewatch the new season of SAO for the tenth time and hopefully by then I can force myself to sleep but if there's anything to go by what happened in the past... yeah that ain't happening.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Anyone know how to keep the direct unspoiled? I can't watch it live, and I would hate to have it spoiled because of youtube thumbnails...
I would say, go to the Smash Bros. playlist on Nintendo's YouTube (say, have it in a separate tab, as the main one as well) since the livestream would either be going on in Treeshouse: Live, or just finished and there would probably be recommended videos below with spoilers. And if you have social media notifs on, then turn those off.

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet
Counting down to the Direct by listening to my all time favourite album.

Is this Smash Ultimate? Or is it fantasy?
We will learn that soon, Learn of the fate of the Grinch Leak
Open the banner, but the fans cannot agree
Defended by Team Real, and denied by Team Fake,
And they are praying yes, fearing no, feeling hype, feeling low
Whatever the truth is will forever matter...to Smash

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
My man. I'm dying on that ****ing hill. I've been defending Sora for so long, I'm sure you saw that yourself-
I know brother, I know.

It's been an honor serving with you.

giphy (3).gif

Here's to seeing Sora in Smash!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I wouldn't mind grinch leak being true, but tbh having a reveal of at least one pokemon that's not a starter/legendary/mystic and that's from gen 3, 5 or 7 would be a lot more hype for me than even all the grinch leak roster
Even more unpopular opinion:

Even though I want the Grinch leak to be true, Team Rocket Meowth would be a lot more hype for me than all the Grinch leak roster.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh yeah, I forgot that the controller and adapter is launching THIS week...
Good luck finding them.

Seriously. I remember when they released for Sm4sh. I had to wait about 3 months to get my hands on one.

Last edited:

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Final prediction:
Grinch leak is fake, but we're getting more than Kencineroar.
If it's real, I'll be ecstatic, but I'm waiting for the cat.
My brain tells me fake, but my heart tells me real.
We'll all get through this.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

Was playing Where's Waldo with the banner and I think I may have saw what seems to be Incineroar on it doing like some sort of diving crossbody lateral press next to Ken.

Leak 5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom